• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thread shitting on kamala and Carol, I don't like this thread anymore :(

PsychBat!

Banned
"The only way to kill Doom, The Living Planet is with a Phoenix Gun!

Yep, it's pretty rad.
I smirked when
Peter just yelled at the Cosmic Cube to work and bam, it just lights up.
Thread shitting on kamala and Carol, I don't like this thread anymore :(
Hardly anyone has been talking about comic Carol ever since Kamala came in to the picture. Most Carol talk has been found in movie threads in regards to her casting.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hmmm yeah I'll do that. Haven't read vol 1 yet but i'll read it before i place the order.
psh, like i'm not gonna like it

You haven't read any Preacher yet!? Get on that, man.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

This is going to be the best book ever. Image better release some massive Artist Edition-sized hardcover of this. I want poster-sized pages of Burnham's art for this collected edition.

Gah, my first paycheck at my new job is the 26th. I should be fine though.

Worst case scenario, I'll loan you some cash. Somebody needs to make up for me killing the comics industry and who else should it be if not you?

Do you spend all of your money? You should have a savings.

But also this.

Okay, I did some research on the iZombie statue.

It looks like 1/21 is the current date. Interestingly, it was originally only moved to 1/7, but it must have been pushed back another couple weeks.

Another thing I noticed looking through the archive of shipping updates in Diamond's archive - the Cliff Chiang Art of War Wonder Woman statue WAS originally scheduled for a 2/25 release, but was moved up to 12/24 before being delayed to 1/7. Seeing as I was charged for it today, the 1/7 date is confirmed.

Boogiepop

So did you buy this in Japanese or English?

Speaking of Manga, I've been reading something called Oishinbo that seems to have run for 111+ (!) volumes in Japan. Goes into crazy detail about a lot of Japanese food. Makes me very hungry after reading it.

I wonder why no one in comics has ever tried to do something in a more Manga staple genre like food or sports. Or maybe they have, and I don't know about it.

All in Japanese. I've made it a daily habit to read through at least some manga in Japanese each day, both to keep my skills up and because it's awesome to read a ton of stuff that hasn't had an official US release.

And yeah, I was actually recently thinking about food manga and how crazy it is that there's pretty much no equivalent in the US market while it's huge in Japan. Heck, we didn't even start getting pretty much any of it localized for the US until real lately with stuff like Food Wars popping up. (I actually haven't read any Oishinbo yet, but I've been reading through What Did You Eat Yesterday? which adds in the extra wrinkles of being a slice of life type thing with 2 middle aged gay guys.)

Zombine

Banned
Do you spend all of your money? You should have a savings.

I do, but when I stop making money I become a Kipp. It freaks me out. I have more than enough money saved lol, I just start to micromanage every aspect of my account to keep x amount of dollars in there. If I go below x, I get mad.

Edit: Lol Kipp thank you. I'm doing fine I'm just being stingy.

I smirked when
Peter just yelled at the Cosmic Cube to work and bam, it just lights up.

Hardly anyone has been talking about comic Carol ever since Kamala came in to the picture. Most Carol talk has been found in movie threads in regards to her casting.

honestly forgot Carol even HAD a book

Kipp

I do, but when I stop making money I become a Kipp. It freaks me out. I have more than enough money saved lol, I just start to micromanage every aspect of my account to keep x amount of dollars in there. If I go below x, I get mad.

Edit: Lol Kipp thank you. I'm doing fine I'm just being stingy.

I feel you.
I'll never understand how my mind comprehends money. There are so many bizarre decisions I make when it comes to money, but they all just seem so obvious to my subconscious mind. But the outcome is a pretty large amount saved, so I can't really complain.

But yeah, no problem. Haha

Finally got around to catching up on Justice League, I'm a little disappointed with which characters are getting focused the last 8 or so issues. Like 2/3rds the team is now incapacitated and it's been mainly Bruce/Lex with some superman and even less diana. I don't buy Justice League for another bat book, I do it for variety and team dynamic. Hell at some points I wish the trinity weren't on the team or we had another JSA book. So far Earth 2 is magnitudes more interesting.

