• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

I just read "Joe The Barbarian" and thought it was one of Grant Morrisons best works. Just a well thought out, well executed, wildly imaginative story that has to be his most accessible script. Reminded me so much of my childhood with all the toys. Sean Murphys art is glorious, nothing else needed to say about that.

Touché.. I liked it a lot.

Duress

I'm reading Supergods by Morrison. It's a mix of biography and comic book history. So far, it's been pretty good. I just wish there were art pages, to go with his descriptions. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no love for World War Hulk / Planet Hulk? nobody suggested it and I always thought the idea of it was cool

CBTech

no love for World War Hulk / Planet Hulk? nobody suggested it and I always thought the idea of it was cool

I actually hear nothing but good things about Planet Hulk when it comes to the comics. I watched the animated movie and really didn't like it. That being said I don't like the Hulk. I want to since I like the concept of Banner trying to deal with this savage monster inside of him, but at least in recent portrayals he seems too intelligent for my taste. Makes it seem weird that people are still afraid of him.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Kinda don't want to read anymore comics since I read Squirrel Girl. It was just that good.
It killed Comics for you? Thats sad to hear :/

Watched the first two Episodes of Peggy Carter. Really liked her chemistry with Jarvis. I am really looking forward to the Peggy Carter Comic.

tim1138

You know Messi likes Squirrel Girl because he only bought one copy of it. If he hated it he would already have at least three copies.

ReAxion

[ten years in the future, documentary about the demise of comics]

"So what happened?"

"I dunno. After Squirrel Girl, everyone just kinda went home."

tim1138

Hickman variant for Nameless #1

Nameless04.jpg

Reading Axis, got up to issue 3 and it saddens me to say that it seems to be of Fear Itself quality. I am intrigued to see where it goes though and as a Marvel fan I'm gonna keep going with it and see what happens. I have some faith in Remender's writing even though it is a big event.

On another note, started reading Batman Court of Owls last night and it is really gripping, fantastic writing and the art is stunning (I've also picked up the Unwrapped edition and it is a thing of beauty). I cannot wait for an inevitable Snyder and Capullo omnibus or even better an Absolute edition to be released...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought WWH lead to PH not the other way around, interesting

PsychBat!

Banned
The Nick Fury story is so wacky. There's so much shit going on in his life considering what went on in Secret Warriors and the shit he did regarding Original Sin.

It's pretty good.

Owzers

MU sub ending so i read All New X-Men #26, the oversized issue by a bunch of artists. I got an ipad wallpaper candidate out of it but outside of that, it was a very weak issue of what-if one-page things by different artists.

Rhaknar

MU sub ending so i read All New X-Men #26, the oversized issue by a bunch of artists. I got an ipad wallpaper candidate out of it but outside of that, it was a very weak issue of what-if one-page things by different artists.

All New X-Men is the one with the original 5 time traveling to today to see how much of a fuck up Cyclops becomes or something?

Another one to the queue I guess!

On another note, started reading Batman Court of Owls last night and it is really gripping, fantastic writing and the art is stunning (I've also picked up the Unwrapped edition and it is a thing of beauty). I cannot wait for an inevitable Snyder and Capullo omnibus or even better an Absolute edition to be released...

Definitive Batman of our time. Followed closely by Tomasi's Batman and Robin.

Hickman variant for Nameless #1

Hey, the book is $2.99 too. Good on them for that.

I just read "Joe The Barbarian" and thought it was one of Grant Morrisons best works. Just a well thought out, well executed, wildly imaginative story that has to be his most accessible script. Reminded me so much of my childhood with all the toys. Sean Murphys art is glorious, nothing else needed to say about that.

I'm going to take the sillymonkey approach here and say I didn't like it. It just didn't grab me the way most of Morrison's books do. Maybe it felt like a poor-man's version of those rad portions of The Unwritten with the fairytale creatures (and the swearing bunny!).

Rhaknar

Woo Superior Foes of Spider-Man IS on MU, #13 was uploaded totoday. I fucked up the search last time when you guys recommended it, or well the app is stupidly picky, it's actually called THE superior foes. Anyway, excited! Also new issue of All New X factor and Captain Marvel, also Magneto aand Daredevil (2014) but I haven't started yet. Man I love MU, deffinately going to resubmit for now.

Oh also Spider-Man 2099 #1, going to add it because I loved the original

Top Bottom