• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Drayco21

Where is Jack Flag? Moondragon? Cosmo? Bug? Mantis? Adam Warlock? Phyla-Vell? VANCE ASTRO??

Damn...

Well, Phyla
died so Thanos could become the Avatar of Death right before Thanos Imperative began, remember? And now there's a new Captain Marvel who isn't tied to the Mar-Vell legacy, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to bring her back to avoid muddying those waters or something braindead stupid.

Cosmo met Sam and went on adventures with him and Beta Ray Bill, and then Rocket Raccoon and him got stuck owing him a favor, leading to his reappearance in a pretty cute issue of Rocket Raccoon and will be carried on in Nova eventually.

Adam Warlock was hanging out in the Infinity Revelation, so Starlin still cares.

Mantis shows up in The Bendis' run and explicitly tells him she doesn't want to join his suicide squad or go on adventures with him, because The Bendis didn't read DnA enough to know that she and Rocket should be among the first people to line up to be part of the Guardians with Pete. Bug was a member of the team in the Avengers crossover at the start of Marvel Now, and his Rocket Lance was still on the ship, so... The Bendis stopped wanting to write about someone who got cut out of the movie?

The Bendis doesn't know who Jack Flag or Vance Astro are so who needs 'em. They were last seen being taken prisoner by the Cancerverse Invaders, so if The Bendis ever hears the complaints, he'll probably just write it off as them being executed or something dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I like his run on FF (much more than F4), but I'm supposed to believe Scott Lang taking on Doom and winning?

I don't care WHAT happened, thats some bullshit.

I almost get the impression that those pages are Fraction soapboxing about how much people love Doom for being the coolest dude on the planet even though he's a supervillain, and just using Lang as a mouthpiece for it.

Where is Jack Flag? Moondragon? Cosmo? Bug? Mantis? Adam Warlock? Phyla-Vell? VANCE ASTRO??

Damn...

Phyla-Vell is incredibly dead, having been killed by Thanos. I miss her, she was a cool character.

Cosmo was in New Nova, being saved by Sam. *blech*

Vance is in Guardians 3000

Not sure of the rest.

PsychBat!

Banned
Guys, I read the DnA run and I love Guardians 3000. I also read Infinity Revelation. It was just a moment of frustration that characters I loved are being reduced to Earth heroes and "space avengers". Ugh.

arkon

I'm on the verge of buying a new tablet for comics (I have a Nook HD+ and the value was great, but I'd like something bigger).
Do you think one of the 12.2 inch tablets would be too big (The screen works out to almost exactly the size and aspect ratio of a standard comic)? If not, I'm thinking of the Tab 2 10.5 or waiting a few months to see what the new version of that will be.

I got a Galaxy S tab 10.5 and that feels just right to me for comics. Stuff looks amazing on that screen. Best thing to do is to go to a store and try it out for yourself. That's what I did and settled on the 10.5.

God damn you people. I was fine without Ant-Man but NOOOO you all gotta praise the shit out of it FORCING MY HAND into buying it. That's like 10 Snickers bars man :( This shit better be godlike. $5 KID!!!!!!

Guys, I read the DnA run and I love Guardians 3000. I also read Infinity Revelation. It was just a moment of frustration that characters I loved are being reduced to Earth heroes and "space avengers". Ugh.

The fact that the first trade of Bendis GOTG is called Cosmic Avengers really burns my waffles, and I fucking love the Avengers.

God damn you people. I was fine without Ant-Man but NOOOO you all gotta praise the shit out of it FORCING MY HAND into buying it. That's like 10 Snickers bars man :( This shit better be godlike. $5 KID!!!!!!

F I V E D O L L A R C O M I C B O Y S

Happy new year comic gaf. Back from my holiday vacation...and damn tired. In between all the partying, family gatherings, shindigs and road trips I was able get through 15 trades. I don't think I even read close that many in a month when I'm at home.

Anyways, I hope y'all had a nice holiday.

kmfdmpig

I got a Galaxy S tab 10.5 and that feels just right to me for comics. Stuff looks amazing on that screen. Best thing to do is to go to a store and try it out for yourself. That's what I did and settled on the 10.5.

Thanks for your response. I tried the 12.2 and the 10.5 at the store, but it's hard to tell weight/size issues standing up in a store, particularly as Best Buy has the anti-theft stuff which makes it very hard to gauge the weight.

I think 10.5 is right, however. Thanks again!

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't read it breh, some of you instead already puked from all over the place coz Bendis so made you think 3K is okay!
I'm gonna be honest with you. You lost me at stockholm syndrome. I know what it is but I don't see what that has to do with anything. That's why I didn't know how to respond.

So after reading both Ant-Man and Squirrel Girl, I think Ant-Man was the better book. BUT, they both made me realize how fucking tired I am of mainstream comics.

Messi

Oh, well.

Also, if I had a time machine and read one book... I would be really excited about next week.

What does it all mean. What do the numbers mean.

giphy.gif

CBTech

I'm on the verge of buying a new tablet for comics (I have a Nook HD+ and the value was great, but I'd like something bigger).
Do you think one of the 12.2 inch tablets would be too big (The screen works out to almost exactly the size and aspect ratio of a standard comic)? If not, I'm thinking of the Tab 2 10.5 or waiting a few months to see what the new version of that will be.

I think 10.5" is perfect. Any bigger and I think I would only be able to use the tablet for comics/video. I feel like the 12.2" would just be a little too awkward to hold due to the weight and size. A tablet definitely feels different then a comic. With my tablet I have never needed to zoom in on a page in either portrait or landscape (double pages) the text is clear and easily readable. My tablet also has a very high resolution so it helps. I'm not sure about the Tab 2's resolution. If the resolution is low it might be more difficult to read the text.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Squirrel Girl was boring IMO. Probably aimed at Teenage girls, the art was horrible too.

At least ASM 12 was good.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Let us know what happens, complete with all of the hilarious details.

Okay. This is even more hilarious than hilarious details.
THERE WERE LITERALLY NO DETAILS.
So they order their coffee (as you might guess, I didn't order anything), we sit down. I expect my friend to start explaining. Because, you know, he just ruined everything I've been planning for the past 3-4 months and now my future is shattered. And when I asked him how he was so certain that she was "THE ONE," he kept saying "I'll explain it all when we see each other."
So, we sit down. We're all quiet for a second. I'm obviously waiting for him to start explaining. He's like "So, what have you been up to, Kipp?"
He just starts talking as if everything is completely normal. Never even mentions the fact that he's planning to get engaged and married to this girl he just met two weeks ago.

what

I heard they have flat whites now, Kipp. Whatever those are, get one.

Indeed they do. And my friend (who works at Starbucks) tried to explain to me what they were and I was just like "So it's basically a latte?" and he started to explain again but then was like "Yeah, basically."

Black coffee for life.

Top Bottom