• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
damn i was expecting at least a Meet Cute

Haha

Oh man, this keeps getting better. Ain't no one that young knows what they want out of a relationship. I give it six months at best, though I suspect less. Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but Freeze has been around and seen some shit.

Oh, you can be a Negative Nancy all you'd like. I'm right there with you.

True that.
And my destiny, on the other hand, is to work retail and live at my parents' house for the rest of my life.

ok that sounds sad until you factor in how many comics you could read in the comfort of your own (parents) home on your days off

Clinton in 2016 swears the turn the economy around for Sociology majors with 5+ years of retail experience

this sounds like a Bad Idea

or a sitcom

Kipp

ok that sounds sad until you factor in how many comics you could read in the comfort of your own (parents) home on your days off

Clinton in 2016 swears the turn the economy around for Sociology majors with 5+ years of retail experience

That's a valid point. And it is a fact that I console myself with when I think about my current situation.

JEB BUSH 2016. LONG LIVE BUSH.

this sounds like a Bad Idea

Yes. Yes it does.

Kipp

Rent-free? If yes, I say take it.

Yep. For now it's not a bad situation. It's just this combination of having to pay no rent and working a dead-end, soul-crushing job causes me to get complacent and that's no good.
It has worked out well though. I've been able to save up all the meager income I do get.

Also, on a completely different topic, pretty sure I just heard gunshots outside. Huh. Night keeps getting better.

I mean, shit, I've known you for like a whole year. That's practically an eternity. Let's do it.

From the moment I read one of Tyrant Rave's posts, I knew he was the one. It was written in the stars.

7KNDuqb.png

Kipp

Corporate America firing warning shots. They ain't havin' none of that Kipp frugality anymore. Spend or die.

the comic creators have found your location. Time to make that trip to Colorado.

JK. They were just fireworks. Probably celebrating my and Tyrant Rave's engagement.

But for real, who sets off fireworks in the heart of fire country during one of the driest weeks of a dry year. I'd prefer it if they were gunshots.

Got my Stray Bullets Uber Alles in among others from IST today. Don't know if ai'll ever read it but I had to help out a fellow comics superstar. It's been. A few days since my most recent order and still no circles are half full yet.....

Kipp

Man, I would join you Kipp but I have classes soon. Damn.

Well, hey, the offer might still be standing whenever your classes finish up! Send me a PM whenever that time comes and we might be able to work something out. I have a feeling I'll still be on the lookout for a roommate in half a year's time.

Well, hey, the offer might still be standing whenever your classes finish up! Send me a PM whenever that time comes and we might be able to work something out. I have a feeling I'll still be on the lookout for a roommate in half a year's time.

how about two years

cuz then...

Got my Stray Bullets Uber Alles in among others from IST today. Don't know if ai'll ever read it but I had to help out a fellow comics superstar. It's been. A few days since my most recent order and still no circles are half full yet.....

Stray Bullets is going to be ComicGAF Book Club #2. I got mine in my last IST order.

PsychBat!

Banned
My classes end in mid-May so I'll remain hopeful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Dark Angel Saga on Uncanny X-Force, now that's what I'm talking about! Even if they are doing character-assassination to a lot of my original AoA faves

I'm a bit ahead of the others, and I'm at the halfway point. Waiting to start Book 2.

I own X-Statix, too, so we'll figure shit out.

I nominate Kipp as the official ComicGAF Book Club organizer.

I'm pretty sure we said this when we thought about doing a Secret Santa and the ComicsGAF podcast

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Just read the first two issues of Ms. Marvel. Not sure I'm feeling it so far but I bought the tp so I'll press on.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Outside of the shrinking parts, the Ant Man Trailer was kinda meh.

Offtopic Forum surely proclaims the death of Marvel Studios now?

Messi

I would move in with Kipp but I am unsure how he feels about the rental industry. Does he have the same issue as he does with the comic industry?

Would they cancel Captain Marvel with the movie coming in a few years?

Mindwipe

Oh man, this keeps getting better. Ain't no one that young knows what they want out of a relationship. I give it six months at best, though I suspect less. Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but Freeze has been around and seen some shit.

By the same token I met my wife at university randomly, and moved in with her a year later in what everyone widely predicted to be a stupid disaster.

