• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Bloodember

Congrats on the new socks. Why do you leave your stuff on the ground?

Haha, I don't just took the picture with them there.

Holiday Harley!

I've been meaning to pick up Kabuki from that Femme Fatales line.

yeah, I want to get Kabuki as well, Dark Chylde dropped to $25.49 on Amazon.com so I had to grab her.

Nice haul. :D

Lemme know how the paintjob is on that Darkchylde figure. I have the Atom Even from that line, and her hair is kind of a mess. They put down the base, but didn't paint completely over it and it shows through in too many spots. I know you're not going to get amazing quality at that price-point, but still.

The paint job looks good, but her face is hideous.

Do you think he knows his books are in reverse order?
He's gonna be awfully confused starting with volume 8...

What, you mean I don't start at vol. 8?

tim1138

Pre-MTMTE IDW Transformers can be read backwards like Pax Americana. This time, the truck turns into the robot.

giphy.gif

Fintan

What are everyone's favourite stories involving Daredevil and Spider-Man? I enjoy the interaction between their Ultimate versions but I can't say I've read many stories with the both of them in 616.

Boogiepop

Do you think he knows his books are in reverse order?
He's gonna be awfully confused starting with volume 8...
My shelves are a mess from overcrowding anyway, but be it from too much reading manga or what I actually just kind of mix and match left to right and right to left for series. It's weird, though it's usually consistent on a shelf by shelf basis, for whatever reason I just freely mix them around otherwise without thinking about it.
I added the Schism books to the queue (its only 5 or 6 I believe), and will read them tonight at work actually, before I continue AvX. but not the tie ins because MU doesnt consider it a event for some reason so it doesnt have it all nicely packed together in one page

I have no idea if just the main Schism books are enough. I also want to read Uncanny X-Men #1 (2011) to...err...whatever it was when AvX happened, 10 I think, so see more of this namor and mags team

I also want to read this Wolverine and the X-Men, because it looks/sounds dope
Wolverine and the X-men is amazing at the beginning and end and then kind of droops as it approaches the middle till you reach that one really terrible arc. Still a great run as a whole though.

Also, while I'm thinking of it: the X-men tie-in for Fear Itself is great. I've heard the rest of the event is garbage but you absolutely don't need it to enjoy what's presented there.

Drayco21

What are everyone's favourite stories involving Daredevil and Spider-Man? I enjoy the interaction between their Ultimate versions but I can't say I've read many stories with the both of them in 616.

The Death of Jean DeWolff has some really great classic Spidey-DD bro moments.

PsychBat!

Banned
Socks are important to me, because I always lose them in the dryer and I complain every time at my decreasing stockpile of socks.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Regarding the socks conversation, I pretty much only wear wool socks nowadays. Once you go wool socks, you can't go back. Unless it's hot out. But for real, wool socks are amazing. It's like the first time you wear a pair of cotton socks, but every time.

Also, COMICS! |OT| February 2015. Socks.

Where has Kipp been, anyways? I feel like he might be plotting how to get Absolute Batman Inc for free, and he's consumed by the notion that he has to spend almost $70 on a book.

It's been a combination of the fact that since I've only been reading Strangers in Paradise, I don't really have anything to talk about, and the fact that I got a lot more hours at work than normal over the holidays so have been busier. Today was pretty much the last day of working a lot though, so I might be back to normal levels of posting now.

Oh he'll probably just buy it off eBay and then file a dispute claiming he got mailed a brick. #KippAbsoluteProcurementMethod

Hahaha

...That's not a bad idea

Real talk though, the second IST updates, my order is gonna be made. Since I haven't been reading as many comics lately and still have a ton in my backlog, a lot of new releases on IST have just been wishlisted to be purchased whenever I start blasting through my comics again (and when I figure out what my money situation looks like if/when I buy a house in the next couple months), but Absolute Batman Inc. is one book that will not get wishlisted. I've been waiting too long for that not to order it the second I can.

I bought my first ever ongoing series today. I blame you ComicsGAF. You all are enablers. I also blame Kipp for it being -20C outside.

It was too hot out, so I turned up the AC. Sorry.
But seriously, it was 80 degrees here today. In January. That's outrageous. This is why I'm trying to move.

