• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Is Kipper Squad a reference to something? Need photo reference. Will draw new avatar.
I mean, I don't really need a photo reference to draw Hellboy with a monocle and pipe, but I still want to know what character I'm trying to draw Hellboy imitating.

Lizard Squad, the guys who took down PSN and Xbox Live over Christmas. Their avatar looks like this:

lizard-squad.jpg

Evangeline Lilly's hair is just wonderful.

Messi, today we are brothers.

Vyer

2 weeks. prob divorced in a year and move on to telling everyone how dated marriage is and look at the divorce rates!

Lots of updates on Marvel Unlimited.

Daredevil #0.1 and #4 - The series is still decent but it is starting to feel like an extended epilogue right now.

Rocket Racoon #1 - Good fun.

Legendary Star-Lord #1 - I didn't like the art and the dialogue was very "Biowarish".

Wowza. Fully off topic, but crazy story. I have to tell somebody.

So anyways, I was about to post in here all excited saying I just got an email telling me I got pre-approved for a loan to buy a house.
If you remember, I was planning to move out there with my best friend.
But before I posted here I called him all excited telling him "It's actually happening!" and whatnot.

So after I get all the excitement out of my system he's like "Uuuhhh. This is awkward. So I've actually been dreading calling you..."

So he's been dating this girl for two weeks.
He goes on to tell me that today he was looking at engagement rings and he's 100% certain she's "the one." And like, he wants to ask her to marry him in the next couple weeks and they want to get married in March.

With that said, anyone want to move to Colorado? About $400/month rent?

Find him a job at DC. That'll end those plans.

Cheska

People rush into shit now adays like mad. My GF and I moved in together at around the 3 year mark, and 2 years later now we're getting the So when are you getting married and having kids questions.
Ugggggh, I hate getting asked that. It never ever crosses my mind to ask another couple that, so I don't know why people feel the need to known.

ALSO KIPP, rent the house that my SO and I are buying in Idaho! Find a job there and you'll be all set.

fertygo

Felt out of it from Hickman's Avengers run tbh.. its so dense at times and so hard to remember the plotline, maybe I should just revisit it when its already completed, following the monthly schedule just tiring me out.

I didn't have a specific house in my sights yet, since I was planning to drive out there and look at houses next week (oh, that's another thing I forgot to mention; I asked off work all next week and when I called my friend who was going to go out there and look at houses with me, he was like "Oh, yeah, I told my work to put me back on the schedule because I figured you wouldn't want to go anymore"), but most of the houses in my price range were between 1000-1500 square feet.

Good luck to you, that was majorly fucked up of your friend to do. Though I am royally jealous of your cheap and affordable rent.

Ugggggh, I hate getting asked that. It never ever crosses my mind to ask another couple that, so I don't know why people feel the need to known.

ALSO KIPP, rent the house that my SO and I are buying in Idaho! Find a job there and you'll be all set.

Yeah I've NEVER asked another couple that, I don't know why everyone assumes they have the right to. We're looking to get a puppy, and we tell people we want a beagle and explain why. One of the reasons in the list is cause they're good with kids, and people in general and as soon as we get to that reason it instantly becomes "OHHH! Is Eleanor (my gf) pregnant???!! Are you have a kid!!!!??? OMG!!!??" WTF no.

People, what a bunch of bastards.

Thankfully for my wife and me, her sister popped out a kid so her side of the family is good. My extended family is super annoying about it though.

So are you buying a house in Idaho and keeping it as a vacation home?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I'm pretty set on buying rather than renting or else I'd definitely consider that. Thanks for the offer though! That's really cool that you're buying a house in Idaho!

Good luck to you, that was majorly fucked up of your friend to do. Though I am royally jealous of your cheap and affordable rent.

Yeah, but shit happens. I'm a pessimist (or perhaps a realist), so for the months that I've been thinking about and working towards this Colorado thing, I kept waiting for it to all fall apart for one reason or another. And when I got pre-approved for the loan (and it was pretty iffy whether or not I'd get pre-approved) I thought to myself "This is actually really happening!" And theeeeen...
Haha. So yeah, luckily I was mentally prepared for it to all fall apart. So when I got the news it was more of "Well, there it is" rather than my whole world shattering.

