• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

So I emailed DCBS about the BATMAN BLACK & WHITE BATGIRL STATUE (Babs Tarr)

"This item will be available to order next month. Our website updates on the 3rd of every month so, once it’s up, you will be able to add it to your February preorder."

Booooyaaaa... Friggin doubters. :)

Finished iZombie. It was a fun book with a cool cast of characters. The art is fantastic of course. The ending was out there and very abrupt. This is a rare instance where a story could have used a few more issues to develop some character arcs. Overall, enjoyable and recommended to someone who finds the ideas intriguing.

Is there a more badass name for a comic book villain than Mr.Sinister?

I... I don't think so.

He's okay, not Dr. Doom level of throwing shade but close.
Yyq8slq.jpg

OK, hi, guy-who-doesn't-buy-comics-often here, quick question: I'm getting Vol. 1 of Ms Marvel, and there's free shipping for orders over £10, so I figure I might as well get something else as well. So, if you could recommend ONE Marvel Comics volume from the last year or so, what would it be?

Currently I'm leaning towards Moon Knight Vol. 1.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wouldn't all the Gambit clones start humping each other? He did love himself, so I wouldn't put it past him...

love himself? didnt he have / has all the self loathing because of what he did?

OK, hi, guy-who-doesn't-buy-comics-often here, quick question: I'm getting Vol. 1 of Ms Marvel, and there's free shipping for orders over £10, so I figure I might as well get something else as well. So, if you could recommend ONE Marvel Comics volume from the last year or so, what would it be?

Yeah MK is a good choice

Yeah, Moon Knight Vol. 1 is a good pick.

Owzers

Any thoughts on Copperhead, Birthright, and Wayward?

I'm finishing up my dcbs order and deciding if i want to add any trades that are half off.

So far i've read Copperhead #1, it was okay but i'm not too fond of the premise. Maybe if it had Kevin Costner. I did pick up Birthright #1 when it was on special so i'll give that a read next, but i'm interested in if these books have a good first arc.

Opinions on Madrox and X-Factor Investigations?

Dunno why, but the art and what little dialogue i can reach via imagesearch are telling me that this might be quite the buried gem.

Zombine

Banned

I'm finishing up my dcbs order and deciding if i want to add any trades that are half off.

So far i've read Copperhead #1, it was okay but i'm not too fond of the premise. Maybe if it had Kevin Costner. I did pick up Birthright #1 when it was on special so i'll give that a read next, but i'm interested in if these books have a good first arc.

Copperhead is just ok. I was hyped at first but now I'm indifferent toward it.

If you havent put the order in yet I'd say wait on Ms. Marvel because it is getting an OHC later this year.

I've only read Copperhead, and I enjoy it but it isn't anything special. If you weren't all that fond of the first issue I don't think the next few will change your mind. I like the art quite a bit, and I like the story but it isn't anything that's going to blow you away.

I'm also pretty interested in Birthright. Kept seeing ads for it in my Walking Dead/Invincible catch up readings and was pretty intrigued by them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Opinions on Madrox and X-Factor Investigations?

Dunno why, but the art and what little dialogue i can reach via imagesearch are telling me that this might be quite the buried gem.

It's fucking amazing and I need to get back to it, I read the mini series and the X factor up to issue 7

Rhaknar

Uncanny x-men #24: the original sin tie-in continues with the revelation that Xavier was
married to Mystique
lolwhut

I like that everyone continues to despise Cyke and by association his team, it really feels like they are completely separate teams since schism and especially since AvX, which I apreciate

The new, aparently omega level mutant story slowly continues, let me guess, he is
Xavier and mystique's secret son
or something

Also, fucking lol at dazzler's new look. "Look at me guys I'm so edgy with my short black punk hair and face tattoo, isn't this edgy for Cyke's edgy team? Do you like my ripped up clothes, it's so slutty just like emma and magik right guys?"

Anyway, the book continues to, shockingly, be my least favorite X book, although I love the idea and am not sure what I would change

Owzers

Birthright #1: I liked it, but the run-up to
the son's return was every movie i'm bored by condensed into the first half of a book. Father is blamed, wife leaves him, father drinks in son's room, etc etc etc.
To combat this, the other portion of the book involving what happened to Mikey (mike? i presume no one actually names people mikey) has to be exceptional and it's not. It's good, i liked the idea behind the book more than how it played out in one issue. To buy the trade or not...

Rhaknar

WATXM gets rid of Quentin and X-Men gets rid of Kymera, that's one way to make me lose interest in both books I guess >_>

Not that it matters anyway with Secret Wars looming (well not so much since these are July issues :/)

Edit: Storm #1 was cool, looking forward for more even tho I know it's canceled

Messi

Uncanny x-men #24: the original sin tie-in continues with the revelation that Xavier was
married to Mystique
lolwhut

I like that everyone continues to despise Cyke and by association his team, it really feels like they are completely separate teams since schism and especially since AvX, which I apreciate

The new, aparently omega level mutant story slowly continues, let me guess, he is
Xavier and mystique's secret son
or something

Also, fucking lol at dazzler's new look. "Look at me guys I'm so edgy with my short black punk hair and face tattoo, isn't this edgy for Cyke's edgy team? Do you like my ripped up clothes, it's so slutty just like emma and magik right guys?"

Anyway, the book continues to, shockingly, be my least favorite X book, although I love the idea and am not sure what I would change

But Uncanny has Eva Bell :(. I actually really like most of the new mutants. But Eva especially.

Top Bottom