Zombine

Banned
That blows. When my socks get holes in them I toss them. I always keep a bag of new socks in my dresser.

Socks socks socks.

I do too and they always get fucked up. Like, my girlfriend wears these thigh high socks and they never fall down or move, but I explicitly have to wear ankle socks or they flop down and eventually fall off. I have big feet too. I'm a 13 wide.

injinji-rainbow-toe-socks.jpg

Look at those beauty's.

Is this XI Generation book drawn by Sejic this week a new series or is it a sequel to something else?

My GF has socks like that but thigh high.

Messi

I do too and they always get fucked up. Like, my girlfriend wears these thigh high socks and they never fall down or move, but I explicitly have to wear ankle socks or they flop down and eventually fall off. I have big feet too. I'm a 13 wide.

My GF has socks like that but thigh high.

I am a 15 wide. Beat that shit.

Seems like it's a crossover between Aphrodite, Cyber-Force and Artifacts.

Oh. Damn. I thought I'd be able to get something new from him :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Schism #1-5 (and Generation Hope 10-11 since its a part of it):

I liked the idea, and the implications since I want to read both WATXM and the marvel now uncanny, but the execution was...lacking. A bunch of kids as villains AND they take out the X-Men like it's nothing (and we'really talking about heavy hitters like Magneto, Namor, Emma and Colossus) just so there would be a excuse for Scott to put the kids in danger? Meh

And I'm not even sure who was right, which I guess is good? Logan has a point with wanting to keep the kids safe, and nnot being down with Cyke's increasingly militarized methods, but come on, the x-men always had teenagers as members and in danger, hell the x-men themselves were all teens when they started and they were fighting Magneto and sentinels too. Now, if the deeper question is should the x-men ever allow teens in the team at all, then the awnser is fuck no, but then again you can't really say to mutants "stay in school kids". It's actually quite interesting when you think about it, I'll give them credit for that.

I'm glad I read it, I was saying that AvX seemed like it was a good jumping on point because it spawns a bunch of #1s but Schism does the same, just sooner, and I can go into AvX better prepared

Edit: Namor on the x-men does nothing for me

Messi

I can't get over how quickly Rhaknar reads his books. My goodness. He would finish Strangers in paradise in 2 evenings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't get over how quickly Rhaknar reads his books. My goodness. He would finish Strangers in paradise in 2 evenings.

Well Schism 1-5, the 2 Gen Hope issues and x-men regeneration took me about 2 hours. So about 15mins per issue, that's longer than usual :p

I forgot to say, lol at Cyke for crying to Storm to stay and basically saying "storm look who I have left, Namor, Emma, Mags, I'm looking like a fucking dirtbag here"

Zombine

Banned
cost accountant for a small but successful firm. It sucks right now, training and making hella mistakes, but I'm learning a lot, pays well, and its real close to where I live.

That sounds like fun though:

"Shit, this costs a lot."

"For real?"

"yup."

"Jace, you just saved the God damn company. Thank you son. Becky, we have got to stop ordering all of these company branded socks."

Rhaknar

Also I'm not sure how I feel about them using characters from Morrison's run (in this case Quentin)... which is silly but it feels weird. I felt the same on Astonishing when they used Cassandra. I can't explain it

Messi

How many pairs of socks do you guys own? I have a whole drawer. I should probably throw out some of the older stuff. Nothing like putting on a new pair of socks.

Zombine

Banned
Y'all are just some slow ass readers.

I just read like 4 books.

For real though, I speed read. I make Berserk my bitch on a regular basis and can go through like 4 volumes in a couple of hours.

How many pairs of socks do you guys own? I have a whole drawer. I should probably throw out some of the older stuff. Nothing like putting on a new pair of socks.

I have a lot of socks. I just wear those basic Hanes white ones with the grey tops. Mrs Zombine has all this fancy shit though. I like her Groot socks and her sons of anarchy ones a lot. And the dark ones with the stars are cool. Dude don't get cool socks.

Edit: well, the Groot socks are technically mine, but when I opened my loot crate they got claimed.