Finally got around to catching up on Justice League, I'm a little disappointed with which characters are getting focused the last 8 or so issues. Like 2/3rds the team is now incapacitated and it's been mainly Bruce/Lex with some superman and even less diana. I don't buy Justice League for another bat book, I do it for variety and team dynamic. Hell at some points I wish the trinity weren't on the team or we had another JSA book. So far Earth 2 is magnitudes more interesting.
As much as I'm liking the recent issues, I wish they focused more on the characters exclusive to this book. (Captain Cold and Shazam mostly, but it might just be me)

Absolute Editions are a weakness of mine but I can skip Batman Inc for now. What little I have read of Morrison's Batman, I haven't enjoyed very much.

I will definitely be in for Absolute Authority 1 and Absolute Kingdom Come if they ever reprint those.

Owzers

Started Evil Within, i wonder how many people started this game and gave up. Between the narrow field of view, incredibly sluggish controls, and iffy framerate, it seems like half the terror is just physically playing the game.

Drayco21

I really didn't like KSD's first Captain Marvel series, and haven't touched the second one yet. I feel like I'd like Kamala more if I couldn't stand looking at the art in the book- I'd much rather read the ongoing in the style of the crossover with Wolverine.

Started Evil Within, i wonder how many people started this game and gave up. Between the narrow field of view, incredibly sluggish controls, and iffy framerate, it seems like half the terror is just physically playing the game.

one of the worst chapter 1s in video game history

its a good game if you get used to the jank, and it chapter 1 is the nadir

I'm sure you'll hate it tho lmao

As much as I'm liking the recent issues, I wish they focused more on the characters exclusive to this book. (Captain Cold and Shazam mostly, but it might just be me)

Exactly. It wouldn't bother me so much if some of the JL exclusive chars like Shazam & Cyborg had ongoings but it really seems like we won't have anything but bat/lex until post convergence. Really bums me out because I thought trinity war and forever evil were great in how they shared panels between characters.

That being said, Thunderworld was excellent and I might start picking up World's End :p.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Has Kamala even met any known heroes in her book yet? I only read up to #5

Kipp

Damnit, Batman Inc AND Casanova today! I really should wait, but I want these both so bad ._.

Casanova isn't a deal of the week, it's just the standard 42% off, so that's easy to skip for now. You can pick it up whatever week and pay the exact same price.
Absolute Batman Inc though, you need to get that now. And this is Kipp telling you that.

headshot95

Neo Member
I'm interested in the Absolute Batman Inc. book but what exactly makes it an "absolute" edition? And why are the absolute versions so expensive?

Zombine

Banned
SPOILERS:
Wolverine and Spider-Man.

Shit. Didn't read that right. In her own book?
Just Wolverine.

You're missing someone very important.

ms-marvel-8-kamala-lockjaw-teleport.png

Casanova isn't a deal of the week, it's just the standard 42% off, so that's easy to skip for now. You can pick it up whatever week and pay the exact same price.

I bought it anyway. Gotta prime that extra 2% for next week. The first Avengers "Time Runs Out" hardcover is coming out, with what I assume will also be American Vampire Vol. 7 and the new Stray Bullets tpb, neither of which made their release this week.

Cheska

Cheska would buy them.

.. Wait... What

I know, right!? I'm trying to be more conscientious about my spending. That, and beating more games out of my backlog were my New Years Resolution.
Absolute Batman Inc though, you need to get that now. And this is Kipp telling you that.
Oh boy, even Kipp is telling me to buy this :O

Rhaknar

What are these little nightcrawlers all over the place in WATXM? I can deal with all the kids I don't know but these little night crawlers are driving me nuts not understanding what they are

What are these little nightcrawlers all over the place in WATXM? I can deal with all the kids I don't know but these little night crawlers are driving me nuts not understanding what they are
They get explained eventually in Amazing X-Men, but that happens after the first volume of WATXM

Rhaknar

They get explained eventually in Amazing X-Men, but that happens after the first volume of WATXM

Hmm guess I need to read Amazing. Also, this kid in issue #3 is the Apocalypse kid from uncanny x-force first arc, I thought Fantomex blew his brains out. Guess I should go read more UXF >_>

PsychBat!

Banned
Because Fox owns X-Men film rights indefinitely.

This is the one that doesn't bother me. Fox has built an interesting world with their films, and have had 3 winners in a row.
I understand that, it's just that Marvel wants EVERYONE to become interested in the Inhumans all of a sudden. It's getting annoying.

Who in the hell would hate on Ms. Marvel?

Literally the best female ongoing at Marvel
+1

Top Bottom