• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

You just like her ridiculously short skirts :3

I do think her costume is great but I was really intrigued by where they took her character. She is the most interesting of the new characters and doesn't seem to be a massive joke like say Goldballs or Triage (seriously every time they return from any trip he is asking if he can heal anybody).

I like Emma, Llyana and the sisters too but aren't new. Only Cyclops is a dickhead and I've always thought that.

Ok, here is Gwen on display. She is a cool piece.

B8UinvBIUAA3SKL.jpg

And guys! It begins!

B8UjV4MIIAE2y_F.jpg

Yes, I'm wearing Batman PJs, it my families version of getting my socks every year for Xmas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I do think her costume is great but I was really intrigued by where they took her character. She is the most interesting of the new characters and doesn't seem to be a massive joke like say Goldballs or Triage (seriously every time they return from any trip he is asking if he can heal anybody).

I like Emma, Llyana and the sisters too but aren't new. Only Cyclops is a dickhead and I've always thought that.

I like the new mutants but I've learned to not get attached to new mutants in X books as they rarely stick around and you end up with the se rotating cast they have been using for 30 years

Anyway, it's not all sour tonight, I'm digging this cable & the x-force arc where they are fixing a bunch of different things to change the future. I always wondered "why is it just 1 thing happening at once, why aren't there more bad things happening at the same time with the amount of bad people in these comics"

I am tired of time travel tho, every fucking book involves it somehow :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know who Gerardo Sandoval is but he's doing his best Joe Mad impression on this Cable & XF issue, damn o_O

And I like it :3

Bii

I voted. I think it went through. Rating went up from 5.27 to 5.33 or something like that.

No avatar needed. Ed, if you attend a West Coast comic convention, I'd have to get a sketch from you. I'd pay of course. :D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ed, if you attend a West Coast comic convention, I'd have to get a sketch from you. I'd pay of course. :D

Seconded. You should definitely try to make Long Beach Comic Con, Ed. That would be the coolest.

Hey Korupt, does your Gwen statue lean forward a bit? I guess she's meant to look like she's shambling, but it threw me off a bit.

Yeah, she leans. Its funny also (Because I said all statues have a defect), because this might be the best paint job I have seen on a cold-cast statue not one defect.

So, I was wanting to read Alias to play catch up. Checked Marvel Unlimited - oh, duh, it wouldn't be there because it's a MAX title. OK, check Marvel.com - can't buy it there, although they do have The Pulse. Check Comixology - nothing there either. Grumble.

Am I out of luck trying to get it digitally, then?

So, I was wanting to read Alias to play catch up. Checked Marvel Unlimited - oh, duh, it wouldn't be there because it's a MAX title. OK, check Marvel.com - can't buy it there, although they do have The Pulse. Check Comixology - nothing there either. Grumble.

Am I out of luck trying to get it digitally, then?

If it's not on Marvel's services or Comixology then yeah unfortunately. I think the cheapest physical route would be to buy the Alias Omnibus off of InStockTrades.

Rhaknar

I'm loving this Gerardo Sandoval fella, even if he is Joe Mad-lite. Has he drawn anything else besides these random Cable & X-Force issues?

Cheska

Freeza, I hate you for posting your
AWESOME
figure collection. I got tired of waiting for the Kotobukiya Jubilee and you're collection just pushed me over the edge and I ordered one from AmiAmi.

Owzers

Ant-Man #1: I liked some of Lang's dialog but the issue itself didn't feel like it was going places and having the extra page count $4.99 price tag only reinforced that feeling. Random 7/10, i liked the writing but there wasn't much there to get me excited for another issue. Also, shouldn't Iron Man be inverted? Comics...

i haven't watched all the Black Mirror Episodes yet, i think 4 of 6, but White Bear is still the only one i really liked. Just saw the Waldo one and it was eh.

Rhaknar

Uncanny X-Force vol.2 issue #7

Whore House where all the ladies are dressed as various X characters :eek:

It's like they reached into my brain and... You know what, nevermind >_>

Edit: Betsy, oh my

Yeah this was a good issue :p

First story arc of Doom Patrol has been completed. The best way to describe it was the Twilight Zone of the DC universe. Lot of weird shit in those first 4 issues. I already feel like I need some analysis because I can tell Morrison put tons of symbolism and implanted a bunch of ideas that will bleed throughout the entire run.

