• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

Wes Craig posted the cover for Deadly Class Vol 2 on tumblr:
tumblr_nipc5jsDPp1rd2eyko2_500.jpg

Hopefully they announce a hardcover soon

Fuck me. That is beautiful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Secret Avengers #5: this book is so good, its ridiculous. And seems like theres going to be Deadpool / Hawkeye shanenigans next issue

All New Ghost Rider #5: not going to lie, all I care about is the art :/ Its one of those books I would never buy but on MU ill read it for the art

Indeed. Shame it got Kipp'd. Great series.

why does Kipp ruin everything?

Welp, thanks to last night's Royal Rumble, it looks like I'll have a few more free hours per week for comics! Gotta look on the bright side...

Here here, though the snow took care of this week's shows (except the greatness that is NXT, nothing stops that train).

should have turned it off after the Brock match.

Yeah, so much this. Staying up until 4AM was rough, I can barely stay awake now.

fauxtrot

Banned
It looks like I missed some podcast talk a few pages back, but if y'all are serious and need another member, I have been doing a videogame related podcast for the past year and would be down to participate on this one as well. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people that'd like to be on mic, so I'm not expecting you to need more, and that's perfectly OK too.

So for the people that have helped me out with my comic, please let me know what you would like for your avatar. I have the requests for the following posters.

GrandHarrier - 50s Saturn Girl
CapNBritain - Captain Britain
Cheska -Catwoman
Paul Excellent - Drawing of current avatar
TetraxShards - Hannah from Rat Queens or Kate Bishop
Kd-Z - Heath Houston from Fear Agent
Tim1138 - Laike
Messi - Olivia Wilde
Nudull - Scandal Savage
Wetflame - Pizza Dog

I need the requests from the following
BuddyJoeHooker
Freezasaurus
GorillawithDandruff
Rafe=FedKilla
Sca2511
Shin Johnpv
SillyMonkey
ThyMusicMan
Tizoc
Zombine
Dalek

There were a few of you who have said they don't need an avatar. In the future, if you would like one done for you, let me know and I'll get on it. My offer is good for a lifetime. And not like a manufacturer's lifetime guarantee which is sometimes like 10 years. I mean like your entire life. Even if avatars are useless in the future, I'll still make one for you!

Once again, I have to state I am actually overwhelmed by your support. This is way more support than I expected! It may take me a bit longer than this week to get through it but I'll continue to posts the avatars here unless requested otherwise.

Cheers!

PS: Special thanks to Cheska and KoruptData (I believe thats him on twitter) for pimping me out on twitter. Y'all are awesome.

Boogiepop

Well then. Just finished part 6 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and yeah... that was a pretty insane end to that arc. I really kind of want to start part 7 right now, but I already read a good bit today.

Also, I just decided to go ahead and read the Wiki summary for New Exiles, since reading the original run got me curious enough to do that, but certainly not enough to purchase it. And geez, it's at least partially due to par writing on the part of whoever made that entry, but that just reads like a fever dream. Like somebody throwing a ton of words together in a way that may count as a sentence, but makes very little sense.

Messi

So for the people that have helped me out with my comic, please let me know what you would like for your avatar. I have the requests for the following posters.

Cheska -Catwoman
Tim1138 - Laike
Messi - Olivia Wilde
Nudull - Scandal Savage
Wetflame - Pizza Dog

BuddyJoeHooker
Freezasaurus
GorillawithDandruff
Rafe=FedKilla
Sca2511
Shin Johnpv
SillyMonkey
ThyMusicMan
Tizoc
Zombine
Dalek

There were a few of you who have said they don't need an avatar. In the future, if you would like one done for you, let me know and I'll get on it. My offer is good for a lifetime. And not like a manufacturer's lifetime guarantee which is sometimes like 10 years. I mean like your entire life. Even if avatars are useless in the future, I'll still make one for you!

Once again, I have to state I am actually overwhelmed by your support. This is way more support than I expected! It may take me a bit longer than this week to get through it but I'll continue to posts the avatars here unless requested otherwise.

Cheers!

PS: Special thanks to Cheska and KoruptData (I believe thats him on twitter) for pimping me out on twitter. Y'all are awesome.

post-28942-Olivia-Wilde-WHAT-WTF-gif-sexy-8W3w.gif

fauxtrot

Banned

snip...

I just voted a little earlier today, but I don't need an avatar... just wanted to say keep up the great work and I'm happy to be able to help! :)

Until when can I vote for you? I completly forgot to do so, but I still would like to help.

