• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
from this point forward, lets just assume that every X-Men related book I read, I liked >_>

Just read All New #1 and 2 and really liked them lol :/ sorry but what can I do, im a fanboy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No one's hating on them, that rumor has turned into a long running joke here.

pft everyone here hates the x-men, you cant fool me. starting with the king mutie hater himself, JC. he's like the real world version of those kids from the hellfire club, except he aint rich...or you know, a sociapath

MG310

What if the Uncanny Inhumans thing we saw was a lie and now all X-Men books are called Inhumans! *adjusts tinfoil hat*

Rhaknar

What if the Uncanny Inhumans thing we saw was a lie and now all X-Men books are called Inhumans! *adjusts tinfoil hat*

what if Blackbolt lets out a smirk, and says "Cyclops was right"

Wonder IF Marvel changed the history of Marvel and said the XMen were Inhumans this whole time, could they start using the characters in their movies.

Messi

pft everyone here hates the x-men, you cant fool me. starting with the king mutie hater himself, JC. he's like the real world version of those kids from the hellfire club, except he aint rich...or you know, a sociapath

I love the female X-Men.

Es algo muy grandioso!

Voy a preguntar a mis amigos trabajando en Midtown Comics que es lo que hay!

It's probably the death of the Ultimate U.

They've pretty much announced that already.

Ultimate_Universe_The_End_2015.jpg

Rhaknar

Cyclops wasnt right btw, dude is borderline sociopathic now

I love it

CBTech

from this point forward, lets just assume that every X-Men related book I read, I liked >_>

Just read All New #1 and 2 and really liked them lol :/ sorry but what can I do, im a fanboy

I've been reading All New and Uncanny (2013-) recently. I've really enjoyed them so far. The current story line in All New isn't very interesting, but the rest has been very solid. Uncanny has been good pretty much throughout in my opinion. The current story is really cool. The only negative I have is Bendis having a pretty narrow sense of humor which he puts on all characters.

I think Uncanny (2013-) matches up with All-New around issues 6 of All New then they run is pretty much parallel.

Wonder IF Marvel changed the history of Marvel and said the XMen were Inhumans this whole time, could they start using the characters in their movies.

Like WWE blurring/beeping out any instance of saying "WWF", or they've hired a team of editors to go back through all 14 billion X-Men comics and change the words around.

All instances of "mutant" will instead be "inhuman". Sadly the N-word will still be the N-word when Kitty Pryde says it

1292411-n1.jpg

1903319-n2.jpg

kitty%20eulogy.png

tim1138

I'll be looking forward to exciting new breakout characters like Walt "One Eye" Winters, Jeanne "Firebird" Graye, Drake the Frozenbrah, and Golan the Carcajou!

wait, are those pages real? :eek:

of course they are. She's such a damn drama queen, look at her run away from Stevie all melodramaticaly. But my all-time favorite Kitty Pryde panel is that hilariously fist-clenching teen angst from UXM #200. Even funnier in the context that the X-Men are in the middle of a big ass battle with Sentinels.

Maybe+she+misses+her+old+glasses....jpg

It isn't fair!

Rhaknar

can we talk about what maters for a second?

why does every girl want to get on Iceman's popsicle?

Zombine

Banned
all-new-x-men-13-kitty-m-word-jewish-speech2.jpg

I'll paint my own narative for Kitty. You can't really blame a writer for a scene that falls flat because they're out of touch. I would say that this is a particular moment when X-Men under Bendis was still good, and he clearly painted a scene where she is aware of her privilage, and just doesn't say the N word out of context.

Blame the writer, not the mutant. Weak sauce all around.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I know I am standing on thin ice and I would rather make this discussion in my native language since I can get in the danger to say something that I didnt exactly mean since I wanted to express something different, but in the context of the whole page, I do
Kitty got called a mutie-lover before that panel and her dance teacher wanted her to calm down because of that, so she freaked out and this panel happened. The teacher of course didnt know that Kitty was a mutant, too, so she had no idea that she would freak out.

I dont appricipated the words she choose and but when you know where she is going from and what she wanted to say with it and I can kinda understand her.

I hope you understood what I mean. Of course, my view on this can be the wrong, too, but you should know I would never ever call a black person a nigger, this is a absolute no go for me and I get really aggressive when people choose their words for minoritys in such an rassist way. I can just understand where Kitty is coming from with this, even whem I hate what she said.

Oh boy, I feel kinda bad now, I hope you guys dont get me wrong :(

Drayco21

I continue to hope that Marvel isn't building to a reboot with Secret Wars. A big part of the appeal of Marvel to me is the stupid amounts of lore, still canon side stuff and the depth of the world, and they'd just make the comics even more MCU like with a reboot- that's the last thing I want.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I continue to hope that Marvel isn't building to a reboot with Secret Wars. A big part of the appeal of Marvel to me is the stupid amounts of lore, still canon side stuff and the depth of the world, and they'd just make the comics even more MCU like with a reboot- that's the last thing I want.
I think all the END!!!! Stuff makes it quite obivious that they dont reboot and are just toying with us.
Its a thing everybody expect always. It was expected after AvX, after Age of Ultron and was expected after Time Runs Out. And it never happened.

Its just a trope at this point, so I think, they make is so obivious that it will definitly not happen. Still, I have a bad feeling about this.

frye

Taken in isolation, the parallels between mutants in the MU and the x/y/z struggle are fine and can even be quite poignant to, especially, young people where the reality is coated with enough fantasy that it becomes bearable. The problems come in when you fly too close to the sun and say that mutants are equivalent to x/y/z which... it doesn't take a genius to see how easily that falls flat. Don't write your pet character throwing out slurs to make a point yo

:lol at all these Kitty Pryde pages. for a character who's written as "writer's girlfriend," she sure does love saying the N-word!

also this, Kitty is tremendously bad and it creeps me out how many writers clearly wanted to fuck her when they were 13 or w/e

We'll know when the Marvel reboot happens because the promos for the event'll say shit like "everything will be the same anymore," "nobody dies," and "the comic book event you can totally just skip an just read scans of online instead."

Isak_Borg

$9.99 $19.99 $39.99 $59.99 $99.99 $199.99 $299.99 $399.99 FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS!!!

I'm amazed the industry continues to bully it's customers into higher prices on a yearly basis, it's just not sustainable if you want a healthy comic industry.

Hopefully folks will migrate to smaller publishers/digital releases that are moderately priced.

Also BUY WRENCHIES.

Zombine

Banned
I'm amazed the industry continues to bully it's customers into higher prices on a yearly basis, it's just not sustainable if you want a healthy comic industry.

Hopefully folks will migrate to smaller publishers/digital releases that are moderately priced.

Also BUY WRENCHIES.

It's just going to cause more people to migrate toward buying marvel titles second hand digitally for 60% off. Nobody wins.

Top Bottom