• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
These Vs books in AvX are fucking terrible and they are dragging the whole thing down, I'm only skimming through them now to see what other ridiculous "wins" they give to Avengers so I can laugh at it

Anyway I'm hoping this picks up when the 5 get possessed, everyone is on the moon now

PsychBat!

Banned
Not going to lie, I was picking up Skottie Young's Oz books from the library and they were located in the kids section. Think lots of 3-5 year olds and their parents. I had an urge to shout "My nephew is visiting".
HAHAHA, oh man. You should totally do it in a library you hardly ever visit.

Zombine

Banned
1574r-010200.jpg

Pretty much lol

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Don't be pull a Kipp and kill my livelihood, support your libraries brah.

Except ironically, Kipp actually uses libraries pretty frequently. However, I also always return my books on time, so I don't support my library with the late fees.
Dammit, I'm the worst.

Kipp

PFFFT. I ain't never used a self-checkout in my life. I don't think I've ever even seen any aside from Home Depot and Target.

Wow. Florida really is a third-world-country.

Edit: Wait, now I can't remember whether or not you live in Florida. I think I might be getting you mixed up with Tyrant Rave again.

tim1138

Except ironically, Kipp actually uses libraries pretty frequently. However, I also always return my books on time, so I don't support my library with the late fees.
Dammit, I'm the worst.

Late fees aren't even a factor in library budgets. Funding comes from local or state levels and a lot of time is dependent on circulation numbers and programming attendance. As long as they can prove they're a valuable service to their community funding should at least stay flat, although the recession in 2008 or whenever killed a LOT of public library systems and probably changed the industry for good.

Zombine

Banned
I used to run 35+ miles a week and weight train 3-5 times a week on top of that. I used to be fit. Shin splints ruined me and now Im flabby :(

Do some low impact stuff!

Don't be pull a Kipp and kill my livelihood, support your libraries brah.

I'll have to check my local one out. I think the last time I had a card was back when I was like 10. I used to always check out the Marvel Masterworks hardcovers.

Wow. Florida really is a third-world-country.

Lol Kipp Freeza is like my ComicGAF neighbor.

hmm alright ill give him a shot. It's weird though because usually nobody holds him in high regard I always felt he was Fabian Nicieza/Scott Lobdell tier writer

He's one of those writers where I'm like "Fuck yeah Jenkins is legit!!" then I realize he's written more than just the 5 things I love of his and I just kinda trail off into the distance quietly.

There is always this one guy. He can't just scan his shit and pay. I assumed it would have been Freeza.

N-No it's not my fault. I-I just want to scan the FUCKING DORITOS BUT THE SCAN TAG IS GONE. PLEEEEASE BELIEVE ME!!!

I dont get shin splints anymore so I'm basically just physically lazy now. Problem is, anytime Im working out, I think to myself, why am I not drawing right now?

So I bought Clip Art Studio Paint a couple of weeks ago. Its basically a really good illustrative program. Thankfully, they've expanded the program to have color functionality since I've always felt drawing in Clip Art Studio/Manga Studio was much better than doing anything in Photoshop. Anyone who is interested in drawing digitally should pick it up.

Here's a panel from my comic. I used Clip Art Studio for inking and greyscale values and photoshop for color and textures. I think Ill be able to use these both to take my work up a notch

JICNTGU.jpg

Fintan

I pretty much only use self-checkouts now since they came into Ireland. Usually much faster than queuing up. Only had the machine not work once or twice.

Kipp

Late fees aren't even a factor in library budgets. Funding comes from local or state levels and a lot of time is dependent on circulation numbers and programming attendance. As long as they can prove they're a valuable service to their community funding should at least stay flat, although the recession in 2008 or whenever killed a LOT of public library systems and probably changed the industry for good.

Very interesting!
Well, in that case, I pay my taxes, so I support my libraries.

Like biking! One thing I don't miss about soccer was that I was sore (not muscles, but just my body in general) after every practice and every game. Too much impact.
Biking though, I'm never sore and it's amazing.

tim1138

Every day I'm thankful I don't work in a public library and am in the private sector and am safe from governments cutting funding and losing my job.

Someone stole my library card and used it to check out like $50 worth of books and never returned them. It went to collections (library never contacted me) and when I tried to explain to them that if they'd just look at my checkout history, they'd see it was shit I'd literally never check out but they didn't care, they just wanted their paper. So I said fuck that and didn't pay.

Owzers

my local library doesn't stock many comics at all and neither do the branches they ship between, i've put in a few requests but i don't think they ever bought the stuff i wanted. I feel unwanted.

I'm going to have to read books with words.

Kipp

Someone stole my library card and used it to check out like $50 worth of books and never returned them. It went to collections (library never contacted me) and when I tried to explain to them that if they'd just look at my checkout history, they'd see it was shit I'd literally never check out but they didn't care, they just wanted their paper. So I said fuck that and didn't pay.

When I was 13, I had like $5 in fees, so for the next two years, any time I went to the library I'd go with my mom and just use her library card so that I didn't have to pay the fees.

California is the place to be, people. ;)

Except it's way too hot and way too expensive.
It was 80 degrees here the other day. That's just stupid.

Fintan

I haven't used my library for a long time, but the last time I was there the only comic they had was a trade paperback of Batman: No Man's Land Volume 1. I read it. It was alright.

Top Bottom