And I suppose my rent is even cheaper than it would've been now since I'll keep living at my parents' for free until I figure out what the future holds.

Cheska

So are you buying a house in Idaho and keeping it as a vacation home?

Something like that. Neither one of our families likes the idea, and we're not quite ready to make the move ourselves, but were in a position where we can buy another house there, rent it out, and hopefully be able to move there ourselves if we end up loving it.

~$9 for just Ant-Man and Squirrel Girl

:/

They are getting some pretty good reviews though! :D And Ant-Man is from your fav, Nick Spenser!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as a fan of quirky art styles, that SG page is ugly as sin

E the Shaggy

Still 1200 for a 3 bedroom house, I'm guessing its more than 950 square feet? I'm just insanely jealous of people with affordable rent. Rent in Northern NJ is disgusting. By the time I add in water, gas, electricity, and internet almost half of what I take home is gone.

My fiance and I have a two bedroom townhouse that's a 1000 a month. Gotta love rent in the south.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh maaan. I just started reading Sin City: Booze, Broads, and Bullets. It's just a bunch of short stories. I'm absolutely loving this. Some of my favorite Sin City stuff yet.

Zombine

Banned
Something like that. Neither one of our families likes the idea, and we're not quite ready to make the move ourselves, but were in a position where we can buy another house there, rent it out, and hopefully be able to move there ourselves if we end up loving it.

As someone who has found great success in the housing industry, and played a direct role in shaping rental processes here for the entire district, my word of advice is to be careful and really read up on your shit. Take into consideration that state's yearly taxes for housing, cost of maintenance, and the potential for tenants to fuck you over and clean you out to live rent free. It's a tricky business, and I can tell you how many bright-eyed couples I have met that thought this was a good idea and it ends up with them crying at my desk to fix the problem.

Not to dissuade you, just be smart and realistic about it.

can't read comics at work, never read comics at home

tyrant rave halp what do

Just be like me and pretend.

Hagi

Is anyone else having issues logging in to the comixology android app? Can't get in at all and the site just links me to the app which won't work because i can't log in.

:/ marvel app is doing the same thing

Zombine

Banned
X-Men #23, no more Brian Wood.

We get a story about Storm fighting a Storm with stormy thoughts about Logan in her head. It was a decent start and thank god Wood is gone, but it wasn't #1 level of quality. Gotta let this team find its groove before I call it good or bad. 6/10

Zombine

Banned
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 was really great. That art was gorgeous and it got some good chuckles out of me. I'm in for the series. The only thing that overstayed its welcome was the little text at the bottom. It was cute at first, but then I was over it. 9/10

SRG01

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 was really great. That art was gorgeous and it got some good chuckles out of me. I'm in for the series. The only thing that overstayed its welcome was the little text at the bottom. It was cute at first, but then I was over it. 9/10

OMG I loved the
anime eyes Kraven panel near the end

tim1138

Squirrel Girl was fun and has pretty expressive art, but it's not $4/month fun. See ya in 6 months when you're on Unlimited
and sadly probably canceled

NEO0MJ

Finished reading the first two Miracleman books, so good. I was really worried the story would be similar to Irredeemable because of how often I heard the former inspired the later but it's very different. One shocking scene I did not expect was
the birthing scene at the end of book two. That was too detailed :X

Can't wait for the rest of the books to be released.

Finished reading the first two Miracleman books, so good. I was really worried the story would be similar to Irredeemable because of how often I heard the former inspired the later but it's very different. One shocking scene I did not expect was
the birthing scene at the end of book two. That was too detailed :X

Can't wait for the rest of the books to be released.

Book 3 is on another damn level from the first two books. Its the reason why Miracleman got legendary in the first place, and its still a damn good comic after legions of people have pilfered and polished up its ideas(including Alan Moore himself with Watchmen)

Owzers

Squirrel Girl was fun and has pretty expressive art, but it's not $4/month fun. See ya in 6 months when you're on Unlimited
and sadly probably canceled

I feel slightly bad about waiting for MU on stuff but then again if i don't, what's the point of MU?

trade waiters(or Kipps as I call them in casual conversation) killed dan slott's The Thing and Gillen/Sander's S.W.O.R.D., now they coming for Squirrel Girl

is nothing sacred to you people

Top Bottom