• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

New IST order arrived! The art book is good. I wish it was thicker because the sketches are great. Messi it even has the Katchoo as powergirl panel that I showed you before. Also Francine as Batgirl.

There's also a drawing of Francine and Katchoo tied up in ribbons that I'm sure sunstone fans will enjoy. Also flipping through Paradise too there's more sketches, pin-ups, covers, etc in between his comic panel work. Should be fun to go through

snlbLLn.jpg

Also His tumblr site is nice.
http://terrymooreart.tumblr.com/

uk40Gja.jpg

zRZ3Ljd.jpg

Zombine

Banned
naaaaah, the last thing my boss wants to do is catch us on damn phones. Real strict about that shit. Plus the signal SUCKS in here. Like X-Men 100th Anniversary level shit.

Got my own private office with the back of monitor pointing towards the door, so I can minimize anything before anybody walks in.

Niccce. See, at my old job IT would constantly snoop, and you'd randomly see your mouse floating around and you wouldn't be anywhere near it. Shit freaked me out.

Edit: I'm gonna go through my books soon and hand out some old codes. Trying to figure out the best way to do this. Modbot may be the best way unless you guys can be diplomatic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and we're back.

so I notice that after AvX, there's a lot of #1s released, seems like a good jumping on point maybe? I added a bunch of these #1s to my queue:

Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men Legacy, Amazing X-Men, Magneto

Now to decide if Ill read AvX first or not.

What I did read was Uncanny X-Force #8, a little one off story with the shadow king, basically to advance Archangel's persona coming out, it was fine...the series still isnt clicking with me and I dont know why

What did click with me was Rocket Racoon #1, what a fun read. And that art, my god, just pure joy

Messi

New IST order arrived! The art book is good. I wish it was thicker because the sketches are great. Messi it even has the Katchoo as powergirl panel that I showed you before. Also Francine as Batgirl.

There's also a drawing of Francine and Katchoo tied up in ribbons that I'm sure sunstone fans will enjoy.
Also flipping through Paradise too there's more sketches, pin-ups, covers, etc in between his comic panel work. Should be fun to go through

Also His tumblr site is nice.
http://terrymooreart.tumblr.com/

uk40Gja.jpg

zRZ3Ljd.jpg

Look. I am gonna need to inspect these images for lewdness.

Also what was the name of this art book?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
and we're back.

so I notice that after AvX, there's a lot of #1s released, seems like a good jumping on point maybe? I added a bunch of these #1s to my queue:

After AvX, Marvel Now started, where every book got a new creativteam and a new Status Quo.

When you want to continue reading X-Men books, you should read AvX. Its not a that good book, but almost every X-Book relates to it.

Boogiepop

The series is great.

The omnibuses - Good binding. Mediocre to poor paper quality. Not worth the $150+ you will now have to spend.

Dang. Just so I know what we're talking here: I have X-Statix, Wolverine and the X-men, and Uncanny X-Force in Omnibus form from Marvel. Any of those comparable? Also, are we expecting at least a "complete collection" or something to pop up before too terribly long? I'm definitely a bigger fan of Omnibus format, but if they're not very good combined with the way that I probably shouldn't be ordering stuff right now... ugh.

Dang. Just so I know what we're talking here: I have X-Statix, Wolverine and the X-men, and Uncanny X-Force in Omnibus form from Marvel. Any of those comparable? Also, are we expecting at least a "complete collection" or something to pop up before too terribly long? I'm definitely a bigger fan of Omnibus format, but if they're not very good combined with the way that I probably shouldn't be ordering stuff right now... ugh.

Sorry, I don't have those other Marvel omnibuses to compare to. Volume 1 isn't that bad but I would say Volume 2 paper quality is comparable to the Alias omnibus (new printing).

If you don't have access to the books on Marvel Unlimited, then the $150 price might be worth it to you. It is a pretty great series.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They are reprinting a lot of Hickmans work in another forms in the next year. I expect Complete Collections of Fantastic Four for the 4th quarter, but I would buy it in Omnibus form.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wouldn't get too attached to the art of I were you :). Skottie is great though.

wait...what? why, did it already change? or its being canceled?

