• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Zombine

Banned
Is it too much to ask for a Spiderman in the same vein as Daredevil or Hawkeye that doesn't focus on some bullshit?

No, I don't want Waid to write it because he writes him like some 50 year old from Astoria, but something...human.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, heres my final bet: 616-Peter gets sucked in Battleworld and another Spider-Man takes over for him on Earth 616.

I have no idea if this fits with the current events of New Avengers or Avengers, but I think this is the most likeliest.

Fintan

Is it too much to ask for a Spiderman in the same vein as Daredevil of Hawkeye that doesn't focus on some bullshit?

No, I don't want Waid to write it because he writes him like some 50 year old from Astoria, but something...human.
I get what you mean. I think this Spider-Verse story is okay but it's far from my favourite Spider-Man mode. Street-level, non-multiversal Spidey is better, I think. So far a lot of the story has amounted to a bunch of Spider people standing around interrupted by occasional fights. It's all a bit messy, IMO. The story hasn't done an artist like Coipel justice, I'm hoping it picks up soon.

Spider Gwen is the new 616 Spider-Man. Peter erased from existence.

Marvel announces Spider Gwen will be joining the cast of Avengers 3.

Tumblr rejoices.

/prophecy

Zombine

Banned
I get what you mean. I think this Spider-Verse story is okay but it's far from my favourite Spider-Man mode. Street-level, non-multiversal Spidey is better, I think. So far a lot of the story has amounted to a bunch of Spider people standing around interrupted by occasional fights. It's all a bit messy, IMO. The story hasn't done an artist like Coipel justice, I'm hoping it picks up soon.

I just wish we could get an issue of him messing around in his lab or trying to find some old lady's rare dog and we find out some street gang took it and he beats them up.

Waid would be like "Why u guys stealin' dat puppy? I'm going to take you to the pound if you know what I mean. Man I could go for a cronut right about now. Smell Ya later!"

tim1138

So I've been reading Magneto on Marvel Unlimited, does he get his full range of powers back? The only Marvel stuff I'm not Marvel Unlimired waiting is Surfer, Rocket, and Captain Marvel, so I have no idea what's going on in the mutant corner of the world.

fertygo

So I've been reading Magneto on Marvel Unlimited, does he get his full range of powers back? The only Marvel stuff I'm not Marvel Unlimired waiting is Surfer, Rocket, and Captain Marvel, so I have no idea what's going on in the mutant corner of the world.

Err if you reading it you should know, Magneto goes street-level in that book, even though he still can deal enough damage to scare authority.

E the Shaggy

Not really. Due to Phoenix/
Dark Beast
shennanigans, Mags powers are still a quarter of what they used to be.

This doesn't stop him from being badass, just on a much smaller scale. His series is rad as hell.

E the Shaggy

Could be... Ben Reilly is back. Properly. Peter finds out he was married to MJ. Or 616 Gwen is back from the dead.

I'm leaning toward something MJ/Marriage related, considering the "Renew Your Vows" drop a few months back.

Never thought they'd pull the trigger on him finding out about the Mephisto deal, but kudos if they do.

I just need to know if Namor and Aunt May are still dating.

d2f2ab9590e5a2610cecf5dd88b8d2e5.jpg

Mindwipe

I'm leaning toward something MJ/Marriage related, considering the "Renew Your Vows" drop a few months back.

Never thought they'd pull the trigger on him finding out about the Mephisto deal, but kudos if they do.

Well, I knew they would one day, but I thought it would be at the behest of the next generation of editorial staff rather than the people responsible.

Sort of like Earth 2 Superman "never coming back" from COIE until the kids upset about it became the heads of editorial...

tim1138

Err if you reading it you should know, Magneto goes street-level in that book, even though he still can deal enough damage to scare authority.

Not really. Due to Phoenix/
Dark Beast
shennanigans, Mags powers are still a quarter of what they used to be.

This doesn't stop him from being badass, just on a much smaller scale. His series is rad as hell.

I'm enjoying street level Mags for sure, just didn't know if they ever unborked his, Cyke, and Emma's powers after the AvsX stuff.

arkon

what the shit

now i'm torn if i wanna buy it

yup to all this. He gives the best interviews, too

Tell me this isn't super dope though

http://thisisinfamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/3i8pOJgUcSmBvfE_7-CBrPXPdsZnu_-A0d_iTGrWoA8SvWh0XraFR7uoWAEnMTjEuAs2000-1024x663.jpg[IMG]

[/QUOTE]

It isn't.

Nothing against the guy personally. He's just one of those artists whose work I avoid altogether unless there's exceptional circumstances. See also Greg Land. Not something I'm willing to pay for. I enjoyed things which involve his creations but I'm not sure that's down to anything attributable to him e.g. recent Prophet series might as well be creator owned.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I keep buying comics but no matter how many I get all I can think about is 100 bullets. What's the best way to get the complete set of this thing? I want those 5 deluxe hardcovers but they are so damn expensive and hard to find here in Canada. I see that they are coming out as tp but only the first one is out for now. Should I just wait and get those?

Cheska

I keep buying comics but no matter how many I get all I can think about is 100 bullets. What's the best way to get the complete set of this thing? I want those 5 deluxe hardcovers but they are so damn expensive and hard to find here in Canada. I see that they are coming out as tp but only the first one is out for now. Should I just wait and get those?
Does instocktrades not ship to Canada? What about Amazon?

MikeDip

Does instocktrades not ship to Canada? What about Amazon?

