• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

tim1138

thanks for this, at work and my random searches come up empty

interested in quite a few of those

Cliff Chiang on an ongoing I might wanna read tho

And since it's creator owned they can just delay it when he gets behind and not have half of it be Tony Akins fill ins!

tim1138

Wait, so another thing is using the term "Revengeance" non-ironically? Is it a Metal Gear comic?

Nah, Cooke didn't even know the game existed.

And lastly, why Revengeance? I’m interested in knowing both the story behind the title and if you’re aware that it shares its name with a rather frenetic video game.

I did not know about the game. Dang. I thought I was being real clever there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sure the "random recomended comic was as good as it was hyped" posts are getting old by now, but still...

...X-Club #1-5 was fucking awesome.

I need this comic,

Injection Preview
mf5YA6y.jpg

Can the girly hijinks news team go through the image news and pick out the stuff relevant to our club.

Not everything is strictly girly hijinks, but here's some stuff you may dig...

Paper Girls by BKV and Cliff Chiang
Four 12-year old newspaper delivery girls, on the day after Hallowe’en when something strange happen. Matt Wilson on colors. Ongoing series.

Skottie Young's I Hate Fairyland:
It’s called I Hate Fairyland. It’s about a girl who goes to Fairyland and still can’t find her way back home after 30 years. She’s a 40 year old stuck in an 8 year old body, living in world of wonder and magic… and she hates it. A riddling Worm King might be appealing when you’re a child, but to Gerturde, at 40, it’s annoying to the point of madness. How hard is it to just ask a simple question, right?

Alex De Campi and Carla Speed McNeil's No Mercy:
Kids on a trip. College kids, on the way to do charity work abroad, their bus falls off a mountain. It gets worse.

Eric Canete And Jonathan Tsuei’s RunLoveKill:
Lots of running, loving, killing. Choices and consequences. With Asskicking and robots and dinosaurs.

Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda's Monstress:

Jeff Lemire, Emi Lenox and Jordie Bellaire Join For Plutona:
Jeff Lemire and Emi Lenox have worked together before on Sweet Tooth, now they are teaming up with colorist Jordie Bellaire to do a five-issue series called Plutona. Its the story about how five kids discover the corpse of the world’s greatest superhero and how it changes them. Inspired by Stand By Me and Lord Of The Flies.

Thanks for the list, Freeza. Outta those I'm interested in like all of those except for No Mercy.

And I'm really pleased with this new Humble Bundle from Image. I've been wanting to try out Satellite Sam and I also wanted to check out Alex+Ada and it comes with God Hates Astronauts so I'm a happy camper.

fuck my backlog

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I remember loving that original Thunderbolts run, lets search for that on Marvel Unlimited, sure would be cool to read it again...

Glee1.gif

First Punisher not up, now Thunderbolts. Unlimited my ass :(

Owzers

Man, I remember loving that original Thunderbolts run, lets search for that on Marvel Unlimited, sure would be cool to read it again...

First Punisher not up, now Thunderbolts. Unlimited my ass :(

Did you read Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts run? If no, do.

Rhaknar

Did you read Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts run? If no, do.

that, at least, seems to be up. If my google-fu is correct, Ellis's run starts at #110 which is up on MU. its the 1 to 99 that seems to be mostly gone for whatever reason. Anyway, added #110 to the queue

also added Venom #1 (2011), by Remender. I believe this is the agent venom suff you guys recomended? Its not actually called Agent Venom tho

GAMEPROFF

Banned
that, at least, seems to be up. If my google-fu is correct, Ellis's run starts at #110 which is up on MU. its the 1 to 99 that seems to be mostly gone for whatever reason. Anyway, added #110 to the queue

also added Venom #1 (2011), by Remender. I believe this is the agent venom suff you guys recomended? Its not actually called Agent Venom tho
Yeah, Venom = Agent Venom ;)

Rhaknar

my AvX adventures will continue tonight at work... I... I cba reading it at home, thats where I read the good stuff >_>

man, Ive read a lot of stuff since getting the phone / the MU sub. Fun times.

