• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

SoilBreak

Banned
THIS IS MY LIFE

literally every one assumes 6'3'' black people are pro ball players

literally

every one

It's the face/reaction that always gets me after I say ''I don't like sports all that much''.
42SA6Pt.png

Messi

6'7 dude here and I get asked multiple times a week if I play basketball, because apparently I would be "really good at it"

Zombine

Banned
Nah for real, I disappoint so many folks because I am built and do work out religiously and shit and I'm not socially awkward (as I assume JC is in the same boat) that some people are taken back by the fact that I'm a giant nerd and would rather spend my time playing games and reading than going out to a club or some shit...

That's what happens when you were a chubby white kid who got picked on a lot for liking pokemon and anime.

God damn it, am I the only one here who is 5'5''? or close? lol

Tyrant also makes a good foot rest.

tim1138

Just because I'm a tall, thin male librarian with black glasses and a beard everyone assumes I'm so kind of hipster or something. Or gay, lots of gay dudes in my profession.

Zombine

Banned
I got picked on for being fat.... I'm still fat. Something's not right here.

I did that whole "I'll show you guys!" Thing and got in shape and I ended up looking entirely different and became an asshole for a while. Then I scaled it back and became me again just better looking.

I still love pokemon.

Librarian lady stay giving me crazy looks. "You rent a lot of weird books...not calling you a nerd or anything but this looks so corny lol"

got me feeling some kind of way my nigga

Zombine

Banned
Librarian lady stay giving me crazy looks. "You rent a lot of weird books...not calling you a nerd or anything but this looks so corny lol"

got me feeling some kind of way my nigga

Get her number.

Edit: I'm watching some wack ass Occulus movie on Netflix, and did that ginger girl just sleep with her brother? I don't even know.

tim1138

For the most part librarians are seriously the worst, either stereotypical old ladies or young try hards trying to show how edgy and hip and cool they are. I have a lot of disdain for my professional peers.

PsychBat!

Banned
I did that whole "I'll show you guys!" Thing and got in shape and I ended up looking entirely different and became an asshole for a while. Then I scaled it back and became me again just better looking.

I still love pokemon.
I tried to do that several times with varying success. I don't eat as much as I used to now. Didn't even eat a lot during the holidays. I guess I just lack motivation and incentive.
Wait you got X or Y? Add me on the 3DS!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think I fit people's expectations pretty well. I'm a pretty plain looking guy all around, so people assume I'm boring. And they're pretty much right.
What I'm saying, is unlike you guys, I don't LIE to people with my appearance.

It's not that, Elektra Lives Again has my favourite Miller art and my favourite Varley colours and Elektra: Assassin is probably one of the three best comics Marvel has ever published.

But ELA had very special dimensions that the omnibus doesn't respect and the colours for Assassin from what I've been able to discern aren't as vibrant as the single issues (a problem shared by the trade but at least that isn't eighty bux or whatever).

Ah, gotcha. That is pretty lame. I still think I'd buy the Elektra omnibus if it got reprinted though. Haha

God damn it, am I the only one here who is 5'5''? or close? lol

I'm 5'7" or 5'8", so I'm close-ish.
And the funny thing is, I was the lucky one in my family. At his peak, my dad was 5'4" (I'm sure at this point he's a little shorter) and my mom is 5'0". My sister also ended up 5'0". I think I did all right under the circumstances.

I still love pokemon.

I was scrawny throughout my whole life... and I chose biking as my main source of exercise. So I'm still scrawny.

And yeah, Pokemon is the best.

Zombine

Banned
I tried to do that several times with varying success. I don't eat as much as I used to now. Didn't even eat a lot during the holidays. I guess I just lack motivation and incentive.
Wait you got X or Y? Add me on the 3DS!

I eat everything lol. I have to because I run like 20 miles a week and I weight train.

For the most part librarians are seriously the worst, either stereotypical old ladies or young try hards trying to show how edgy and hip and cool they are. I have a lot of disdain for my professional peers.

