• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

PsychBat!

Banned
hey i just read thru spiderverse - at least i think most of it and then i remembered where i know morlun from, back in the straczisnki era. can anyone answer
why peter doesnt remember that he used radiation to defeat him the first time?
Dan Slott created stupid pills for every character and they secretly take them every time before an issue starts. I say this as a fan of Dan Slott.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It just shows how he gets out of prison, I honestly liked it.

No joke, these 5 issues were my favorite part of the event lol. But aparently the Uncanny #1 with the bad ass X on the face costume, magneto in the white costume and slutty magik is NOT right after AvX?

It only mentions All New X-Men, Cable and the x-force and Uncanny Avengers as new books at the end of it

Have you read the tail-end of post-Schism UXM yet?

I read Uncanny from post schism (so the rebooted #1) up to whatever issue AvX ends on, #20 I believe. I thought the next reboot was now like I said but aparently not

Why do you ask?

PsychBat!

Banned
huehuehuehue
age-of-apocalypse-2015-110690.jpg

frye

I read Uncanny from post schism (so the rebooted #1) up to whatever issue AvX ends on, #20 I believe. I thought the next reboot was now like I said but aparently not

Why do you ask?

Nah, just wondering. Those were by my money the best things to come out of AvX by far

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That X-Men '92 is dope. Looks awesome. Actually getting hyped for the event, hopefully it lives up to all these posters.

Made up a little framed comics-related thing to put up at home last night, figured you lot might get a kick out of it.

Next step is turning this into a set of painted canvasses:

hey i just read thru spiderverse - at least i think most of it and then i remembered where i know morlun from, back in the straczisnki era. can anyone answer
why peter doesnt remember that he used radiation to defeat him the first time?
It wouldn't matter
the inheritors have an endless supply of clone replacements. Also Morlun came back anyway and they fought again during the Spider-Man the Other event and "killed" Peter. Although his "Other" form was able to incapacitate Morlun.

otapnam

It wouldn't matter
the inheritors have an endless supply of clone replacements. Also Morlun came back anyway and they fought again during the Spider-Man the Other event and "killed" Peter. Although his "Other" form was able to incapacitate Morlun.

haha. man. I am so behind lol

Hnnnngh.

AV Club: Exclusive DC preview: Justice League United #8 wipes out The Legion Of Superheroes

DC’s New 52 hasn’t been kind to The Legion Of Superheroes. After launching two new Legion-centric titles at the very start of the New 52 reboot, DC canceled both books and left the characters floating in 31st-century limbo. They’ve recently returned in the current arc of Jeff Lemire’s Justice League United, teaming up with the heroes of the present day to put an end to a cosmic conflict that will have major repercussions in the future. The potential consequences of their failure are highlighted in this preview of next week’s issue #8.

Newcomers to the Legion can get a quick primer with this preview, which details the origin of DC’s future superteam and spotlights the expansive cast of colorful characters that make up the group. Artist Neil Edwards, inkers Jay Leisten and Keith Champagne, and colorist Jeremy Cox deliver some of this title’s most impressive visuals yet in these flashbacks, particular in the dramatic group shots. The art strikes just the right balance of realism in the linework with more sensational elements in the design and layouts, grounding the story without diminishing the more fantastic aspects. Significant changes to DC’s line are expected following this spring’s Convergence event, and with the current Justice League United plot ending just before Convergence, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see events from this current storyline lead to a new Legion Of Superheroes series.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The S.H.I.E.L.D. comic doesn't take place within the MCU/follow the same storylines right? It's just got the same characters from the TV show?

I feel so behind in the comic world,, still have a good amount of floppies I haven't read from the last week or so. 5 or 6 hc/tpb's to read.
Had to catch up on like 15+ pages in the comicgaf forum
And It was a pain in the ass looking and driving back and forth to the Chicago area for a car took up a lot of time hunting for one, but finally found one (on my birthday too !:) )

And now I am starting to order like 60% of my pull list through DCBS, I have to find away to not spend so damn much,, or cut back on books.

Lots of new good looking books coming out.
I went a little overboard with all these new #1's... but they're all discounted so that makes it ok!?

Hit 1957 #1 mini series is coming out,, I loved the first mini series they did last year,, cant suggest it enough to yous guys.

Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return #1.. I have no idea if itll be any good,, but I must buy!

Decender #1 looks good.

The Surface #1 by Ales Kot.

Suiciders #1

The Empty #1

D4VE #1

Curb Stomp #1 looks pretty cool.

Black Hood #1

Messi

I thought so. I guess it makes sense as you can't have them knowing all about Spider-Man and the X-Men in the comic and not in the show, it's just weird that they'd use the characters in another setting like that. I mean, it's not really the same people at that point so why bother?

Money.

I thought so. I guess it makes sense as you can't have them knowing all about Spider-Man and the X-Men in the comic and not in the show, it's just weird that they'd use the characters in another setting like that. I mean, it's not really the same people at that point so why bother?

It's cashing in on hype. You're going to have a subsection of the audience who will buy something solely because it's related to something that is topical or relevant at the moment. Marvel is becoming quite adept at taking advantage of that fact: it's why they'll charge $4.99 for a #1 because fuck you you'll buy it anyways and why they'll make a dozen variant covers for #1s because fuck you you're going to buy those too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ok, another quick question. I remember seeing a comic in a shop a few years back about a boy that survives an accident and comes to realise that he is immortal/Jesus. I remember a few more details, but they are spoilers, ie
that he's actually the antichrist
. My question is, what is this book and is it worth me tracking it down to read it now that I've remembered it?

Edit: I figured out what it was - it was Chosen, which is now American Jesus.

I feel so behind in the comic world,, still have a good amount of floppies I haven't read from the last week or so. 5 or 6 hc/tpb's to read.
Had to catch up on like 15+ pages in the comicgaf forum

Yo. ThyComicBro,

Real talk: It's 5 pages of Messi and 10 of others.

Also, better catch up or you're gonna fall out of the big league comic game. All sorts just waiting to pull you down and take your place.

Ok, another quick question. I remember seeing a comic in a shop a few years back about a boy that survives an accident and comes to realise that he is immortal/Jesus. I remember a few more details, but they are spoilers, ie
that he's actually the antichrist
. My question is, what is this book and is it worth me tracking it down to read it now that I've remembered it?

Edit: I figured out what it was - it was Chosen, which is now American Jesus.
I loved the book personally. It's got fantastic art from the guy who draws Unwritten and it's a pretty interesting story. It's also lacking in typical Mark Millar indulgence. I recommend it especially since you can get for cheaper probably

I'm gonna read Star Wars #1 at night in bed with the glow of my replica Lightsaber with my Lego Millennium Falcon by my side while I listen to John Williams soundtrack.

Messi

Awesome.

This fucking guy. They're just doing with the Agents what DC did with Harley Quinn. I hear you're a fan.

I don't hold it against Marvel. Get that money while it is on the table. Same for DC they would be crazy to not give harley fans more harley. It's free money.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A few possibilities:

1. Rafa announced as new Axel Alonso
2. Marvel buys DC
3. Kipp the primordial annihilator consumes 616, Galactus style

Top Bottom