• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Going to meet my friend (the one at the center of this Colorado fiasco) and his new girlfriend/possibly future wife at Starbucks in 30 minutes so they can try to explain this shit to me. Wish me luck.

Let us know what happens, complete with all of the hilarious details.

for someone that hates the x-men you sure have a lot of good x-men suggestions JC :D

also, Broo is cute as shit

Laurie_Tromette_(Earth-616)_Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_539.png

man I don't hate the X-Men at all, lol. They just have a lot of bad comics, which is the inevitable result of them having HUNDREDS OF COMICS every year by dozens of wrtiers and artists. Most work in any creative filed is mediocre, I'm just trying to hit up on the stand-out exceptions.

fertygo

Anyone else follow Storm's solo book? If you despise Bendis its might've the best X-Book beside Magneto solo, newest issue was pretty good.

I think I like Greg Pak's writing more than someone like Charles Soule.

I heard they have flat whites now, Kipp. Whatever those are, get one.

Flat whites are amazing. I had one with my lunch today. It was so good, like a latte but with actual coffee taste as opposed to warm milk.

Good luck Kipp, try not to destroy comics or anything.

kmfdmpig

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5". I'm absolutely loving this thing. It is a fantastic media tablet. It is a little big for general browsing though.

I'm on the verge of buying a new tablet for comics (I have a Nook HD+ and the value was great, but I'd like something bigger).
Do you think one of the 12.2 inch tablets would be too big (The screen works out to almost exactly the size and aspect ratio of a standard comic)? If not, I'm thinking of the Tab 2 10.5 or waiting a few months to see what the new version of that will be.

Antman #1 gets the Rrong-SealOfAproval, so it shall survive in my pulllist for the reminder of the first arc.

I haven't read anything else today.

¡¡Good luck Kipp!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legendary Starlord any good? added it to my queue in my atempt to have more current stuff to look forward to when MU updates weekly (as opposed to only reading old stuff)

also because I loved Rocket Racoon #1 (I know its nothing like it but still)

PsychBat!

Banned
Legendary Starlord any good? added it to my queue in my atempt to have more current stuff to look forward to when MU updates weekly (as opposed to only reading old stuff)

The first two issues of Star-Lord are okay but loses it's traction by #3. Just don't bother with it.

Rocket Raccoon on the other hand, the art is fantastic and the writing is okay. Still worth reading though.

fertygo

Well if the movie stink, at least we had this ANT-MAN run.. incredible start, and the art is ton of upgrade than superior foes already.

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah, sorry Zombine. It was really difficult where to place Squirrel Girl after a delightful first issue. I know how much you liked it too.

Hoping you guys can help. This light be a long shot but I'm looking for the hardcover edition of The Flash Volume 1: move forward. It's from the new 52. Anyone have one for sale? Or can get their hands on one? I have the rest of the run except that one.

Thanks!

Vyer

Gave Squirrel Girl a shot....nah, not for me.

Ant Man was pretty good. Not sure why the hell it was 5 bucks tho

Drayco21

Legendary Star-Lord was better than usual this week, even if it's just moving the pieces around for The Black Vortex. This and Contest of Champions has really salvaged my opinion of Sam Humphries- between being the first book to address why in-universe Pete has suddenly turned into Chris Pratt, to actually making Bendis' shitty fan-fic romance work, to turning
J'Son
into an actually cool villain as Mister Knife, to tying things together with the rest of the Marvel Universe without feeling married to Earth like Bendis.

It's still not muh Star-Lord though.

Ugh.. Seriously? I'm glad she back, but I felt like no one really took Doom to task for killing her.

Dose she still have her powers? She was pretty awesome as Stature.

J10

Banned
Ugh.. Seriously? I'm glad she back, but I felt like no one really took Doom to task for killing her.

Scott defaced a painting of Doom at a Latverian art exhibit at the beginning of AvX after a year and a half of being drunk and miserable. And I see there was more after that in the post above.

She doesn't seem to still have powers.

She revived in the last page of the latest issue of Avengers World, so as it wasn't addressed in Ant-Man #1, we don't know officially yet. (Unless it was mentioned in an interview somewhere.)
I think she does, and that's
how she shrunk into the model apartment. But she could have just been shrunk by Scott there. We'll find out soon enough.
(I'm just being cautious with Ant.Man #1 spoilers.)

Just read #1 yesterday. Didn't like it. The dialogue was very weird and the art wasn't great either.

Drayco21

My Star-Lord ranges from Kyln Star-Lord (in Thanos' short-lived book) all the way to Thanos Imperative Star-Lord.

Claremont Classic Star-Lord is pretty good too, but is also kinda a different person since he had to suffer a breakdown pre-Thanos ongoing. I wish DnA weren't broken up and were still in charge of everything right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
searched Deadpool on MU trying to find the one I used to read back in the day, with the blind old woman (its the '97 run aparently)

only to find out the very first Deadpool mini, from 93, was drawn by Joe Mad :O

Top Bottom