See there are two main libraries I go to. One with stereotypical old lady with "quietly judging you" mean mug behind them glasses and the other one has an older lady in her 60s, but she looks and acts half her age and sometimes I just stick around and talk to her for like a hour about whatever.

Course the one with the mean one is the big, main library that has all the books :(

I think I fit people's expectations pretty well. I'm a pretty plain looking guy all around, so people assume I'm boring. And they're pretty much right.
What I'm saying, is unlike you guys, I don't LIE to people with my appearance.

Preach it!!

I'm 5'7" or 5'8", so I'm close-ish.
And the funny thing is, I was the lucky one in my family. At his peak, my dad was 5'4" (I'm sure at this point he's a little shorter) and my mom is 5'0". My sister also ended up 5'0". I think I did all right under the circumstances.

My niece is about 17 and she's fucking furious cuz she still has yet to hit 5'0.

tim1138

See there are two main libraries I go to. One with stereotypical old lady with "quietly judging you" mean mug behind them glasses and the other one has an older lady in her 60s, but she looks and acts half her age and sometimes I just stick around and talk to her for like a hour about whatever.

Course the one with the mean one is the big, main library that has all the books :(

Are they in the same system? If so just have your books sent to the cool library.
I don't even go into my local public library any more, just have all my shit sent to the drive up window.

Also, why do your librarians even look at your borrowing list?. I have to talk to one maybe once every 10-15 trips, and only if I have a fine to pay.

Owzers

Get her number.

Edit: I'm watching some wack ass Occulus movie on Netflix, and did that ginger girl just sleep with her brother? I don't even know.

I kinda liked Occulus, that was her fiance/husband/fiance. Her brother is the other one.

I didn't like Justice League #37 though, which is the last issue i had pre-ordered. Standard cape stuff.

Kipp

Also, why do your librarians even look at your borrowing list?. I have to talk to one maybe once every 10-15 trips, and only if I have a fine to pay.

You don't return your books on time? Shame, shame.
But yeah, the only times I remember talking to a librarian were when I needed to get a new library card since I lost my old one. Other than that, self checkout for life.

tim1138

Kipp said:
But yeah, the only times I remember talking to a librarian were when I needed to get a new library card since I lost my old one. Other than that, self checkout for life.

Honestly, most of the people you interact with in public librarians aren't even librarians, they're just clerks and support staff--especially when you're checking out/returning.

I'm always the guy that fucks up the self-checkout then has to embarrassingly go to the clerks anyway. Fucking hate it so god damn much. Literally just me fumbling for like 10 minutes then the scanner starts beeping for no reason and I just have to leave.

Regardless of how people feel about the character, his original "The Sentry" mini was fucking phenomenal. UGGH and his Inhumans mini. Both were fan-fucking-tastic. Wolverine: Origin was pretty great too.

IMO bro IMO.

Also, he had a pretty damn good run on Peter Parker. Ain't gone lie sinuses started actin up once or twice throughout.

hmm alright ill give him a shot. It's weird though because usually nobody holds him in high regard I always felt he was Fabian Nicieza/Scott Lobdell tier writer

Messi

I'm always the guy that fucks up the self-checkout then has to embarrassingly go to the clerks anyway. Fucking hate it so god damn much. Literally just me fumbling for like 10 minutes then the scanner starts beeping for no reason and I just have to leave.

There is always this one guy. He can't just scan his shit and pay. I assumed it would have been Freeza.

Kipp

Honestly, most of the people you interact with in public librarians aren't even librarians, they're just clerks and support staff--especially when you're checking out/returning.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was actually thinking to myself, "I wonder if I've ever actually talked to the actual librarian..."

I'm always the guy that fucks up the self-checkout then has to embarrassingly go to the clerks anyway. Fucking hate it so god damn much.

I'm a self-checkout pro.

Top Bottom