• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

Done and done.

:O

Amazing-Spider-Man-Renew-Your-Vows-2015-a906c-600x910.jpg

CBTech

What are some good daredevil runs? I plan on reading Waid's run but are there any earlier runs that are important and good?

The need to re-read Doom Patrol has overcome me.
I rated it, but wasn't going to bother you and ask for an avatar... But now I kinda really want a Robotman (from Doom Patrol) avatar...

I feel like this is a very uneven deal. Me rating your comic (which I would've happily done even without the avatar offer) for a avatar drawn by you. I feel bad taking advantage of it. Haha. Thank you so much though!
Just think of it as part of your comics killing campaign :p

Done and done.
Thanks Tetrax, do you have anything in mind for an avatar?

Also I think some other contestants have been giving out negative reviews to the other contestants, my rating as well as most of the other ones I've seen keep dropping.

Unless you guys are rating my comic low haha

Nudull

Banned
Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

Did my part.

Cheska

Yeeeeeaaaaah!! :D

j1cCatnl.png

Owzers

Just think of it as part of your comics killing campaign :p

Thanks Tetrax, do you have anything in mind for an avatar?

Also I think some other contestants have been giving out negative reviews to the other contestants, my rating as well as most of the other ones I've seen keep dropping.

Unless you guys are rating my comic low haha

ha!

edit: I voted, I was surprised to see Line as an acceptable login and that's the one weirdo service i use. You got my highest rating ever i think, partly to combat people giving you low scores out of spite. Low scores are supposed to given out of hating things, these people have no integrity.

Nudull

Banned
Thanks so much guys!

Here are some avatars and a larger version of the images. Get them while they're hot!

SillyMonkey, Cheska, JC and Nudull, what would you guys like? Any one else who has helped me out, please let me know if you would like a custom avatar :)

Scandal Savage? :)

Cheska

Thanks so much guys!

Here are some avatars and a larger version of the images. Get them while they're hot!

SillyMonkey, Cheska, JC and Nudull, what would you guys like? Any one else who has helped me out, please let me know if you would like a custom avatar :)
DAMN! Those are fucking amazing dude!

Wouldn't be me if I didn't go for a Catwoman :D If you're tired of drawing her though, I'm good with Wonder Woman too lol. You are far too kind sir.

Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble reminds me of Brian Wood taking over Moon Knight. If comic writers participated in a Royal Rumble, who do you think would win?

good shit, Ed. Rated. I'm "stuck" with Prince Pretty for the next few weeks though

Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble reminds me of Brian Wood taking over Moon Knight. If comic writers participated in a Royal Rumble, who do you think would win?

Roman winning + D Bry getting eliminated like a jobber killed my spirit, breh

and Bendis would be booked to win. Over and over again

good shit, Ed. Rated. I'm "stuck" with Prince Pretty for the next few weeks though

Answer is Bendis. Bendis everyday all day.

Hell him and Cena even have the same smile.

Lost interest after the D Bry elimination and couldn't stop laughing when Kane/Big Show eliminated Ziggler, Ambrose and Bray in a span of like 30 seconds. A Reigns/Ambrose/Ziggler/Bray final four would have at last been kind of interesting. The fact that it was those two clearing out the young guys was hilarious to me, it's like they booked it specifically to incite the crowd. The entire stadium booing Reigns made me feel like it was me that won the Royal Rumble.

Bendis was exactly who I had in mind when I asked the question, but I'd give the Diesel Push to Remender.

Yeah rated it for you. And don't need a avi till after A:AoU.

Thanks so much guys!

Yo, just voted! Just draw my avatar or something. :)

Lost interest after the D Bry elimination and couldn't stop laughing when Kane/Big Show eliminated Ziggler, Ambrose and Bray in a span of like 30 seconds. A Reigns/Ambrose/Ziggler/Bray final four would have at last been kind of interesting. The fact that it was those two clearing out the young guys was hilarious to me, it's like they booked it specifically to incite the crowd. The entire stadium booing Reigns made me feel like it was me that won the Royal Rumble.

Bendis was exactly who I had in mind when I asked the question, but I'd give the Diesel Push to Remender.

Actually see Remender as the CM Punk. Dude obviously knows it is fucked up but is still trying to get them to change it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why does everything get better every time Brand and s.w.o.r.d. are involved?

Case in point, this Cable & the x-force arc where they spring some alien criminal from jail

Owzers

wowwwww White Bear episode of Black Mirror was weird indeed. Makes me rethink my entire stance on
stuffed animal bears. Stuff is dangerous

also, yay avatar requests, i 'll think of one sooner than later when you're not tired from things and i think of things.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brand is the best comic character that most comic fans go "who?"

174585-105985-abigail-brand.jpg

Fact

Dalek

Thanks so much guys!

Damn dude-these are very awesome. I'm not saying that to be polite, these are amazing.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Thanks so much guys!

I voted for you! Hope it helps. You can draw me a pizza dog avatar if you like :)

Brand is the best comic character that most comic fans go "who?"

Fact

Isn't that just Polaris with sunglasses?

GH, do you want an avatar?

You don't need to bribe encourage me to help you out bro. Just say the word and I'll help! I'm there day one. That said
I ain't gonna say no. 50s style Saturn Girl?! :D

It was cool to get to see some of your panel work. Thanks for sharing!

kd-z

Voted on your comic, Ed! Seems a lot of people are giving out low votes to the competition because currently the rating is really low :(

As for the avatar request, I wouldn't mind a Heat Huston from Fear Agent. Only if you have the time and feel like it, of coruse! :)

sca2511

Voted.

I was wondering if anyone elses Comixology app is crashing on startup (Android)?

edit: Nevermind, fixed. Such an easy thing to overlook, thanks GrandHarrier

edit2: Nevermind again. Its back.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just canceled about 500€ in Comicbooks after I noticed, that my preorderes were getting a little bit out of the hand. Dropped finally a lot of books I dont like (All-New X-Men), classic stuff that I was just interested in and is only promotion material for the next movies (Tons of Vision, Ultron and Scarlett Witch/Quicksilver stuff) and books I was just curious about (Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, I expect OHCs of this books anyway at some point, Legendary Starlord).

OHCs and Omnibusses stayed untouched.

I have still way to much books preordered, but I needed to cut down since I live now in my own flat and have still to learn, how much I will now spend every month for my living.

At least I dont have to pay rent, but I cant afford the same amount of books when every month is as expensive as this one was, even when I bought a lot of basic stuff you need for a appartment.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Floppies subscription can easily get out of hand, suddenly you find yourself buying a ton of shit you no longer enjoy just because.

Going Kipp kills might kill comics but at least you're keeping your wallet alive.

On that note, I'm almost done reading the Hellboy stuff I currently have so the time has come to order the stuff remaining. So much stuff to buy/read!

And I was wondering, Witchfinder/Lobster Johnson, YAY/NAY?

Earth 2 Worlds End has been really exciting. It's been fascinating watching this brutal war between Earth 2 and Apokolips play out. It's almost like you've got different tiers of Earth's in how they were able to resist Apokolips. Earth Prime obviously beat them off but Earth 2 was somewhere in the middle. They didn't fall but suffered because of it. And yet they also advanced in tech considerably. But they just can't seem to resist the full might being brought against them. Lots of awesome moments where the defenders manage to pull it back from the brink.

The passing the torch moment where Kara takes Clark's shield is actually pretty good and touching. The family dynamic between her and Lois is one I really like and would love to see some back stories exploring more of that.

Snow day tomorrow?! Please!

Top Bottom