• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Lombaszko

I missed adding Nameless #1 to my DCBS order last month for some reason! Boo, now I have to go into a real shop or order from Amazon.
I'm still kind of new to DCBS but it was nice they sent me a reminder email to submit my order before the cut-off date.

E the Shaggy

Random X-Men question, was Wolverine's X-Force team ever made public knowledge? I know Captain America found out but I always felt serious shit would go down if the general public had discovered the X-Men had a "hit squad".

Mindwipe

Not to mention that there is a point where if you're a human being and don't live by yourself, that paper and storing all those books you might re-read once every 10 years just isn't worth it.

I think it's some weird mindset that us fans/collectors have. You have to consume and collect to be "the biggest fan" or show nobody that you "really love that one character."

Yup, that's a big part of it too. I've gone overwhelmingly digital, because I own the biggest house I'm gonna be able to afford for some time and it already has as many books in it as will fit (my wife has a book problem, and I've got to lead by example :) ).

Actually when everyone was doing their write-ups of 2014 (I never got round to mine) point 1 was going to be that the comics industry had slit it's own throat over the past twelve months, because I can't understand why I would buy issues for £2.49 when I have more electronic trades than I can actually get round to reading at £2.99 ish each. If that.

I missed adding Nameless #1 to my DCBS order last month for some reason! Boo, now I have to go into a real shop or order from Amazon.
I'm still kind of new to DCBS but it was nice they sent me a reminder email to submit my order before the cut-off date.
Ask them to add it. They will do it.

First of the year early monday list.

Action Comics #38
Aquaman And The Others #9
Batman Eternal #40
Detective Comics #38
Earth 2 #30
Earth 2 World's End #14
Green Lantern #38
Justice League 3000 #13
Lobo #4
New 52 Futures End #36
Swamp Thing #38

Death Of Wolverine The Weapon X Program #5
Wolverines #1

whaaaaaat the heck?!?! does any1 read Doctor Spektor by Mark Waid?

I read thru the first 4 issues and thought about 2 things:

1. that's it? The series actually ends at issue 4... I wonder why it canceled, especially since the final issue took like 3 months to come out after the previous one...even an artist switch midway thru, I bet there's a lot of things going behind the scenes...

2. and none of the story made any sense!!! the issues are so disjointed from one another, and even within them nothing makes any sense... I seriously had to reread some pages to try to understand things but it's just so random!

I donno... I wanted to enjoy this comic for some reason but I really couldnt...
Yes! I have no idea what happened to it or why it fell off the face of the Earth. You're exactly right, this comic was written through a game of telephone, nothing was connected. I don't know why they would let this clown Mark Waid launch the Gold Key universe. I have not read a single explanation of what happened.....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was about to ask if anyone knew when MU updates and it's updated so I guess on Mondays :p

Magneto #6 being up reminded me to add that series to my queue

CBTech

I swear every time I see the
1nZuuPz.gif
AXIS
1nZuuPz.gif
logo I read it as
1nZuuPz.gif
SIXIS
1nZuuPz.gif
. Maybe it is intentional and I just don't understand the significance since I don't read it, but I'm getting tired of double taking when I read it.

Zombine

Banned
I swear every time I see the
1nZuuPz.gif
AXIS
1nZuuPz.gif
logo I read it as
1nZuuPz.gif
SIXIS
1nZuuPz.gif
. Maybe it is intentional and I just don't understand the significance since I don't read it, but I'm getting tired of double taking when I read it.

I think we called it that from the start. Lol.

The best part about that event was the Midtown exclusive cover for #1

Cade

I've looked at my physical backlog and

1. hellboy library edition #1 i already read hellboy but not like this
  2. the marvels project
  3. batman no man's land volume 1, read this from the library but wanna reread. best event
  4. half of bone
  5. half of the trigun second manga omnibus volume one thing it's not comics shut up
  6. some random secret wars tie-in shit i threw in on an order for free shipping or something
  7. trinity
  8. captain america dimension z both volumes, i read em on marvel unl. but i wanna reread em in glorious print
  9. uncanny avengers v1 same deal
agh god a lot of rereading and reading and i'm pretty sure i missed a couple books. yikes. no desire to read

That's nothing Cade, my backlog is at least three times as bad without including digital books. With those? I'd rather not talk about it...

Zombine

Banned
If I cant surf GAF at work I might just go crazy

Be smart bro, go mobile. All these people browsing GAF physically on work computers are asking for trouble. At my last job I would go dark for a few hours because I was constantly dealing with clients, but it was always way easier to just pick up my phone quick to check out the latest crap in the OT. Don't be one of those scrubs browsing for shoes and shit on works network. It can be used against you so fast it hurts.

Edit: Didnt know you already started, thought this was future tense. Still, keep off your desktop and stay on your phone.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Shit, now I have to pay taxes when I buy Comics from Marvels Digitalstore :(

No more taking advantage of good exchange rates...

How is Batman 66? Are the trades worth getting?

It starts off interesting and then gets REALLY boring and repetitive. I dropped it some where around the 20s or 30s I think (of the digital issues). It really felt like they were just doing the same story again and again to me.

Be smart bro, go mobile. All these people browsing GAF physically on work computers are asking for trouble. At my last job I would go dark for a few hours because I was constantly dealing with clients, but it was always way easier to just pick up my phone quick to check out the latest crap in the OT. Don't be one of those scrubs browsing for shoes and shit on works network. It can be used against you so fast it hurts.

Edit: Didnt know you already started, thought this was future tense. Still, keep off your desktop and stay on your phone.

naaaaah, the last thing my boss wants to do is catch us on damn phones. Real strict about that shit. Plus the signal SUCKS in here. Like X-Men 100th Anniversary level shit.

Got my own private office with the back of monitor pointing towards the door, so I can minimize anything before anybody walks in.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Our boss is very ok with us surfing at the work. We have currently almost nothing to do (I recive 3,4 tickets per week, I really "work" for about 5 hours a week) since June. This will change after my vacation, but in the last months there were really not much to do.

We are allowed to play games on our handhelds, read books and watch movies when we bring our own notebooks to work.

When my boss comes in a room where currently a movie is watched, he even sits down and watches with us :D

Boogiepop

Okay guys, talk to me. How good are we talking with Hickman Fantastic Four? Trying to decide if I should let myself be crazy or not on this. Also, what's the quality like on the omnibuses?

Okay guys, talk to me. How good are we talking with Hickman Fantastic Four? Trying to decide if I should let myself be crazy or not on this. Also, what's the quality like on the omnibuses?

The series is great.

The omnibuses - Good binding. Mediocre to poor paper quality. Not worth the $150+ you will now have to spend.

Ordered a handful of trades from Instocktrades on Dec. 30th, they still haven't all been picked/scanned. Is this par for the course with the holidays?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The series is great.

The omnibuses - Good binding. Mediocre to poor paper quality.

This reminds me, that I should start picking up Hickmanns FF Omnibusses soon... I think they will be collected as Complete Collections soon, but since the Incursion seems to kind of starting there and I want to buy Hickmanns Avengers Runs as OHCs, going Omnbus is a must-have.

Top Bottom