• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This uncanny x-force issue where Magneto asks Logan to kill some old nazi dude was probably my favorite so far and it might as well have been a Wolverine issue since X-Force wasn't even involved

Owzers

So the movie plebs gathered around for the Ant-Man trailer today.
What does anyone think?

initial reaction is that it looks bad. If it has a sense of humor it didn't show and if it's an action movie it looked boring. Maybe a bad trailer. It reminded me of the Green Lantern movie.

It looks...inoffensive? I agree that maybe it was just a bad trailer, though I did enjoy the little segment of him shrinking.

eh
turns out paul rudd and adam mckay straight up wrote it so it can't be anything but transcendent

and i was the only one ONLY ONE right about GotG before it came out so
you know
ain't never wrong

see also: Batman Eternal

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When did they retcon Age of Apocalypse to not have gone kaput when Bishop went back in time and fixed the timeline? o_O

That being said I'm digging this Dark Angel arc, and I guess the NC in x-force is going to be this one from AoA since he has the red mark and not actually the real Kurt resurrected

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wowza. Fully off topic, but crazy story. I have to tell somebody.

So anyways, I was about to post in here all excited saying I just got an email telling me I got pre-approved for a loan to buy a house.
If you remember, I was planning to move out there with my best friend.
But before I posted here I called him all excited telling him "It's actually happening!" and whatnot.

So after I get all the excitement out of my system he's like "Uuuhhh. This is awkward. So I've actually been dreading calling you..."

So he's been dating this girl for two weeks.
He goes on to tell me that today he was looking at engagement rings and he's 100% certain she's "the one." And like, he wants to ask her to marry him in the next couple weeks and they want to get married in March.

With that said, anyone want to move to Colorado? About $400/month rent?

sorry but that spiderman spoiler can't be real

that shit was already shown in the first big weaver spread with all the different spider mans

I EVEN CALLED IT OUT

i can't be right this many times i just can't

sorry but that spiderman spoiler can't be real

that shit was already shown in the first big weaver spread with all the different spider mans

I EVEN CALLED IT OUT

i can't be right this many times i just can't

remember that time you swore up and down superior spider-man was harry osborn because a chin paolo rivera drew

So anyways, I was about to post in here all excited saying I just got an email telling me I got pre-approved for a loan to buy a house.
But before I posted here I called him all excited telling him "It's actually happening!" and whatnot.

So after I get all the excitement out of my system he's like "Uuuhhh. This is awkward. So I've actually been dreading calling you..."

He goes on to tell me that today he was looking at engagement rings and he's 100% certain she's "the one." And like, he wants to ask her to marry him in the next couple weeks and they want to get married in March.

Your friend is a chump

I can't believe people buy in to the whole 'the one' thing. Toxic mentality

Boogiepop

So the movie plebs gathered around for the Ant-Man trailer today.
What does anyone think?

I didn't know it was Scott Lang Ant-Man. I legitimately know nothing about him except his name and that he was Ant-Man. Huh. Looks kinda... eh. If they weren't going to go Hank Pym for the iconic one, I kind of wish they would've just gone with Eric O'Grady and made something fun and crazy, since I'm not sure people are going to take Ant-Man seriously very easily. But yeah, short little teaser so no real judgment on it yet, and I'm sure I'll end up seeing it regardless.

frye

lmao

damn, dude did you dirty

two weeks?
remember that time you swore up and down superior spider-man was harry osborn because a chin paolo rivera drew

ahahahaha

Cheska

TWO WEEKS!? As in, 14 days? As in, people are fucking crazy nowdays.

Jesus, my SO and I were together for like 4 years before I moved in.

ayy lmao

I'd take you up on that Kipp but I just got this job I can't quit yet. I made a commitment, just like your friend made a commitment to the love of his life

TWO WEEKS /totalrecall

Is this is first relationship or something? I find that you tend to put more effort into it if you've never been in a committed relationship before. You can't possibly know someone well enough to marry them in two weeks. If he proposes, it's going to be a very short relationship, too.

Kipp

Your friend is a chump

I can't believe people buy in to the whole 'the one' thing. Toxic mentality

Half of me believes him, since he's my best friend. The other half of me is like "He just falls for girls way too hard."