I've checked but for some reason certain books aren't in stock. Amazon doesn't have a bunch, and IST doesn't have volume 2 of the hardcover. Volume 2 seems to be missing everywhere, no idea why :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I've checked but for some reason certain books aren't in stock. Amazon doesn't have a bunch, and IST doesn't have volume 2 of the hardcover. Volume 2 seems to be missing everywhere, no idea why :(

Ah. Just checked on Amazon. It looks like 100 Bullets vol 2 is one of those unfortunate occurrences where one of the set of hardcovers gets way underproduced compared to the rest. Same thing has happened with one of the Preacher hardcovers (though it's back in print now), one of the Punisher MAX hardcovers, and I'm sure some other books as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah I dont give 2 fucks about Spider Man (which makes me sad) so Im going to have to know what that spoiler is pls

MikeDip

Ah. Just checked on Amazon. It looks like 100 Bullets vol 2 is one of those unfortunate occurrences where one of the set of hardcovers gets way underproduced compared to the rest. Same thing has happened with one of the Preacher hardcovers (though it's back in print now), one of the Punisher MAX hardcovers, and I'm sure some other books as well.

Yeah it sucks, I've been checking amazon/indigo/kijiji/craigslist/local shops for comics lately and got almost everything I want - except 100 bullets.
Really thinking of just getting the tp of the hardcovers that are coming out but I don't like waiting and they only put one out so far, gonna be waiting forever.

Fawoosh

Banned
I just read Blacksad: Amarillo last night. It wasn't bad, but it's the weakest one yet. The artwork is still incredible and filled with stand out characters, but this time there's no mystery being steadily unraveled. Less Detective Noir and more road trip across America's Southwest.

Legion of Super-Heroes Archive Volume 8: The Thread. 6x retail price? Please understand. There is no need to be upset.

I keep forgetting about it because its only three issues in, and it's too good to not get canceled.

Nova is the second best Cosmic Marvel book right now.

That's like being voted the second nicest guy in prison.

Cool, I eagerly await the collapse of the internet.

Every Spider-man except 60's Cartoon Spidey dies. 60's Cartoon Spidey takes over in 616, sales of Amazing Spider-Man quadruple.

Don't make me turn this thread into a Spider-Man thread. I'll do it.

Spider Gwen is the new 616 Spider-Man. Peter erased from existence.

Marvel announces Spider Gwen will be joining the cast of Avengers 3.

Tumblr rejoices.

/prophecy

I would be 100% okay with this, as long as Emma Stone still plays Gwen in the movie.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
yeah I dont give 2 fucks about Spider Man (which makes me sad) so Im going to have to know what that spoiler is pls

But why do you need to know the spoiler if you don't give two fucks? I put it to you that you do in fact give at least one single fuck about Spider-Man or you wouldn't care at all about it.

At the rate I get round to reading comics these days I will be avoiding the internet for days :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But why do you need to know the spoiler if you don't give two fucks? I put it to you that you do in fact give at least one single fuck about Spider-Man or you wouldn't care at all about it.

At the rate I get round to reading comics these days I will be avoiding the internet for days :(

youre right, I do give a fuck to at least know, in the sense that I have no interest in reading it so I want to know what batshit crazy thing they will come up now, is that so weird?

I didnt read comics for years but I still followed what was going on more or less

Zombine

Banned
I just read Blacksad: Amarillo last night. It wasn't bad, but it's the weakest one yet. The artwork is still incredible and filled with stand out characters, but this time there's no mystery being steadily unraveled. Less Detective Noir and more road trip across America's Southwest.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for that dickhead's amazing art it would have been considered average shit at best.

The books are getting thinner, and the stories are getting weaker.

Fawoosh

Banned
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for that dickhead's amazing art it would have been considered average shit at best.

The books are getting thinner, and the stories are getting weaker.

I don't know, I really enjoyed the last two books. I understand the first was larger because it was a collection of a few stories. while the second was a single story and an extended, "making of." Still, I like the general idea of, "What if classic Disney met Raymond Chandler?"

Is the artist an ass? I had no idea.

Messi

I don't know, I really enjoyed the last two books. I understand the first was larger because it was a collection of a few stories. while the second was a single story and an extended, "making of." Still, I like the general idea of, "What if classic Disney met Raymond Chandler?"

Is the artist an ass? I had no idea.

He was a dick to Zombine at a con a few months back :/

Zombine

Banned
Angry Zombine is not a nice guy :(

It soured my experience with their work so bad. I felt like Ralphie when he finally got to see Santa in A Christmas Story.

Like I mentioned too, the great people I met there like Quinones, Chiang, ect definitely made me forget about the dude, but at that time I was SO excited to have discovered this book, and we all got talking about it and how great the artist was, I admired the first and second book, then I freaking buy Amarillo early at the con and then I just got shit on.

I tried hard to deduce it to some language barrier, but Guarnido es un pendejo.*

*its also not a barrier because I could have spoken to him en español.

Messi

Anyone who ordered the Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman off Bigbadtoystore hot their order processed yet? Just curious as it is meant to be out tomorrow.

tim1138

Never change Rich, never change. Posts an article whose very headline spoils the end of Future's End, but won't post the Spidey rumor because of reasons. I guess he's afraid of Slott coming after him again.

Zombine

Banned
Anyone who ordered the Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman off Bigbadtoystore hot their order processed yet? Just curious as it is meant to be out tomorrow.

I've learned that my comic book shop gets in just about every statue on day one, and they order whatever you want for you at cost. If it comes broken or you get a shitty looking statue they'll even send it back for you and give you a new one.

Top Bottom