• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

The Humble Bundle: Image Firsts Edition:

Pay What You Want:
Image Expo 2015 Preview Book
Alex + Ada Volume 1
Deadly Class Volume 1: Reagan Youth
C.O.W.L. Volume 1: The Principles of Power
Elephantmen 2260 Book One
God Hates Astronauts Volume 1
Genius #1-5
Satellite Sam Volume 1
Minimum Wage Volume 1

Beat the Average:
The Wicked + The Divine Volume 1: The Faust Act
The Manhattan Projects Book One (ten issues)
The Fuse Volume 1
Velvet Volume 1: Before the Living End
Sex Criminals Volume 1: One Weird Trick
Wytches #1
The Walking Dead Volume 22: A New Beginning (first post-All Out War issues)
The Fade Out #1

Pay $18 or more:
Walking Dead Compendium One (48 issues!)
East of West: The World
Saga Book One (18 issues)

Someone who's read more of these should make a thread. Insane value.

Owzers

that's an amazing bundle and yeah i own most already :p I'll get the min version for god hates astronauts. I want the hardcover of Manhattan Projects over digital after reading the singles, same with Saga if i cave.

I'm at work, someone post sweatingman.jpg for me in response to the new humble bundle

Tyrant Rave
(Today, 09:29 AM)
image.php

I am so confused. World's finest is a book about the time before Batman died? Is it explained why Pee Gee or Huntress went to earth 1?

WF 1 - 27 about PG and Huntress from Earth 2 on Earth 1, and yes its explained how they got to Earth 1. Part of that explanation is the Death of Earth 2 Batman and Superman. After 27 PG and Huntress go back to Earth 2, and WF becomes about Batman and Superman from Earth 2 before Apokolips invades.

ReAxion

The Humble Bundle: Image Firsts Edition:

Pay What You Want:
Image Expo 2015 Preview Book
Alex + Ada Volume 1
Deadly Class Volume 1: Reagan Youth
C.O.W.L. Volume 1: The Principles of Power
Elephantmen 2260 Book One
God Hates Astronauts Volume 1
Genius #1-5
Satellite Sam Volume 1
Minimum Wage Volume 1

Beat the Average:
The Wicked + The Divine Volume 1: The Faust Act
The Manhattan Projects Book One (ten issues)
The Fuse Volume 1
Velvet Volume 1: Before the Living End
Sex Criminals Volume 1: One Weird Trick
Wytches #1
The Walking Dead Volume 22: A New Beginning (first post-All Out War issues)
The Fade Out #1

Pay $18 or more:
Walking Dead Compendium One (48 issues!)
East of West: The World
Saga Book One (18 issues)

Someone who's read more of these should make a thread. Insane value.

I can count on one hand the number of those I haven't read.

Oh Claremont excalibur is old? OK cool, I tried to read some modern Claremont x-men and yeesh :/

It came out following the Mutant Massacre- it's where Kitty and Nightcrawler ended up after that event. Plus Rachel Summers.

It gets dodgy later but the initial dozen or so issues is fantastic with gorgeous Alan Davis art.

I believe the general recommendation on Excalibur is read anything by written by Claremont, Davis, and Warren Ellis and ignore the rest.

Messi

WF 1 - 27 about PG and Huntress from Earth 2 on Earth 1, and yes its explained how they got to Earth 1. Part of that explanation is the Death of Earth 2 Batman and Superman. After 27 PG and Huntress go back to Earth 2, and WF becomes about Batman and Superman from Earth 2 before Apokolips invades.

But Batman and Superman already have their own book :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spawn is still a thing? o_O

I dont even mean that in a bad way :(

tim1138

That Lemire/Emi Lenox mini sounds interesting.

She’s going to be busy, though, as she’ll be working with writer Jeff Lemire on a new five issue mini-series called “Plutonia”, which tells the tale of a group of kids after they discover the dead body of the world’s greatest superhero

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JC is my second favorite poster, even if he hates the x-men

I need the next issue of ANT-MAN right NOW.

Deathlok 2 and 3 were... alright, I guess?

Hawkeye vs Deadpool was great, but the ending was surprisingly bittersweet compared to the wacky hijinks beforehand. Deadpool and Hawkeye need to hang out more often.

Punisher 14 was pretty good, but 3 different artists? Colours were fantastic though.

Rhaknar

is Wiccan in any book atm? Ive never seen him but he looks cool (in a total FF7 Vincent ripp off way) and I would like to know more about him (and Wanda's other kid, doesnt she have 2?)

tim1138

Like September 2015?

Will anyone who read the first 5 as they released even be alive by then?

Yep September 2015.

And I pretty much need this RunLoveKill book.

On top of that, Eric Canete and Jonathan Tsuei are pairing for “RunLoveKill”, ensuring that, at this point, Image is just trying to kill us. Apparently this book will feature lots of fighting, robots and dinosaurs, and that the title is hyper literal. Why would we want it to be anything but?

ElNarez

Banned
NEW GILLEN COMIC WITH LAFUENTE

A BUNCH OF BADASS ARTISTS DOING THE THIRD VOLUME OF WICDIV

THE IMMATERIAL GIRL HAS A RELEASE MONTH

SO. GODDAMN. HYPE.

Top Bottom