• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Owzers

Thor #3: Decent read, there really wasn't much here and it felt quite similar to the last issue, new Thor hit some frost giants. Worth $1.00. Spent $2.39.
Final score of - $1.39

I think saying it was worth $1 was being generous too i'm like the IGN of Worths.

So, we sit down. We're all quiet for a second. I'm obviously waiting for him to start explaining. He's like "So, what have you been up to, Kipp?" He just starts talking as if everything is completely normal. Never even mentions the fact that he's planning to get engaged and married to this girl he just met two weeks ago.

what

This is amazing. I guess all you can do is sit back and enjoy the show.

Thanos jobs mofos next week!! And STAR WARS!!!

I don't know if I could be any less excited for Star Wars. I still haven't gotten over the extreme saturation of stories that took place in the Episode IV time frame. And now we get.....MORE. And oh, a Darth Vader ongoing, too. Ugh. I can't fucking take it anymore.

Isak_Borg

This is amazing. I guess all you can do is sit back and enjoy the show.

I don't know if I could be any less excited for Star Wars. I still haven't gotten over the extreme saturation of stories that took place in the Episode IV time frame. And now we get.....MORE. And oh, a Darth Vader ongoing, too. Ugh. I can't fucking take it anymore.

Yeah, guess the last thing we need is more Star Wars.

Hopefully we'll get all of the old stuff in circulation at some point. I never got a chance to read the Thrawn or Dark Empire trilogy.

So as a personal fuck you to the guys behind the attacks in France, I decided to purchase the most racy, ISIS-offending comic I could think of. Naturally, this was Sunstone.

You guys were not kidding. It's actually good even when you take out the copious graphic nudity. I don't even like slice-of-life stuff, but it's funny, not romantic comedy funny, actually funny. Definitely not one to read in the doctor's waiting room though, or have displayed on the shelf when the parents call. When is Volume 2?

Ant-Man rocked as well, loved the ending. Have they deaged Cassie? I thought she was older than fourteen, I assumed her and Kate Bishop were around the same age and Kate is 21 now.

Didn't enjoy Squirrel Girl that much. Sorry guys, I think I'm out on this one. I hope it does well though because it's a worthy book. Something about it didn't gel. It felt extremely rushed in places. The roommate is also an awful character.

I liked Spider-Man and the X-Men #1, but I get why you guys are down on it. The first few pages with Spidey helping Team Wolverine Storm are gold IMO. I feel this was done better in the Avengers Academy tie-in during Big Time. Might drop this one too, still liked it, probably not enough to continue. Also, anyone know why this book didn't have the red stripe on the cover?

Last thing I read today was AXIS: Hobgoblin, which was okay and not as funny as I'd hoped. I did like that they took aim at start-up and tech culture, and the art was good, like Ramos mixed with McKelvie.

So as a personal fuck you to the guys behind the attacks in France, I decided to purchase the most racy, ISIS-offending comic I could think of. Naturally, this was Sunstone.

You guys were not kidding. It's actually good even when you take out the copious graphic nudity. I don't even like slice-of-life stuff, but it's funny, not romantic comedy funny, actually funny. Definitely not one to read in the doctor's waiting room though, or have displayed on the shelf when the parents call. When is Volume 2?

Volume 2 should be out in April, I think. Or you could read them on Sejic's deviantArt page right now. His username over there is shiniez. Or at least the one where he posts the Sunstone comics. He has like, 3 dA accounts.

Messi

Volume 2 should be out in April, I think. Or you could read them on Sejic's deviantArt page right now. His username over there is shiniez. Or at least the one where he posts the Sunstone comics. He has like, 3 dA accounts.

He also hasn't updated the art in chapter 2 on deviant art yet. Book 2 first.

Glad you liked it man. I wasn't kidding when I recommended it to people. My book of the year.

Edit: he is uploading a PDF of chapter 1 with the re done art when chapter 2 launches if you don't think it's worth paying for :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished S.W.O.R.D., it was so good, bummed out there's only 5. Brand and Beast are great together. Unit was awesome, Death's Head was awesome.

Also read Legendary Star Lord #1, and yup, it's pretty...meh. it's not offensive or anything, it's just very safe, very vanilla. And the Kitty thing makes no sense

Edit: also I'm caught up with WATXM up to AvX so it's time to go back to tackling that, wish me luck

Okay. This is even more hilarious than hilarious details.
THERE WERE LITERALLY NO DETAILS.
So they order their coffee (as you might guess, I didn't order anything), we sit down. I expect my friend to start explaining. Because, you know, he just ruined everything I've been planning for the past 3-4 months and now my future is shattered. And when I asked him how he was so certain that she was "THE ONE," he kept saying "I'll explain it all when we see each other."
So, we sit down. We're all quiet for a second. I'm obviously waiting for him to start explaining. He's like "So, what have you been up to, Kipp?"
He just starts talking as if everything is completely normal. Never even mentions the fact that he's planning to get engaged and married to this girl he just met two weeks ago.

what
So umm did you ask him what the deal was in person? I'd be kind of pissed honestly

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah, I understand completely. My main reason for getting Star Wars is because Aaron is writing it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So umm did you ask him what the deal was in person? I'd be kind of pissed honestly