Rhaknar

This fucked up love triangle (4 way?) arc in Uncanny X-Force (volume 2) was great. And fucked up. But I already said that (it was tho)

First story arc of Doom Patrol has been completed. The best way to describe it was the Twilight Zone of the DC universe. Lot of weird shit in those first 4 issues. I already feel like I need some analysis because I can tell Morrison put tons of symbolism and implanted a bunch of ideas that will bleed throughout the entire run.
If you think that's weird, the rest of the series is gonna melt your mind!

Rhaknar

Is this Adrian Alphona artist popular? I'm really liking his art on this spiral focused unc x-force issue (#12). Example:

UXFORCE2013012_int_LR2_00002.jpg

I'm getting early issues Kamala Ms marvel vibes, same dude?

Rhaknar

Guardians 3000

You're late Psych, you have failed this citythread!

Finished Uncanny X-Force vol.2 and Cable & The X-Force. Some quick overall thoughts:

Cable was fun. Dr.Nemesis and Forge had great chemistry, Domino and Colossus had a different kind of chemistry, I liked the various threats to the future arc and the art was more or less consistent between Salvador Larroca and various others. Hope coming in and being a brat was annoying, but I don't like Hope so.

Uncanny X-Force was great. Not even going to compare it to vol.1 because it's pointless, and a disservice to vol.2 which is great on its own in my opinion. It starts slow (but with a small arc that matters later in the series) but once it picks up it has great arcs with the aforementioned fucked up phantomex/Betsy romance arc and then the revenant arc which has some neat twists I thought. Also uncanny had some great artists working on it during the 17 issue run.

Another thing I apreciated was that both books ended with a cross over arc that leads directly to the new x-force book. Unfortunately that last arc was pretty bad, but they get points for trying to tie both x-force books together.

So yeah, both fun reads, I'm actually really looking forward to the latest x-force series now. Which is also the last one before I'm "caught up" with all things X-Men (that's a lie, I have All New on stand by because I reached the Guardians cross over and I haven't read much Guardians yet)

Is this Adrian Alphona artist popular? I'm really liking his art on this spiral focused unc x-force issue (#12).

Did the Spiral thing ever go anywhere? That's what got my interest initially, but I dropped the book before they finally got around to it. Did she join the team permanently at some point?

Rhaknar

Did the Spiral thing ever go anywhere? That's what got my interest initially, but I dropped the book before they finally got around to it. Did she join the team permanently at some point?

Yes it goes somewhere, but there's never an actual "team" to join, just a bunch of people in the same place. You should at least read the betsy/phantomex arc imo, although like I said, I also liked the revenant arc (that ties into the first arc)

Dalek

Superior Iron Man tackling the hard hitting issues like DLC already being on the disc.

But Uncanny has Eva Bell :(. I actually really like most of the new mutants. But Eva especially.

It took me a really long time to warm up to them, but yeah I like them. They need their own room to grow though, like how Eva has had the annuals.

OK, hi, guy-who-doesn't-buy-comics-often here, quick question: I'm getting Vol. 1 of Ms Marvel, and there's free shipping for orders over £10, so I figure I might as well get something else as well. So, if you could recommend ONE Marvel Comics volume from the last year or so, what would it be?

Currently I'm leaning towards Moon Knight Vol. 1.

Hawkeye Vol. 1: My Life As A Weapon

frye

I've not read Bachelor Uncanny beyond the first issue but it seems like the new characters are suffering from sharing a book with established dudes. Usually they have them in a separate book that only I read.

Rhaknar

X-Force (2014) #1

Whoa, that's some fancy art / coloring, I bet it won't last but it sure is cool.

Marrow? Now there's a blast from the past.

Dr.Nemesis in the house woot. But he's not in any cover that I've seen so either he doesn't last or he's barely in it I bet

Why the fuck is Fantomex talking like Batroc Zee Leeperr? Sure he's french (or acts french at least) but it was never to this degree. Me no like.

And the biggie... they keep talking about something that happened in Alexandria and aparently Hope is in a coma soooooooo did I miss something or its one of those "it's explained later in the series" things?

Why the fuck is Fantomex talking like Batroc Zee Leeperr? Sure he's french (or acts french at least) but it was never to this degree. Me no like.

And the biggie... they keep talking about something that happened in Alexandria and aparently Hope is in a coma soooooooo did I miss something or its one of those "it's explained later in the series" things?

Explained later in the series.

Nudull

Banned
Trollface.gif

Because all they can do is look at where they are and where they're standing, and say that they will not allow those demons here. Over there has to stand and speak for itself. It's only when over there becomes here that they can put an end to the threat for good.

^_^

Top Bottom