• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

PsychBat!

Banned
Stef on Talking Comics tried to claim Marvel weren't one of the big two anymore and that it was now DC and Image. To which she was put in her place with the cold hard facts. lol. We were talking about it a few days ago. My joke is crap, its ok :(
Can I get a link?

Owzers

i never got into the wide view when reading digitally, i like seeing a whole page even if it is smaller on my ipad.

There is no big two anymore, there is Image and the rest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stef on Talking Comics tried to claim Marvel weren't one of the big two anymore and that it was now DC and Image. To which she was put in her place with the cold hard facts. lol. We were talking about it a few days ago. My joke is crap, its ok :(

I got it, but all it did was remind me I hated that podcast. So thanks Messi >_>

ive been listening to comicvine's podcast a lot lately, Im really starting to like it, mainly because unlike that one, here thye just love everything lol. Marvel, DC, Image, whatever. Big Batman and Saga (whatever that is) fans over there

They saved her ass saying trade sales. They were talking about event's and they saved her blushes by saying trade sales.

And yeah, it is true that Image dominated the trade sales last year. But in the same way Image had nine of the top ten best selling trades of last year, Marvel had nine of the top ten best selling individual issues. And the issue sales pretty much determine what lives or dies in this industry, at least going from what I've seen.

Owzers

anyone pre-ordering Batman Earth One vol 2? i forgot about that from dcbs. I know it's not part of the big 1 but it still counts.

Messi

I wonder how they are going to fit Harley into these last batch of Eternal issues. She hasnt been in it yet and she was on the promo poster.

Zombine

Banned
anyone pre-ordering Batman Earth One vol 2? i forgot about that from dcbs. I know it's not part of the big 1 but it still counts.

I LOVED vol 1.

2479118-ow.jpg

Now that I look back on it the art is unexemplary and I'm not as cray about it as I was back when it came out, but it still has its moments where it looks great. Capullo has definitely spoiled me when it comes to Batman.

tumblr_niv1qvVwJW1s4tygbo1_540.jpg

Finally got my hands on this. I never realized how huge the book actually is! Since this is the entire Miller run with the exception of Born Again and the Man Without Fear I'm hoping I'll get to understand the whole character of Daredevil before the Netflix show starts.

ReAxion

I can't tell if that's hilarious or pathetic, or the former due to the latter.

arkon

Any thoughts on Copperhead, Birthright, and Wayward?

I'm finishing up my dcbs order and deciding if i want to add any trades that are half off.

So far i've read Copperhead #1, it was okay but i'm not too fond of the premise. Maybe if it had Kevin Costner. I did pick up Birthright #1 when it was on special so i'll give that a read next, but i'm interested in if these books have a good first arc.

I like it. Liked the way the first arc concluded. Nothing neat and tidy about it. Will be interested to see what that means for future arcs and how they conclude. I'm hoping there's some shorter arcs in future as it's another one of those Image titles that I feel is kinda drawn out for trades. Cool little police procedural though. However, if you didn't like the premise the subsequent issues don't really stray too far from that. You're best off dropping it. Maybe check it out in later sales.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finally got my hands on this. I never realized how huge the book actually is! Since this is the entire Miller run with the exception of Born Again and the Man Without Fear I'm hoping I'll get to understand the whole character of Daredevil before the Netflix show starts.

Oof. I can never get over how good that omnibus looks.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to finally order it whenever I place my next IST order. I've been meaning to buy it pretty much ever since I got into comics.

But yeah, this is definitely a great intro to Daredevil. Born Again is a must-read as well (after you read the omnibus though), so definitely look into picking that up.

Just finished reading the first Zero trade. Woooooooo! THAT was some good comics! I couldn't put it down, read it in one sitting (minus the first issue which I read back in November/early December). I love how theres a different artist each issue. I love how it jumps around in time, yet still feels like its telling a cohesive story. I love the after mission interview type things at the end of each issue. Man this is really, really good! I also loved in issue 2 the bubble that has a cute little message when you zoom in on it (digital only I guess.)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oooh. Just remembered that Simonson's Orion omnibus is coming out next month. That should be good.

Harley shows up on the very last page of Batman Eternal and says "Holy _____eroonie!" and everyone breaks character to laugh.

WHO ELSE BUT QUAGM- UHH HARLEY QUINN!

Maaan, i did not expect Taskmaster's history to be *that* tragic. Impressive what a good writer can do with a character that's been around for so long.

Even though Unthinkable also was mostly a vehicle for movie references.

Top Bottom