We've been together fourteen years now.

tim1138

Kipp that was the most amazing story I've read, I'm sorry your friend is such a dick. But hey, maybe when they get divorced in a year he'll be ready to move to Colorado! A friend of mine did something similar a few years back, married this chick before they had even been dating for a year, needless to say it did not last or go well for him.

Cade

Kipp |OT| - hope it works out breh

---

This Dark Angel Saga on Uncanny X-Force, now that's what I'm talking about! Even if they are doing character-assassination to a lot of my original AoA faves

You can't be an X-Men fan if you don't end up hating your previous favorites at some point. Character assassination is the only goal of X-Men now.

With that said, anyone want to move to Colorado? About $400/month rent?

I have to say HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS at that rent. I pay 1600 a month for a small 2 bedroom apartment.

TWO WEEKS!? As in, 14 days? As in, people are fucking crazy nowdays.

Jesus, my SO and I were together for like 4 years before I moved in.

People rush into shit now adays like mad. My GF and I moved in together at around the 3 year mark, and 2 years later now we're getting the So when are you getting married and having kids questions.

Cade

Do you guys remember in that first Spider-Man movie game you could play all the missions as Harry in the Green Goblin suit? That was cool.

I miss old games where the extra characters/unlocks played totally differently. The missions in that game played way differently too when playing as the GG

tim1138

I miss old games where the extra characters/unlocks played totally differently. The missions in that game played way differently too when playing as the GG

I just miss games having unlockables period, and stuff like that not being relegated to paid DLC.

Where is a good place to start with uncanny x men and all new x men? I've read up to 15ish issues each and then I just fell off. I'd like to start back on both but without having to buy 30+ issues. So what would be a good hopping on point for each?

Kipp

how about two years

cuz then...

ComicsGAF: The House. I'm down for that.

My classes end in mid-May so I'll remain hopeful.

Cool! Well definitely shoot me a PM then if you're still interested. Living with a guy from ComicsGAF would definitely be preferable to a completely random person from Craigslist.

I nominate Kipp as the official ComicGAF Book Club organizer.

Kipp is the Defender of Wallets so that may be a good idea

Haha. I graciously accept.

Kipp that was the most amazing story I've read, I'm sorry your friend is such a dick. But hey, maybe when they get divorced in a year he'll be ready to move to Colorado! A friend of mine did something similar a few years back, married this chick before they had even been dating for a year, needless to say it did not last or go well for him.

Haha. Oh geez.
And, I mean, I do hope things do work out for him and they are as much of a perfect match as he says they are, but man...

As a pretty weak silver lining, the $145k loan pre-approval that I got is good for anywhere in the US though, so now my options are totally open. I should just move to Maine and live as a hermit.

Kipp |OT| - hope it works out breh

With my luck, that OT would just go horribly wrong and end up in disaster. Like, it would probably get moved to community or something awful like that.

I have to say HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS at that rent. I pay 1600 a month for a small 2 bedroom apartment.

$400/month wouldn't be for the whole house, to be clear. It'd be effectively $1200/month (or close to that at least) for the whole three-bedroom house, and then split three ways, that's $400/month each.

$400/month wouldn't be for the whole house, to be clear. It'd be effectively $1200/month (or close to that at least) for the whole three-bedroom house, and then split three ways, that's $400/month each.

Still 1200 for a 3 bedroom house, I'm guessing its more than 950 square feet? I'm just insanely jealous of people with affordable rent. Rent in Northern NJ is disgusting. By the time I add in water, gas, electricity, and internet almost half of what I take home is gone.

Kipp

Still 1200 for a 3 bedroom house, I'm guessing its more than 950 square feet? I'm just insanely jealous of people with affordable rent. Rent in Northern NJ is disgusting. By the time I add in water, gas, electricity, and internet almost half of what I take home is gone.

I didn't have a specific house in my sights yet, since I was planning to drive out there and look at houses next week (oh, that's another thing I forgot to mention; I asked off work all next week and when I called my friend who was going to go out there and look at houses with me, he was like "Oh, yeah, I told my work to put me back on the schedule because I figured you wouldn't want to go anymore"), but most of the houses in my price range were between 1000-1500 square feet.

Top Bottom