My mind is so full of fuck right now. I don't even know. Everything was so sorted in my head and I was finally going to get out of this damn rut I've been in for the past two years. And then I got pre-approved for the loan and it was actually going to happen. And then boom, it's all gone.
Now what.

If anyone knows of a job for a Sociology major with over four years of retail experience, now would be the time to mention it. I'm willing to move anywhere and work any job. My future is now a blank slate.

If I end up working another year at this retail job I will simply die.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Friends,
Are there any choose your own adventure comics or graphic novels?
I need this in my life, thanks.

Kipp

Lol. Thanks for the condolences, guys. I'll take all the sympathy I can get.
And luckily I was already drinking a bit, so I had that covered.

ayy lmao

I'd take you up on that Kipp but I just got this job I can't quit yet. I made a commitment, just like your friend made a commitment to the love of his life

TWO WEEKS /totalrecall

Haha. Thanks, JC.
If you want to hook me up with a job in the office next to yours, that works too.

Is this is first relationship or something? I find that you tend to put more effort into it if you've never been in a committed relationship before. You can't possibly know someone well enough to marry them in two weeks. If he proposes, it's going to be a very short relationship, too.

He's had a handful of girlfriends before. We're going to meet up tomorrow and he's going to go in more detail, but he was telling me they're both 100% certain that they're the real deal. He's got a pretty good head on his shoulders, so I'm half-inclined to believe him, but the brain half of me is so incredibly skeptical. And slightly pissed.

kipp let's get married

I mean, shit, I've known you for like a whole year. That's practically an eternity. Let's do it.

Half of me believes him, since he's my best friend. The other half of me is like "He just falls for girls way too hard."

My mind is so full of fuck right now. I don't even know. Everything was so sorted in my head and I was finally going to get out of this damn rut I've been in for the past two years. And then I got pre-approved for the loan and it was actually going to happen. And then boom, it's all gone.
Now what.

If anyone knows of a job for a Sociology major with over four years of retail experience, now would be the time to mention it. I'm willing to move anywhere and work any job. My future is now a blank slate.

If I end up working another year at this retail job I will simply die.
If you can't make it to Colorado move here to Austin. Plenty of jobs around and its an amazing city for young cheapskates!

You wont be able to buy a home here tho

From the moment I read one of Tyrant Rave's posts, I knew he was the one. It was written in the stars.

JC, will you be our best man?

It will be my honor, friend.

If you can't make it to Colorado move here to Austin. Plenty of jobs around and its an amazing city for young cheapskates!

Austin: where the cost of living is great for everything except housing

(planning on moving there in a year, job or no job damnit)

Kipp

Austin does seem cool. Well, the only things I really know about it are SXSW and the Circuit of the Americas. So yeah, it does seem cool.
Edit: You're crazy. There are tons of great houses within 10 miles of the city that are super affordable.

Wanna be roomies?

Austin does seem cool. Well, the only things I really know about it are SXSW and the Circuit of the Americas. So yeah, it does seem cool.
Edit: You're crazy. There are tons of great houses within 10 miles of the city that are super affordable.

The cool parts of Austin are expensive. I mean, you *could* live in one of the non hip parts of Austin but then you would be missing out on what makes Austin cool. What range are you looking at?

Nice! Feel free to hit me up if you got any questions about the town. I've lived here since I was 8 and I've practically lived in every major area of the city.

Kipp

The cool parts of Austin are expensive. I mean, you *could* live in one of the non hip parts of Austin but then you would be missing out on what makes Austin cool. What range are you looking at?

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be able to afford actually living in Austin, I'm sure. But the suburbs surrounding Austin are super affordable. I wouldn't mind having to drive into Austin anyways. I'm not really a city kind of guy.

But in all honesty, Austin probably isn't the place for me. The main reason I want to move is because it's way too hot and dry and deserty in Southern California. Texas wouldn't exactly be a step up from that. Haha
Besides that though, it genuinely does seem like an awesome place and I've briefly looked into moving there in the past even with its heat and desertyness.

