• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Boogiepop

Steel Ball Run is one of the best parts of Jojo's. It is also really damn long.

Part 7 of JoJo is just too damn long for me, like the Star Trek movies, the even numbered parts are the ones that are enjoyable, specifically 2 and 4.

Length isn't a problem for me (I'm a fan of long running stuff personally), and yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to digging in. Already read the first volume and it's off to a pretty crazy start!

ReAxion

Digital comic readers, can I get a suggestion on a good iPad app to read DRM free comics on? I picked up the Humble Image Bundle a week ago and can't find any app that seems to be able to handle the basics of reading a comic book. All I need is something that allows me to view a whole page vertical and both pages side by side when horizontal (for double page spreads). The most frustrating thing is that iBooks does this for regular books, but for some reason treats graphic novels differently.

Any suggestions? At this point I'm willing to pay a few bucks. Dropbox syncing would be nice too.

I use Comic Zeal. It supports Dropbox. I believe it does do the stuff for double page spreads. It does something, I forget exactly what, and I don't have my iPad with me to check right now.

I actually picked it up after a previous Humble Bundle, heh.

Ahhhh yisssss.

B8ZB0msIIAAm-fn.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
IST updated.

Hoo boy, that Green Lantern omnibus price.

Oh wow. I'm not even interested in Green Lantern, but $62.50 for 1250 pages is tempting.

Dude, there was a time a few years back where I accidentally ordered 2 copies of something in my cart, and I get an email two minutes later asking if that was correct.

It was Ultimatum, so they probably couldn't believe anyone would want ONE copy, much less two.

Haha. That's awesome.

Is this a good intro to Green Lantern? Will I need a lot of prior knowledge? I've only read some random trades of Green Lantern before, never a full run.

From what I understand, there's one Alan Moore GL story that you should read beforehand for some backstory, but otherwise, this is basically the definitive Green Lantern run.

ugh

i wanna read simonson and byrne ff runs so bad

did marvel unlimited get fixed width in hd yet????

like, can you read it horizontal with half of a single page taking up the whole screen?

or does it force you into the double page view?

Boogiepop

Man, I thought IST did everything comics at least (IE not the manga stuff I guess) half off for release week. But apparently that doesn't apply to IDW, at least any more, since the new Turtles is just a plain 30%? :(

Is this a good intro to Green Lantern? Will I need a lot of prior knowledge? I've only read some random trades of Green Lantern before, never a full run.

I haven't read most of his run but I read Secret Origin (I don't know if it's included) before anything else and I was fine. I'm very interested in getting the omni but my backlog.... Why is life so cruel?

tim1138

The only prior knowledge you need is that Hal became Parallax and killed off the Corps and that Kyle was the sole GL for awhile.

Like all 100k readers of Snyder capullo batman gave a dollar, they would have enough money to help one of the great iconic Batman artists out

From what I understand, there's one Alan Moore GL story that you should read beforehand for some backstory, but otherwise, this is basically the definitive Green Lantern run.

I haven't read most of his run but I read Secret Origin (I don't know if it's included) before anything else and I was fine. I'm very interested in getting the omni but my backlog.... Why is life so cruel?

Thanks. I wasn't planning to buy any more comics this month but my work announced we will get raises this year.

AHpAJrK.gif

The only prior knowledge you need is that Hal became Parallax and killed off the Corps and that Kyle was the sole GL for awhile.

Uh.. that sounds like a Big Event™. Who was writing it and is it collected?

Messi

God damn there are so many dope books next week.

Finally Ame Comi Vol 3 is coming out (no one cares only me and that is ok)

American Vampire
Detective Comics
Grayson
Saga
Velvet
Wytches
All New Cap Fear Him mini series
Angela
Antman
Hawkeye (lol, are we sure this time?)
Ms Marvel
Star Wars
Squirrel Girl

plus this, perfect.

All of that in one week. Plus the non huge books that I also read.

Messi

Stef on Talking Comics tried to claim Marvel weren't one of the big two anymore and that it was now DC and Image. To which she was put in her place with the cold hard facts. lol. We were talking about it a few days ago. My joke is crap, its ok :(

PsychBat!

Banned
Stef on Talking Comics tried to claim Marvel weren't one of the big two anymore and that it was now DC and Image. To which she was put in her place with the cold hard facts. lol. We were talking about it a few days ago. My joke is crap, its ok :(
Sorry for not getting the joke, Messi. :(

Top Bottom