• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Like a boss! I reread the last issue in the first arc and it clicked with me a lot better. Think I was getting tired last night.

B8Xnh2kCEAADiqW.jpg

ReAxion

Trailer science is designed as it is. You either get some hype or extrapolate the honest lack of substance to the product as a whole. Read nothing into anything.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Trailer science is designed as it is. You either get some hype or extrapolate the honest lack of substance to the product as a whole. Read nothing into anything.

Is Thing...naked?

Neoxon

So I read my little cousin some of Hickman's run of F4 a few days prior to the trailer. She liked it, but it kinda made it to where she didn't like the new movie trailer all too much.

Now to obtain some of Chris Claremont's X-Men books.

Ohnonono

So my voyage into getting collected volumes has lead me to a bunch of stuff! Some from my local comic store and some from amazon because 6$ with free shipping is hard to beat when catching up with stuff. So far I have read the first 3 TP of Saga and it is pretty amazing. I almost want to save vol. 4 which is sitting on my bedside until the next trade is closer.

My entire collection is.... Mind MGMT 1-4, Sex Criminals V1, Black Science V1, Pretty Deadly V1, Manifest Destiny V1 &2, Lazarus Vol 1&2, Rat Queens V1, The Wicked + The Divine V1, Saga V1-4, Veil V1. My biggest issue is that I keep grabbing new stuff I will have to keep up with. At least the releases are so staggered that you don't end up too bad off each month!

It makes a lot of sense tbh, the original transformation sequence in the comics is very much a body horror type of thing

excited for what they'll be doing with those scenes. i hope trank's not talking shit and actually intends to go cronenberg with that stuff.

i don't really care for the fantastic four so the trailer actually looking pretty decent was a pleasant surprise. that and managing the miracle of making miles teller look intelligent.

the power of glasses

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, drawn by cartoonists. I'm talking about making a film.
I having a hard time remember bigger details of the movie, but I didnt think that he was creepy in the first two FF movies.

I know what you are aiming at, but I dont think that stretchpowers are that creepy at all.

I can understand the body horror aspect regarding Johnny and Ben more.

Vibranium

Banned
I don't plan on seeing FF in theatres, though I'll probably watch it once as a rent. I wish Doom was in the MCU, then we could get a solo comic book for him...

I don't plan on seeing FF in theatres, though I'll probably watch it once as a rent. I wish Doom was in the MCU, then we could get a solo comic book for him...

Maybe now this movies being released I can get my hands on the Millar & Hitch Fantastic Four in an omnibus or at least OHC. I loved that run despite all the flaws. I stupidly traded in the floppies thinking I'd upgrade it...oh how I lead a life of comic related regrets.

Anybody here re-collecting the 2000AD Dredd Mega Collection. Must admit really enjoyed reading the America suite again. Awesome Artwork and excellent Story. Looking forward to the next issue.

Anybody here re-collecting the 2000AD Dredd Mega Collection. Must admit really enjoyed reading the America suite again. Awesome Artwork and excellent Story. Looking forward to the next issue.

I bought the first one. €3 for the complete America plus other stuff in a hardback is good value. I might just pick and choose (I collected the first Marvel collection, the one with the black covers and they just sit in boxes as I have no room for 60+ hardcovers on my tiny shelves), but I'm definitely getting Mechanismo and The Apocalypse War which are the next two.

I was pretty down on this movie hearing how it's going to be a "gritty" F4, but the Cronenberg body-horror spin actually has me intrigued. I also loved Chronicle and most of the main cast in this film so, I'm hoping it actually turns out good. I mean hell, even if it turns out horrible and bombs I really don't think Fox is going to let Marvel have them back, so I'd rather this turn out good then be shit and nothing happen for awhile until Fox almost loses the license again.

tim1138

I was expecting very little from the F4 trailer and it left me pleasantly surprised. I'd probably have given it the benefit of the doubt regardless, as I quite liked Chronicle.

Top Bottom