Kipp

ditched you for a girl he knew over 14 days

damn tho

makes you just want to snuggle up in bed and read comics all day am I right

Fooor real.
Makes me want to snuggle up in bed with a bottle of cheap rum.
I can read comics all day tomorrow though! I have the day off. Haha. And since tomorrow is a day off for Strangers in Paradise reading, I actually might read my first non-SiP comics in like a month.

That shit ain't gonna work out, you know this. Girl is gonna think he's insane if he proposes.

He implied that they'd already talked about it.

Kipp

Oh, and here's something that makes the story even a little bit better. Not even like he met her through a friend or something.
He works at Starbucks. She's sitting in the Starbucks when he's about to leave since his shift is over. She has a shirt on with some logo he recognizes or something. They talk briefly. She gives him her number and he calls her a little later and they meet up and the rest is history.
So yeah, she was just some completely random girl. Not even a mutual friend or something.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be able to afford actually living in Austin, I'm sure. But the suburbs surrounding Austin are super affordable. I wouldn't mind having to drive into Austin anyways. I'm not really a city kind of guy.

But in all honesty, Austin probably isn't the place for me. The main reason I want to move is because it's way too hot and dry and deserty in Southern California. Texas wouldn't exactly be a step up from that. Haha
Besides that though, it genuinely does seem like an awesome place and I've briefly looked into moving there in the past even with its heat and desertyness.

Thats true. It does get hot here. You know, I bet you as soon as things dont work out with your friend and his chosen one, he'll want to move out to Colorado with you. He seems like the Drake type of guy.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Do you need him to cosign stuff or can you still buy the house and then find a random roommate off kijiji?

Oh, and here's something that makes the story even a little bit better. Not even like he met her through a friend or something.
He works at Starbucks. She's sitting in the Starbucks when he's about to leave since his shift is over. She has a shirt on with some logo he recognizes or something. They talk briefly. She gives him her number and he calls her a little later and they meet up and the rest is history.
So yeah, she was just some completely random girl. Not even a mutual friend or something.

when you meet a chick randomly at your Starbucks coffee joint, you know its true love. Can't fight destiny, brehs.

Kipp

Thats true. It does get hot here. You know, I bet you as soon as things dont work out with your friend and his chosen one, he'll want to move out to Colorado with you. He seems like the Drake type of guy.

He's already said that after they get married and she finishes community college (oh yeah, forgot to mention that they're 21 and 22, which you all probably just about inferred) they'll probably be up for moving to Colorado with me. Which would solve the problem of finding a third roommate.

Do you need him to cosign stuff or can you still buy the house and then find a random roommate off kijiji?

I cosigned with my parents, so I could still buy a house. That's definitely still an option, moving up there and just grabbing two random roommates off Craigslist instead of one. It's definitely less desirable than moving up there with my best friend though. I mean, the whole reason I was going to move up there in the first place is because he was planning to move up there. And my main reason for not moving away yet is because I've kind of been waiting to move with somebody else. Moving to a new town by myself doesn't seem like a great idea for me.

damn i was expecting at least a Meet Cute

He's already said that after they get married and she finishes community college (oh yeah, forgot to mention that they're 21 and 22, which you all probably just about inferred) they'll probably be up for moving to Colorado with me. Which would solve the problem of finding a third roommate.

Oh man, this keeps getting better. Ain't no one that young knows what they want out of a relationship. I give it six months at best, though I suspect less. Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but Freeze has been around and seen some shit.

Kipp

I dunno it's sent Kipp spiraling into rediscovering 2000s pop rock

I'M IN TOO DEEP AND I'M TRYING TO KEEP ALL THE BLOOD IN MY HEAD INSTEAD OF GOIN UNDER

But for real, late 90s/early 2000s pop rock is my jam. Once I start listening to it I can't stop. Just a couple weeks ago I was listening to Counting Crows for literally a week straight. But never Simple Plan, don't worry.

when you meet a chick randomly at your Starbucks coffee joint, you know its true love. Can't fight destiny, brehs.

True that.
And my destiny, on the other hand, is to work retail and live at my parents' house for the rest of my life.

frye

this sounds like a Bad Idea

Top Bottom