• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

PunishmentDay.jpg

Title: January votes.
To: Spike

1. Deadly Class #10
2. ____________
3. ____________

Good lawd, that was amazing. That is the most I have laughed out loud to a comic in quite some time. Best Image book going right now.

Josh Williamsons Nailbiter and Birthright were very solid also. Still very interested in these stories.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Avengers Academy seems like a fun book, Hercules, X-23 and some kid with a sentinel? Sounds like my jam, might give it a try after AvX

Ant-Man was fantastic. The ending was a bit bittersweet, but in a good way? But this is definitely on my pull list now. Fantastic debut. Great art. Loved how Scott is depicted as basically the ultimate loser with a heart of gold.

Man, I'm pretty sure Stark's never giving Scott a shot at a job again. How is he going to... make money

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Contrary to the Avengers Academy issues which made me curious abut that series, these secret avengers issues in AvX did absolutely nothing for me. Hated the art, I don't care about Mar-Vell at all so his temporary resurrection did nothing for me, it was just boring all around

No idea if the rest of the series is like this but it didn't leave a good first impression at all

Sadist

Ant-Man #1 is great! "Oh, you're one of those people"

Spider-Man #12 wasn't too shabby either, although I was kind of waiting for that one guy to show up.

tim1138

So how many of the books announced at Image Expo today will actually release this year vs disappearing before finally coming out at some time next year.

Messi

Anyone pick up that Peggy Carter book? Art looks nice.

Also I dig the new artist in Teen Titans. Maybe I should buy that book again.

PEE GEE?? Is she not a tad too old?

New Power Girl. She was given the name (and some powers by an accident involving the way back) and Karen's money when she went back to Earth 2. She had been an intern for Karen.

Context for the scene: She just saved Wonder Girls' mother and got a garbage truck dropped on her for her troubles and no one knew she had the powers.

fertygo

It's such an ugly holdover from 90s character design that needs to go away forever.

Jacket ain't 90s thing only. jacket will life forever. See : Batgirl.

I do agree at least they should give better color to New PG jacket, the blue is so out of place.

tim1138

Jacket ain't 90s thing only. jacket will life forever. See : Batgirl.

Batgirl and the new Spider-Woman costumes are fine because the jacket is their top. I hate the random leather jacket thing like on the new PG, 90s Havok, 90s Rogue, the Jim Lee Wonder Woman, 90s Superboy, etc., etc..

Top Bottom