• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

JEKKI

nooooooo~~!!! does anybody read Ghost?

that Dark Horse joint??

I started at issue 9, and it's really good!!

but I jus finished 11 and it's ending at 12!

;_;

just like Robot Magnus Fighter, all my favorite overlooked books that I'm LTTP on end up getting canceled!

I'm glad I jumped onto Resurrectionists at #1, it's also real good! but I worry it wont last long too...

Some gossip from Rich Johnston, oddly published on a celebrity-focused site instead of his own. Honestly, only the sixth and seventh items interest me much, but YMMV.

1. Which British cartoonist attending a recent convention took it upon himself to re-introduce his preferred pen of choice to an American A-List Big Two comic creator? To the response from his colleagues that he was a) seriously batting out of his league again and b) does that mean his girlfriend is now available? No it does not.

2. Which comics editor moved from one of the Big Two publishers to the other, only to find that his new job suddenly no longer existed and the previous publisher didn’t want him back?

3. Which American comics editor with a taste for the British has been plying her luck with the rising British talent? But not to the extent that she’d actually give them any work as a result? She does have a reputation to consider after all.

4. Which comics executive made a massive clanger in the digital comics sphere trying to look after old friends, and may have lost many creators thousands in lost royalties as a result?

5. Which comic book creator discovered on the stands a comic book they had partly drawn (and been paid for) but seemingly abandoned was completely redrawn as an entirely different work-for-hire comic book by another artist from the same script?

6. Here’s the #ComicsGate waiting to happen (journalism rather than misogyny) – which writers draft press releases for Big Two panels at comic conventions – then write the very same panel reports for big comics news websites?

7. And the other #ComicsGate waiting to happen (misogyny rather than journalism) – which comic creator, who has berated others for their sexist attitudes and action , created a comic strip at college about bedding a fellow student who rejected their advances, then submitted it as coursework, much to the subject’s objections, justifying the inclusion of the work through free speech?

8. Which Big Two executive with a reputation for harassment (and a human resources file to match) came out as gay (Page Six One Six passim), saw his past behaviour interpreted as overcompensation – but now seems to be straight again?

MG310

Looks like we might be getting the Special Edition NYC announcement tomorrow?

@lfensterman
I think I feel a pretty epic #ReedPOP announcement coming on. Maybe tomorrow. Keep watching the sky!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys xmen 100th anniversary is up on MU. Should I read it? Wasn't this the comic you all thought was the worst ever?

Ooooh spidey 2099 is there. Hype!

I read it, it's awful. I don't even understand what those 100th anniversary books are

Ya know all new Xfactor the last couple issues (I'm talking MU so 8+) is finally hitting its stride. It's a shame it's cancelled but I think Peter david took way too many issues to get going, and I still don't like the uniforms. But his funny banter with the characters have finally showed back up.

Ya know all new Xfactor the last couple issues (I'm talking MU so 8+) is finally hitting its stride. It's a shame it's cancelled but I think Peter david took way too many issues to get going, and I still don't like the uniforms. But his funny banter with the characters have finally showed back up.

Hey, maybe Marvel will uncancel it if Peter David shits on his fans some more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh x-factor is officially canceled? Oh well I liked it, but I'm a Danger
and Gambit
fanboy

Catwoman 40 cover. The suit is back!

B4_x0UkCYAABi-p.jpg

My first Instocktrades order arrived today, it was packaged better than you guys let on. Without a doubt it is going to be my go to for all trades going forward. It has been eons since I have picked up comics (15 yrs or so). Here is what I picked up.

92bOUqn.jpg

Brubaker writing crime and spy stories is when he's at his best.
Yea every time he tried super hero books it was baad. That xmen run? Ewww

But man i miss when DC had Brubaker and Rucka running a good portion of their books. Batman, detective comics, catwoman, Gotham central, checkmate, Wonder Woman. Aahhhhh. All awesome

Yea every time he tried super hero books it was baad. That xmen run? Ewww

But man i miss when DC had Brubaker and Rucka running a good portion of their books. Batman, detective comics, catwoman, Gotham central, checkmate, Wonder Woman. Aahhhhh. All awesome

He can write superhero books so long as it's something street-level, like Daredevil or the books you mentioned. His DD run was up there with Bendis.

Goodness gracious, just read Vol 1 of Southern Bastards and that was really, really good. Jason Aaron is masterful in his storytelling and Latours art is just perfect for the setting. What was the most recent issue? I might have to catch up and put this on the pull list.

Rhaknar

And I'm done with AvX. Whew that was long. Actually didn't feel that long about mmidway through. I liked it, I thought it was fine. I finally got to see Scott's downfall, which was fun. The best parts were, unsurprisingly, the WATXM books, although a couple of new Avengers were cool, and most of the main AvX books also.

I liked the iron fist angle, I don't know if Danny is a personal favorite of Bendis or something, but making his lore a big part of the event was fun and unexpected. I'm sad that kid gladiator is gone but that's a WATXM problem not a AvX problem. In the end Scott didn't seem to feel that bad about the whole thing and even said he would do it again when he finds out there's new mutants, so I guess it was him all along in there. Corrupted, sure, but not possessed. It was uneven and there were some really low points but overall I enjoyed it. Might be the 12 years away from comics, hence away from events.

And now I can jump on those Marvel NOW #1s which is exciting

Edit: also, yo Magik is a crazy bitch and I love it. That's fucked up what she did to Colossus

frye

Goodness gracious, just read Vol 1 of Southern Bastards and that was really, really good. Jason Aaron is masterful in his storytelling and Latours art is just perfect for the setting. What was the most recent issue? I might have to catch up and put this on the pull list.

You're just 2 behind I think, latest issue was 6

PsychBat!

Banned
And now I can jump on those Marvel NOW #1s which is exciting
Have fun. All I can recommend from the Marvel NOW titles is the following. I know you're going to read Uncanny and All New X-Men so yeah. (and whatever other x-book out there)

Thor: God of Thunder
Avengers
New Avengers

Aaaaaaand that's it, I guess. I would recommend Superior Spider-Man as well but I have no idea if it's for new readers trying to get in to Spider-Man.

Just don't read Guardians of the Galaxy. Do if you feel like you must.

Rhaknar

Oops wasn't fully done with AvX yet, these Consequences books are awesome, I'm loving Prison-Cyke

otapnam

hey i just read thru spiderverse - at least i think most of it and then i remembered where i know morlun from, back in the straczisnki era. can anyone answer
why peter doesnt remember that he used radiation to defeat him the first time?

Top Bottom