• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

So Punisher MAX is on sale on comixology, and the sale includes the volumes from 2000-2001, Marvel Knights 2001-2003, and 2004-2009.

I've already read Welcome Back Frank, which I think is the 2000-2001 volume. Is the Marvel Knights 2001-2003 version worth getting? I vaguely remember reading a trade where the Punisher blows Wolverine up, leaving only his skeleton, and thinking it was kind of dumb.

I think I've heard that the 2004-2009 is the definitive stuff to get though. At least 1-60, because 61 onwards isn't Garth Ennis. Is this correct? Do I need 1-60 of the 2004-2009 Punisher Max in my life?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was that Shuri on the latest Ultron trailer? :eek:

Zombine

Banned
Ultron still looks corny as hell to me. My hype is low. The Hulk CGI looks wack as hell too. I swear that "Hulk pushing car" scene has anti aliasing on it.

Boogiepop

So my IST box arrived today, carrying with it 4-6 of the Ultimate Collections for Exiles, Turtles in Time, and the second Hickman FF omnibus! Hooray! However... random ebay seller (MovieMars) just sent an email this morning saying "we're still working on it, if you want to cancel that's cool" pretty much in more business-y language in regards to the first FF omnibus. Might contact them to confirm everything's okay and it's the right item, especially since the listing had a really messed up name.

Also, on a random note, I finally finished off reading through the November Confession thread for last year, so cheers to NTGYK for a successful first run there! Hope to not accidentally miss it till it's already over next time around.

MG310

Meghan Hetrick is drawing a bunch of ladies. Also her drawing table is ridiculous. Seriously, look at this thing - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5MY-inCAAE0CG4.jpg:large

B7MgiwpIQAAs4TO.jpg:large

B7P9TE1IIAElw7z.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/MeghanHetrick

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ultron still looks corny as hell to me. My hype is low. The Hulk CGI looks wack as hell too. I swear that "Hulk pushing car" scene has anti aliasing on it.
Ultron looks pretty shitty. Cant understand why they dont go with Comicdesign. They could even try the Annihilation: Conquest design. Its so timeless and threatening. Espescially when they go with the original Vision Design, wich still looks way more comic book for me.

Mystique is currently in Wolverines.

Zombine

Banned
Ultron looks pretty shitty. Cant understand why they dont go with Comicdesign. They could even try the Annihilation: Conquest design. Its so timeless and threatening. Espescially when they go with the original Vision Design, wich still looks way more comic book for me.

The movie sort of looks like Transformers: Age of Extinction with Marvel super heroes.

Messi

tumblr_mjhqqp6vCZ1qe1x8qo4_500.gif

My wife received a bunch of Copic Markers for Xmas and I showed her all Meghans work and that same desk and my wife was in awe. I think she will have an ongoing after Convergence. Hopefully, they launch Gotham City Sirens with her, again.

I'd be down for this.
You guys don't have to feign suprise

Owzers

Really low, Avengers was just dumb overall and nowhere near its potential, i don't have a lot of hope for Ultron.

We need go back in time ant tell all of our great-grandparents to hold the line at 10 cents.

Drawing the line at 0.09. I can dig it.

The movie sort of looks like Transformers: Age of Extinction with Marvel super heroes.

At least the trailer didn't have "NOBODY CAN SAVE YOU NOW IT'S THE BATTLE CRYYYYYAAAAAGHHWORDS!"

It will be the biggest movie of the year worldwide regardless. Nothing stops this assembly.

Zombine

Banned
On the flip side, my hype for Star Wars is damn near through the roof, and the more I hear about Batman/Superman the more I think they will pull off bringing the DCU to big screens.

Mike McKone Harley. Has he had another project announced since dropping from JLU?

B7QLOb5IgAIa5RI.jpg

Harley spent all that time with those belts and zippers and buttons, yet she couldn't do the last one? Lazy.

Zombine

Banned

Like they've shown next to nothing other than that private screening of the teaser for Batman/Superman, yet it captured the spirit of the characters perfectly. At the very least I expect some wild set pieces and tons of fanboy wank material and fights to make it the best film of 2016. I expect great things out of Suicide Squad as well.

Drayco21

was that Shuri on the latest Ultron trailer? :eek:

My personal guess is that it's either
Death- the location she's in is the same one we see Thor waking up all covered in water in the first trailer and it seems to be tied into Thor learning of Loki stealing the Throne of Asgard and of Ragnarok, and it would help further plant the seeds for the coming of Thanos,
or
It's either a generic Dora/Shuri and it's part of the same plotline as Klaw- I mean, surely Ultron is going to go get Vibranium from Wakanda to upgrade himself.

Ultron is my biggest gripe so far. Holy shit does that form look terrible. Ultron's had so many perfect comic designs- I can't believe they fucked it up. Ultron doesn't need robot lips and teeth, or expressive eyes. Still, I doubt that's his final form, so hopefully we see a less dumb Ultron by the end.

There's a lot to love about that run, with my favorite being:

"Oh shit, maybe populating an entire X-Team of "reformed" villains wasn't the greatest idea."

yeah but there were such a badass team tho

2689011-screen_shot_2012_11_06_at_4.28.04_pm.png

I always love Sabretooth on the left side smiling back at Cyclops, like "you mad breh"

Like they've shown next to nothing other than that private screening of the teaser for Batman/Superman, yet it captured the spirit of the characters perfectly. At the very least I expect some wild set pieces and tons of fanboy wank material and fights to make it the best film of 2016. I expect great things out of Suicide Squad as well.

I'm expecting amazing stuff from Suicide Squad as well.

BvS will be a clusterfuck. It might be an entertaining clusterfuck, but a clusterfuck is what it's going to be. Clusterfuck.

Suicide Squad will be good until Will Smith's goon squad of writers cut it to ribbons. Don't like that guy at all.

Owzers

I kind of agree with him on Avengers. (And definitely agree with him on DA:I).

I am turning into sillymonkey322. :O

We are just selective! I liked Iron Man and Cap Winter Soldier a lot, Guardians a little outside of Ronan being terrible, and Avengers a little less than Guardians. After that......save us from terrible Thor movies Marvel.

edit: I love a lot of what Whedon has done, Buffy, Angel, Firelfy, Astonishing X-Men....but Avengers was just a dumb combination of scenes until the ending fight. The movie had no heart or purpose.

I don't get falling asleep in front of a movie.

The only time I've done that is at Night at the Museum, because the cinema was dark and warm and I hadn't slept for four days (it was around the time of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade launch).

Otherwise, there's far too much noise and light for me, and I leave the radio/podcasts/random episodes of Big Finish Doctor Who I've already heard on when I try to sleep.

I don't get falling asleep in front of a movie.

The only time I've done that is at Night at the Museum, because the cinema was dark and warm and I hadn't slept for four days (it was around the time of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade launch).

Otherwise, there's far too much noise and light for me, and I leave the radio/podcasts/random episodes of Big Finish Doctor Who I've already heard on when I try to sleep.

I have fallen a sleep with my headphones on listening to loud music. I work in a retail environment, I'm so desensitized to noise that it's actually complete silence that drives me nuts.

Top Bottom