I think you can vote whenever. They announce winners on the 30th. I imagine ratings will continue to shift until Jan 29. I'll make an avatar for you even if it turns you can't vote when you get the chance.

I just voted a little earlier today, but I don't need an avatar... just wanted to say keep up the great work and I'm happy to be able to help! :)
Thanks fauxtrot! If you ever get the itch for an avatar, let me know.

Yo ed, just saw your link from yesterday and voted. If you get a chance for a Damian doing his TT thing, that'd be rad as fuck.

Also, great work on the book and the avatars, homie!
Thanks Filthy, is the 'TT' thing something he's saying when he's being arrogant. Just did a quick search to see if he had a signature look that went with it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, here's a couple of good reference shots for you of Laika.
Sweet, many thanks. Saves me some referencing time

Can I get the link to this voting thing, Ed?
Here you go.

You have to go down and rate it by stars on the bottom right. It'll ask you to register or login using facebook or twitter so that you can rate it. If you rather not register or not use your social media accounts, don't worry about it, I appreciate the help anyway!

I've been reading up on webtoons.com and apparently, 75% of its readership is Korean. Hopefully the differences in American and Korean taste don't hurt me too bad.

That is actually a great question, man. It's like a verbalized smirk, I feel. Like most recently:

Is that Patrick Gleason work? Because wow

I think I would buy more DC stuff if DC had a better trade release schedule. I'm really liking what I'm seeing out DC in the past couple years. Certainly more than when the new 52 first came out.

I don't need an avatar Ed, only your bravery.....
Not even if it was an extreme Rob Liefeld?

Zombine

Banned

Cheska -Catwoman
Tim1138 - Laike
Messi - Olivia Wilde
Nudull - Scandal Savage
Wetflame - Pizza Dog

BuddyJoeHooker
Freezasaurus
GorillawithDandruff
Rafe=FedKilla
Sca2511
Shin Johnpv
SillyMonkey
ThyMusicMan
Tizoc
Zombine
Dalek

Cheers!

Can I have a picture of a force ghost John Kerry?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I think I would buy more DC stuff if DC had a better trade release schedule. I'm really liking what I'm seeing out DC in the past couple years. Certainly more than when the new 52 first came out.

Yeap, Pat Gleason has been killing it on Batman & Robin for the entire run. But really, the most recent issue--#38--is just page after page of gorgeous and emotionally charged art. I feel like Damian's return has super-powered Tomasi and Gleason, and shit's gonna get wild in this book.

Messi

Not even if it was an extreme Rob Liefeld?

That is indeed Patrick Gleason's work. His most recent issue was a tour de force.

Yeah DC's output quality has really improved since the New 52 began. It's great to see.

Speaking of Superman. Where should I start reading the New52 Superman? I read the first trade at Barnes and Noble and wasn't very impressed, but I love Superman and want to check out his series. I should probably the New52 Action comics. Read the first couple of issues and thought it was pretty cool.

Action Comics once Pak takes over. Morrison's run is terrible, just awful. Superman once Johns takes over, Batman Superman has been good, specially the first few arcs. Wonder Woman Superman has been pretty darn good too.

CBTech

Here you go.

You have to go down and rate it by stars on the bottom right. It'll ask you to register or login using facebook or twitter so that you can rate it. If you rather not register or not use your social media accounts, don't worry about it, I appreciate the help anyway!

I've been reading up on webtoons.com and apparently, 75% of its readership is Korean. Hopefully the differences in American and Korean taste don't hurt me too bad.

My girlfriend is Korean and she refers to webcomics as webtoons all the time. It sounds so weird to me though.

Anyway, gave you a rating. If you could make me an avatar of Link in his Ocarina of Time style that would be amazing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Dat Mark Waid Daredevil Run. Halfway through the third OHC, I just love this book, even when he always teases the shit and delivers with a bummer.

I dont want it to end :(

tim1138

are you sure you don't want the version with boobs?

Oh I'm sure. It did not surprise me to learn that design was all Ryan Browne.

That is actually a great question, man. It's like a verbalized smirk, I feel. Like most recently:

I've always read it as him clicking his tongue at those who are inferior to him or when someone does something stupid.

No problem at all.

Shin Johnpv said:
ohhhhh interesting.

I'm really intrigued to see how that fits into their world. I have faith in Giffen to make it work though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wheres that from?

Astonishing X-Men...something. Amazing arc too

edit: actually thats a lie, thats from Uncanny X-Men vol.2 14 during AvX, but the original sinister cloning himself into a army is from astonishing I think? with the sleeping celestial? its all a blur :(

Top Bottom