• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Drayco21

I'm the only one who fell in love with Thor 1.

Thor might be my favorite non-Avengers Phase 1 movie. I still think it did a lot of really fantastic things, and my only real complaint is that they didn't do enough to justify or flesh out Thor and Jane's romance.

I thought Dark World was the biggest disappointment in the MCU so far though- hopefully Ragnarok brings it back around.

PsychBat!

Banned
I... appreciate Thor 2 more now that I sat through another viewing with friends of mine. I like it, I think it's better than one other phase 2 movie but it's not anywhere better than Thor 1.

Iron Man 1 > Cap 2 > GOTG > Iron Man 3

the rest are either sleep-worthy or shouldn't even be seen imo. They even made me write-off Thor until I read that god of thunder book.

I... appreciate Thor 2 more now that I sat through another viewing with friends of mine. I like it, I think it's better than one other phase 2 movie but it's not anywhere better than Thor 1.

It's OK, PsychBat!, no on is going to think less of you if you say you hated Iron Man 3 because the Mandarin twist was dumb.

Eh, I enjoyed them all, none of them offended me anyway. I watch maybe 5 movies a year so take that with industrial quantities of salt. Just got buried under a mountain of "You NEED to watch this." stuff and had a total shutdown, so I watch practically nothing now. Can't get into binge-watch culture at all.

Even with Game of Thrones ("YOU'RE OUR D&D DM YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!"), I started over a year ago and I'm only just finishing Season 2 now. An episode every three weeks or so is the best I can do. I get bored sitting in front of a screen unless I'm interacting with it. I still bought a Chromecast and I've been waiting three days for a Roku, because I never learn. Generally I just watch the pilot and I'm like "Okay, I get it now." and never pick it up again. I am the reason why Image #1s poll so highly.

I've seen most of the classics (around 85% of the IMDB Top 250, not the best metric but the best one I can think of) but that was in my WoW days, where it was literally wake up, work, WoW, food, WoW, late night movies, more WoW, two hours sleep, repeat.

PsychBat!

Banned
It's OK, PsychBat!, no on is going to think less of you if you say you hated Iron Man 3 because the Mandarin twist was dumb.
I didn't like Iron Man 3 because of that Mandarin twist, that was the only part of the movie I enjoyed. I didn't like the 90s action movie style they went with.

living the dream, shards

I don't miss much about those days, except my lustrous head of long hobo hair. Balding at 27 really brings that home. Last haircut ahead of the new job last week, hairdresser says "Would you not think about shaving it?"

Sad times. Sad, sad times. I'm not ready to be dollar store Moby.

I don't miss much about those days, except my lustrous head of long hobo hair. Balding at 27 really brings that home. Last haircut ahead of the new job last week, hairdresser says "Would you not think about shaving it?"

Sad times. Sad, sad times. I'm not ready to be dollar store Moby.

the right side of my hairline is thinning a little bit. My hair is short anyway so not really that noticeable unless you looking at both sides my head somehow but damn tho I'm too young for that Charles Xavier look ya feel me my nigga

tim1138

Real talk, I care so little for Cap as a character I don't even acknowledge he was created by the King. In my mind it was all Joe Simon.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I like Iron Man 2 and 3 better than 1.
*brofist*

I like Iron Man 2 better than 3.
I was so disappointed when I came out the cinema after this movie. I went almost insane watching The Avengers, I never saw such an amazing superhero movie before. And the next one was so disappointing.

What a luck that we have all dat Marvel movies, without Avengers, I would not have returned to comic books :)

PsychBat!

Banned
hih04jq.jpg

Sonic/Mega Man sale at CMX.

How lost will I be if I just read Worlds Collide? Is Sonic Genesis good if I really liked Sonic the Comic UK when I was a kid?

i hope Secret Wars is a 52 issue miniseries event by every writer at Marvel.

A $4.99 weekly would break me.

Also, Hickman and Brevoort said in an interview today there would be no Avengers or New Avengers in May or June. Movie-friendly relaunch coming in July? One of Marvel's FCBD books is "Avengers #1", could be a new series? Probably just the first issue of Hickman though.

Top Bottom