#1 just went up on MU

Drayco21

Also the concept of a Spirit of Vengeance with a sweet ride and a skull head covered in hellfire is the dumbest concept in the history of ever.

I don't think I've ever told a bigger lie.

It's an idea so cool, there's no chance it'll make it past 12 issues. We don't live in so kind a world.

Has a Ghost Rider run ever really lasted long enough to make an impact or do anything cool? I think Aaron's was the strongest, but even that was pretty brief.

Blaze even got to join Thunderbolts just in time for the book to get canceled :lol

Well it's about time! What kind of books do you enjoy?

My top 5 current books in no particular order are probably
1. Low
2. Daredevil
3. Saga
4. The Fade Out
5. Sex Criminals

All Time
1. Mark Waid's Flash
2. Peter David's X-Factor (Volume 3)
3. most of the Exiles
4.Claremont's X-Men
5. Fables

Okay guys, talk to me. How good are we talking with Hickman Fantastic Four? Trying to decide if I should let myself be crazy or not on this. Also, what's the quality like on the omnibuses?

Hickman's FF run might be my favorite run of all time. Or maybe it's second to Morrison's Batman. Either way it's pretty damn amazing and epic.

I think the Omnis are pretty good quality. I've read the first one twice with no issue and the second only once but, again, no issue.

Rhaknar

Also the concept of a Spirit of Vengeance with a sweet ride and a skull head covered in hellfire is the dumbest concept in the history of ever.

I don't think I've ever told a bigger lie.

shitting on stuff I like on the other hand, does NOT hurt me, because I dont give a fuck :p

searched AvX on MU, MU gives me 70 issues...

tumblr_m4jcnoS2og1r573sro1_500.gif

13 issues of Avengers vs X-Men, which they call the "main event"

6 issues of Avengers vs X-men: Versus, whatever that is

50 issues of various tie ins...

this website lists even more, 75. At least it has the order to read them in

Drayco21

searched AvX on MU, MU gives me 70 issues...

Don't do this to yourself.

You don't need AvX in your life.

Most of the tie-ins are even worse than the main book, but at least Gillen's Uncanny at the time was really fun if you can get past Land's art.

Rhaknar

I must do this! You cant stop me

Avengers X-Sanction #1 lets do this baby!

...>_>

edit: Im sure that you youngsters and experts are fine with it, but for a old man like me that has been away from comics for years, seeing Spiderman and Wolverine in the Avengers still breaks my brain

Zombine

Banned
I just found out today that I have two more weeks until I start working a day job again. Might as well catch up on my comic and gaming back catalogue.

Rhaknar

I didnt know Hope was Cable's daughter. He seems pissed at the Avengers for...something. Guess I should have read Messiash Complex >_>

Read AvX. I hear there is a book club happening for it.

I wanted there to be a book club I could take part in, but not like this. Not like this.

Snagged Spider-Verse and Axis hardcovers for £17 each on Amazon UK thanks to a glitch. Looking forward to the Spider-Verse one, and at least Axis will look nice next to the Uncanny Avengers omnibus.

Rhaknar

Hope: "Sometimes I think how your parents sent you to the future to save you, just like me"
Cable: "theres a difference...Ill never leave you"

Dat ice cold ether for Cyclops, damn Cable. So many daddy issues in Marvel :p

Our plastic expert Freeza botched spoiler tags at a crucial time in reading in all of our lives, so now whenever anyone fucks up their tags you pulled a freeza.

Speaking of which, I broke down yesterday and ordered Freddy-chan and Jason-chan.

Supposedly, Kotobukiya wants to expand this series. I would totally be down for Pinhead-chan.

Not even going to touch that. It's late, I'm grumpy already and I can't drink any more coffee today or I won't sleep.

I did enjoy how Kamen Rider is somehow less impenetrable than superhero comics though. Fucking Kamen Rider, of all things. It's not like that hasn't been running for 44 years with a new cast and power sets every year or anything.

Top Bottom