It seemed like it would've been pretty awkward to bring up, especially with the girl there too. She was the shy/introverted type (and speaking of which, he's a total extrovert. They're pretty much complete opposites and I didn't see any crazy "spark" between them or anything that made me realize even a tiny bit why they were so crazy for each other) and it seemed like she would've gotten pretty uncomfortable if I threw out the "So, tell me how you guys realized you were 100%, without-a-doubt, soulmates and already want to get married!" Since I only just met this girl and she was shy, I didn't want to start asking these invasive questions about her.
And I gave my friend quite a few opportunities to get to the explaining too, none of which he took up.
So I definitely plan to give him a call really soon so he can give me the full explanation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Proving that WATXM is a better book than most, issue #9, the first AvX tie-in, was really good, the sense of impending doom came off pretty well during it I think, while still maintaining the sense of humour the book has been cultivating...the aliens betting on which planet the phoenix force is going to destroy next, Cap getting a B-minus on the danger room (lol) or Beast explaining that he doesn't have fleas, the Bamfs got into the pym particles.

tim1138

Oh hell yeah, the first issue of Kirby's OMAC is on comixology. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for his other DC work.

Looks like Patrick Zircher has a new gig with DC. Really like his art so I look forward to it.

@PatrickZircher: After knocking around some ideas, Bob Harras, DC's editor in chief, stepped in & suggested a title I feel I'd be perfect for.
Very excited!

Proving that WATXM is a better book than most, issue #9, the first AvX tie-in, was really good, the sense of impending doom came off pretty well during it I think, while still maintaining the sense of humour the book has been cultivating...the aliens betting on which planet the phoenix force is going to destroy next, Cap getting a B-minus on the danger room (lol) or Beast explaining that he doesn't have fleas, the Bamfs got into the pym particles.

I also liked that little conversation Logan had with Idie, especially because she(and his connection with her, through Schism) was kinda the whole reason he started the school in the first place. So its good to hear she liked it, and gave Logan the feeling he was doing the right thing.

Rhaknar

New Avengers seems like a fun roster, that book any good? It's in the 20s during AvX so it would be relatively easy to jump on it

Also, EVERYONE IS A FUCKING AVENGER

Anyone here play Wolf Among Us? Worth playing?

Question for everyone not named Rafa

Very much so, if you are into the telltale style interactive story, it's the best one

Drayco21

Anyone here play Wolf Among Us? Worth playing?

Question for everyone not named Rafa

I don't really like the TellTale gameplay style, but even I thought it was pretty entertaining- much better than anything they've done before it.

I actually hope a second season happens.

Cool. Any retreading of the comic material?

All new, set before Fables, and the game doesn't really mesh with the series in a way that feels like they're actually canon to each other.

frye

It seemed like it would've been pretty awkward to bring up, especially with the girl there too. She was the shy/introverted type (and speaking of which, he's a total extrovert. They're pretty much complete opposites and I didn't see any crazy "spark" between them or anything that made me realize even a tiny bit why they were so crazy for each other) and it seemed like she would've gotten pretty uncomfortable if I threw out the "So, tell me how you guys realized you were 100%, without-a-doubt, soulmates and already want to get married!" Since I only just met this girl and she was shy, I didn't want to start asking these invasive questions about her.
And I gave my friend quite a few opportunities to get to the explaining too, none of which he took up.
So I definitely plan to give him a call really soon so he can give me the full explanation.

not gonna lie my dude, definitely thought of you and your friend more than once today and laughed every time.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
not gonna lie my dude, definitely thought of you and your friend more than once today and laughed every time.

Hahaha. I'm glad. I've been laughing about it every time I think about it too. It totally sucks, but even more than that, it is so insanely absurd. Like, did this really happen? I can't help but laugh at the kind of shit life throws at me.

Rhaknar

Is the Kurt in Amazing X-Men also the AoA one or is it the real
resurrected
deal?

I'm in for Squirrel Girl, Fade Out had its best issue yet, and Deadly Class awesome streak continues. Craig/Louridge team, best ongoing artists in the business. Shoutouts to drawing your own sound effects and the Howard Chaykin-esque close-up inserts. And to whoever that guy who said Paul Smith X-Men > John Byrne X-Men.

wanted to read Casanova Vol. 2 but you get home so tired...fuck why do people have to have jobs why can't the government just give us money :(

Zombine

Banned
fuck why do people have to have jobs why can't the government just give us money :(

Lol bro you're gonna break down this summer. Sitting inside working on reports and shit, and people like one year younger than you are outside chillin drinking some lemonade, reading comics, listening to Jack Johnson and shit...and you're excited to go eat outside for like 30 and talk to some squirrels.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Picked up Squirrel Girl and enjoyed it. I do question how long the joke can be funny, and hope they can spice up the formula for a long run.

I'm in for it right now though.

Rhaknar

:( what's the proper way to do spoilers?

I don't care about spoilers but he's not wrong, you didn't have to say
AoA Kurt dies
in order to say
that the one in Amazing isn't him
:) lol

Also, I'm afraid to disapoint all you fancy "good comic" readers, with your top hats and your cigars and your brandies, but I'm digging AvX :/

Edit: Magneto lost against Iron Man. IRON Man. The man of iron. Magneto lost to iron. Whut?

Namor lost to Thing...underwater lolwhut???

I might have to take my praise back

Top Bottom