I might have to jump on some old deadpool or something, for personal reasons which there is no need to get into here, I could really use something funny to cheer me up :/

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So if I want to read Secret Wars, do I need to start with Avengers #40? It's the first time I've seen SW on a cover.

So if I want to read Secret Wars, do I need to start with Avengers #40? It's the first time I've seen SW on a cover.

Secret Wars is the culmination of Hickman's entire Avengers run so you should really read all of it. I'd also recommend his Fantastic Four run which led into Avengers.

Drayco21

Drayco because he's my Marvel Heroes bro and he has imaginary friends
q19B9.gif

I know I really liked the whole run. About halfway through, Cullen Bunn takes over the book, and while there's a notable drop in objective quality, I thought it got a lot more fun. Dumb fun stuff like a Symbiote Car and Flash getting a teen sidekick. Last time I tried to talk about it was when it was still running, but it seemed the general mood of the thread was negative on it. I'd still recommend giving it a read, at least until you lose interest in it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Secret Wars is the culmination of Hickman's entire Avengers run so you should really read all of it. I'd also recommend his Fantastic Four run which led into Avengers.
I've read his Avengers up to the end of Original Sin. I should just make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'll check out his Fantastic Four run as well.

but you should still read Avengers #40 because that shit is going to blow this forum the fuck up.
I don't read this thread too often, unfortunately. I'm usually behind, and worry about spoilers. I buy issues the day they come out, but it usually takes me a while to actually get to read them.

Paul Jenkins is taking over spawn? Ugh. I mean Brian wood wasn't the greatest choice in the world but at least he would have done a fresh take. Today's announcement really killed my hype for the pseudo reboot.

Nudull

Banned
Paul Jenkins is taking over spawn? Ugh. I mean Brian wood wasn't the greatest choice in the world but at least he would have done a fresh take. Today's announcement really killed my hype for the pseudo reboot.

I'll take Jenkins over Wood any day. I'm actually excited for the Spawn relaunch, now.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Question about Frank Miller's Daredevil. Should I start with the omnibus, or should I read Born Again or Man Without Fear first?

100% definitely read the omnibus before Born Again. Man Without Fear could go before or after, but it's an origin story, so it'd be best to read it before.
So to reiterate, Man Without Fear -> Omnibus -> Born Again.
You're in for a good time!

Nah, Cooke didn't even know the game existed.

That is absolutely hilarious.

What would you say are Jenkins best works? Because from little I've read of his I didn't find it all that great.

Regardless of how people feel about the character, his original "The Sentry" mini was fucking phenomenal. UGGH and his Inhumans mini. Both were fan-fucking-tastic. Wolverine: Origin was pretty great too.

IMO bro IMO.

Also, he had a pretty damn good run on Peter Parker. Ain't gone lie sinuses started actin up once or twice throughout.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I hope they reprint the Miller Companion with Born Again around the time the Netflix show starts...

Me too. I desperately, DESPERATELY want the Companion omnibus to get a reprint due to the show. And the Elektra omnibus.

hi guys, newbie advice needed, after advice from this thread I read my first graphic novel - new avengers breakout and really enjoyed it

I want to continue but am unsure how it progresses logically, would the next one to seek out be The Sentry?

Also Breakout is classed as volume 1 or 1-6 is that because originally it would have been 6 comics and then combined into one graphic novel?

Sorry to sound silly im still getting my head around jt

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Me too. I desperately, DESPERATELY want the Companion omnibus to get a reprint due to the show. And the Elektra omnibus.

Yes, also I hope for a Simmons Thor Omnibus Reprint around the time, the Thor: Ragnarok Movie drops.

Born Again was such an amazing read, its really my most one of my most anticipated books in 2014.

Top Bottom