• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maaan, i did not expect Taskmaster's history to be *that* tragic. Impressive what a good writer can do with a character that's been around for so long.

Even though Unthinkable also was mostly a vehicle for movie references.

Whats this now? I love me some Taskmaster, what book are you talking about?

What ever happened to Empowered? I completely forgot about it until now. :(

It's still around. 8 volumes are out, and there's a trade due soon collecting all of the one-shots.

Edit: Vol.9 due in September. HHHNNNNNGGG
61hqL4YjmSL.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
I was just starting to put together my top 3 for January, but then I realized this week's books count (duh!) and from the looks of it, there are some serious contenders coming out tomorrow.

Zombine

Banned
I was just starting to put together my top 3 for January, but then I realized this week's books count (duh!) and from the looks of it, there are some serious contenders coming out tomorrow.

I feel like you've been gone for a long time. Did you go on a motorcycle road trip?

fauxtrot

Banned
Yeah, my hair was blowin' in the wind .
Actually I just shaved my head/beard... feels weird, man.

I just got caught up with work stuff and haven't had time to post. I still love y'all, don't worry...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X-Force (2014) #3-6

Concluding the first arc with a bang, this was a hell of a start to the series. The striking rock-he kim art only lasted 3 issues (but he's back for #7!) But the replacing artist was great too. A couple of neat twists too, one I did not see coming and the other I saw coming but thought "wait is this what I think it is, that's fucked up" and it was :p

X-Force (2014) #7

Start of a new arc (with Domino yay) and again, it's a great start. Picks up after last arc's fucked up revelation of
Cable's situation
and also continues the "yo
Fantomex
is crazy" story. End of the issue is awesome. And FUCKED. This is probably my current favorite X book.

Zombine

Banned
That Fantastic 4 trailer thread is something else.

I avoid most of the comic related OT threads. It's usually filled with uninformed toxic individuals. I'm sure they're all giving their opinion on how stupid comics are in a forum dedicated to video games.

Dalek

I avoid most of the comic related OT threads. It's usually filled with uninformed toxic individuals. I'm sure they're all giving their opinion on how stupid comics are in a forum dedicated to video games.

Someone was saying that we should all be rooting for FF to be a success simply to keep it away from Marvel.

Also-I kept seeing this over and over: "This looks really good to me, but then again I don't know much about the Fantastic Four."

Sothpaw

Well I'm back after a two month vacation (have to be REALLY careful what you say in OT). Anyway I jumped on the comics bandwagon back in August and have really gotten hooked. The best series I have read so far is Scalped by Jason Aaron. Reading that after all of the event books I was focusing on really opened my eyes as how good comics can really be. Also pretty happy with how the new Star Wars turned out.

Owzers

All New Cap #3: I don't like Sam Wilson, and really, i don't like Rogers right now either. Old grumpy guy who thinks he's right all the time...i hope he gets his memory wiped again. It's mainly story gripes, in that i don't like the story. Even the "who do you trust" deal didn't go anywhere today, maybe it's Remender i don't trust after Axis.

This month's breakdown:

dropped: All New Cap, Rocket Racoon.
survived: Bucky Winter Soldier, Wicked and Divine, Ant Man
not yet sold on ordering: Batman and Robin #39

I also might trade wait Nameless after getting the first issue instead of ordering those paper things that get stapled together.

That FF thread is pretty awful. I quite like MCU movies and would like to see the FF back with marvel since the property is so damn integral to the Marvel comic universe. But I much rather take a good movie if it happens to be one than a bomb from Fox.

Neoxon

Someone was saying that we should all be rooting for FF to be a success simply to keep it away from Marvel.

Also-I kept seeing this over and over: "This looks really good to me, but then again I don't know much about the Fantastic Four."
That's what pains me the most.

By the way, I recall the OG Guardians being in an alternate future (similar to 2099). I've been catching up on Guardians 3000, is that still the case?

PsychBat!

Banned
That's what pains me the most.

By the way, I recall the OG Guardians being in an alternate future (similar to 2099). I've been catching up on Guardians 3000, is that still the case?
Yeah, it's Earth-691. Futures are basically alternate realities in the Marvel Multiverse.

Man you guys miss out on a lotta great stuff by avoiding ot comic threads. Conspiracy theories based on no evidence whatsoever, insane hype for the most meaningless pr jerbs, and manmademan, slay, mudcrab and parallax running trivia games.

Really aint that bad.

NexusCell

Just read the New Avengers that just came out this week.

Celestials and Galactus are apparently dead, shits fucked, Superior Iron Man apparently escaped, and we've got some confirmation that Beyonders = Ivory Kings.

Also, Hank Pym's rocking a pretty awesome beard.

PsychBat!

Banned

Celestials and Galactus are apparently dead, shits fucked, Superior Iron Man apparently escaped, and we've got some confirmation that Beyonders = Ivory Kings.

HOLY SHIT

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Am I the only one who thought that Waids first Daredevil Run ended with a bummer?
I cant say what it exactly is (maybe that Matt layed his whole identity flatt out open...) but something is there that I really dont like.

I hope they release a OHC with Waids second run in the near future, I want to see how the whole thing continues noneless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Just when you thought shit couldn't get realer...

NexusCell

Also, apparently, during the time skip:

The illuminati created a cosmic cube and tried to create other earths. It didn't work and they lost the cube, eventually, they resorted to using Franklin Richards to try to stop it. That didn't work either.

Rhaknar

Anyone been reading Magneto? Dude's just straight up doing a murder road trip. I particularly like how they come up with new ways for him to use his powers since he's not throwing tanks around these days

The art is really good as well

Vibranium

Banned
All New Cap #3: I don't like Sam Wilson, and really, i don't like Rogers right now either. Old grumpy guy who thinks he's right all the time...i hope he gets his memory wiped again. It's mainly story gripes, in that i don't like the story. Even the "who do you trust" deal didn't go anywhere today, maybe it's Remender i don't trust after Axis.

Yeah, I am really at the point where I hope Remender moves on from the book after Secret Wars and Steve is young again.

I would love Mark Waid or Greg Rucka on Cap.

Dalek

Are you fucking kidding me?

fertygo

Anyone been reading Magneto? Dude's just straight up doing a murder road trip. I particularly like how they come up with new ways for him to use his powers since he's not throwing tanks around these days

The art is really good as well
Street level mag is awesome.

Top Bottom