Also I'm not sure how I feel about them using characters from Morrison's run (in this case Quentin)... which is silly but it feels weird. I felt the same on Astonishing when they used Cassandra. I can't explain it

the Cassandra thing in Astonishing is extra dumb because they all but said out loud in Here Comes Tomorrow that Nova was Ernst. "Of course you can still call me Ernst, dear."

But the third story acts like she's still in that green slime mold from the end of Imperial. Some X-editors should have told Whedon something lol

For real though, I speed read. I make Berserk my bitch on a regular basis and can go through like 4 volumes in a couple of hours.

Berserk doesn't have all that much text, though. You're supposed to take in the artwork. Miura doesn't slave away to fill up every bit of a panel so muthafuckas can look at it for 2 seconds before moving onto the next. You obviously don't know how to truly appreciate master manga artists. Perhaps Naruto would be more your speed. :D

Boogiepop

Speaking of reading stuff, being sick has somehow pushed me into binge-read mode for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for some reason. I've been knocking out like a bunkoban (plus sized volume that's somewhere between 1.5-2 volumes worth) a day, which is a good bit considering it's in Japanese. I'm getting near the end of part 5 now so I'm worried I may actually enter full binge mode to finish off the arc soon. I don't know why, I've just kind of turned to doing that.

Also, the flu suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Zombine

Banned
Berserk doesn't have all that much text, though. You're supposed to take in the artwork. Miura doesn't slave away to fill up every bit of a panel so muthafuckas can look at it for 2 seconds before moving onto the next. You obviously don't know how to truly appreciate master manga artists. Perhaps Naruto would be more your speed. :D

king-curtis-o.gif

Rhaknar

My current queue (or library as MU calls it) if anyone cares:

Uncanny X-Force #9-20 (these are the 12 offline issues I have loaded)
Doop #2
Magneto #1
Moon Knight #1
Immortal Iron Fist #1
Uncanny X-men #1 (2011 after schism)
Wolverine & the X-Men #1
X-Men Legacy #1 (2012 not sure what this is but it has a funky cover with Legion)
Amazing X-men #1
Uncanny X-men #1 (2013 Marvel Now)
Uncanny Avengers #1
She Hulk #1 (2004 I love She Hulk, must consume all)
X-statix #1 (but I need to finish x-force first which leads us to...)
X-Force #120-onward (the rest of the x-statix prequel)
Daredevil #5 (Mark Waid run)

Actually did I comment on DD 1-4? In short, it's great, I love the "I'm not DD" angle, I love the lawyer lady, I love the art, I love the down to earth-ness of it, it's what I wish Spiderman was like more often (I felt the same about the latest She Hulk run)

naaaaah, the last thing my boss wants to do is catch us on damn phones. Real strict about that shit. Plus the signal SUCKS in here. Like X-Men 100th Anniversary level shit.

Got my own private office with the back of monitor pointing towards the door, so I can minimize anything before anybody walks in.

I hate this kind of attitude from bosses. If the work is getting done, on time, and right, what the fuck should they care.

Where I'm at right now is like that and I'm really close to leaving because of it. I produce the second highest amount of frames at the job I'm currently at, and my quality is leagues higher than everyone except 1 person who's on the same level as me. Since I sit near the boss and he can see my monitors 50 times a day I get written up for having the internet up. Meanwhile if you walk around the fucking office every other monitor is netflix or amazon instant video, and most of those fuckers are slow as shit at getting things done.

I hate this kind of attitude from bosses. If the work is getting done, on time, and right, what the fuck should they care.

Where I'm at right now is like that and I'm really close to leaving because of it. I produce the second highest amount of frames at the job I'm currently at, and my quality is leagues higher than everyone except 1 person who's on the same level as me. Since I sit near the boss and he can see my monitors 50 times a day I get written up for having the internet up. Meanwhile if you walk around the fucking office every other monitor is netflix or amazon instant video, and most of those fuckers are slow as shit at getting things done.

frames?

are you the one keeping games from being 60 frames per second

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah, I don't know what time I started during the evening but I do know I finished reading it at 2 in the morning. I cried a little at the end. Yorick deserved better after so much shit.

Top Bottom