• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Sou Da

1421178968731.jpg

Sweet fucking Jesus the Punisher sameface never goes away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah so rereading a bunch of this 90s X-Men/X-whatever stuff that I haven't read about since it was new when I thought it was cool...

X-Men and all offshoots have to have aged the worse of any Marvel teams. Maybe it was because it was the hip thing back then but a lot of this has been, 'yeah I used to think that dude was cool.... Not anymore!' Cable lame as fuck to this very day.

1421178968731.jpg

I nearly spit out my drink opening the new page. This is the most Steve Dillon face ever

Yeah so rereading a bunch of this 90s X-Men/X-whatever stuff that I haven't read about since it was new when I thought it was cool...

X-Men and all offshoots have to have aged the worse of any Marvel teams. Maybe it was because it was the hip thing back then but a lot of this has been, 'yeah I used to think that dude was cool.... Not anymore!' Cable lame as fuck to this very day.

The "Wolverine" effect

Are there any worthwhile marvel unlimited promo codes valid atm? I'm looking more towards monthly promos. I don't want to do any kind of annual membership, because my desire to read and catch up on various comic series comes and goes. An annual membership would feel like a waste of money.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

That actually looks pretty un-Dillon for Dillon to me. Maybe it's his inker or colorist or something. I actually had to look at the signature on that one to see who it was.

Messi

Finished the first book of the strangers in paradise omnibus. It made me cry :(. Can't believe this is only half way done.

Kipp

Finished the first book of the strangers in paradise omnibus. It made me cry :(. Can't believe this is only half way done.

Such good stuff.
Also, how good was that very last issue in the first book focused on Freddie with all the pseudo-Sunday-morning-comics style stuff? I loved that.

Kipp

Kinda
felt sorry for him. But he is still a dick

Yeah, same here.

And I want to like him since he drives a Porsche, but he is a total dick. A hilarious one though.

On a related note, Terry Moore does draw a pretty good 90s Porsche 911.

Messi

Yeah, same here.

And I want to like him since he drives a Porsche, but he is a total dick. A hilarious one though.

On a related note, Terry Moore does draw a pretty good 90s Porsche 911.

Terry Moores art is stunning throughout.

tim1138

I've been reading the new Nova book on Marvel Unlimited, and it's not half bad at all. The first couple arcs were hit or miss, but once Gerry Duggan took over it really improved quite a bit. I just finished the arc with Beta Ray Bill, that especially was a lot of fun. What I wouldn't give for a BRB monthly book...

Tomorrow is the day the highest selling comic of all time will be released. I'm personally buying at least ten copies of Star Wars #1 to pay my way through grad school. After tomorrow the world will be remembered as the time before Star Wars returned and the time after.

1409702_xl.jpg

Well, you learned the hard way, I guess. This is why you always order through IST.

It's not my fault. At least with Amazon I'm getting shit I actually need. IST I always have to do $50+ purchases of exclusively comics. IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

Also I've really been needing to finally catch up on SiP. Always get distracted and have been super busy since classes started. I'll bask in the glory of that thread eventually.

Kipp

It's not my fault. At least with Amazon I'm getting shit I actually need. IST I always have to do $50+ purchases of exclusively comics. IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

Also I've really been needing to finally catch up on SiP. Always get distracted and have been super busy since classes started. I'll bask in the glory of that thread eventually.

You don't need $50+ purchases of exclusively comics? What kind of life are you living?
But for real, I just wait until there's $50+ of comics that I really want and then I order from IST. It's the only way to buy comics.

And I can't wait to hear what you think of all the SiP reading you'll be catching up on!

And I can't wait to hear what you think of all the SiP reading you'll be catching up on!

I'm about a third of the way through book 2. I plow through a bunch every few days. I take a few days off between, though, because that book is an emotional rollercoaster.

I saw Lou Ferrigno at SDCC several years ago. He was trying to make a call on his cell phone outside the convention center and I believe a bunch of people were trying to take his picture lol

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man, I always feel so bad for Lou Ferrigno whenever he's brought up because of the head-fuckerry Schwarzenegger put him through in the 70s.

MG310

Lou Ferrigno is in it too.

Ellen Hollman appears to be playing the exact same character she did in Spartacus.

I've only seen Ferrigno a few times..but I got to see him catch the big scaffold/curtain thing from falling on top of the autographing area at NYCC. His general area always seems to be surrounded by dudes making snide comments about him only coming for the money.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sentinel (2003) #1-12 was shockingly decent. It started off as a bland if inoffensive teen finds robot story but it turns into a nice little Iron Giant-lite almost homage. The faux-anime art was pretty bad but the sentinel itself basically looks like the Marvel vs Capcom design so that's pretty badass. Actually curious about reading the (shorter) 2006 run now, and their stuff in Avengers Acedemy, whenever they join

headshot95

Neo Member
Doom Patrol is some legit shit. Got the omnibus for Christmas and have been reading through it. This is such a good comic, everybody should try and read this at some point.

Nudull

Banned
Anyone kind enough to spare me a Star Wars code? Even with my pull list, it's already sold out and I don't be getting it anytime soon, sooo I'm boned. >.>

Doom Patrol is some legit shit. Got the omnibus for Christmas and have been reading through it. This is such a good comic, everybody should try and read this at some point.

Yeah Doom Patrol is the GOAT. It was such an amazing series and I'm glad I picked up the omni around the time it came out.

Definitely check out the Flex Mentallo mini-series too. It's awesome.

Bii

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow at my LCS with Star Wars #1. I had talked with the owner to see what he's seen and what his customers are saying, and he says the hype is there but just doesn't know how huge of a turnout there will be when the doors open. Here's hoping I can grab a copy and maybe a variant.

Anyone kind enough to spare me a Star Wars code? Even with my pull list, it's already sold out and I don't be getting it anytime soon, sooo I'm boned. >.>

If no one gets to you before I do, you can have my code.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man reading this ooooooooold ass Deadpool book, drawn by Joe Mad, I don't know if it's the early 90s coloring or the lack of hard black lines, but the art looks completely different from like his x-men days later on for example. Guess it can just be he anime-fied his style more and more over the years, but if I didn't know this was him I wouldn't guess it

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow at my LCS with Star Wars #1. I had talked with the owner to see what he's seen and what his customers are saying, and he says the hype is there but just doesn't know how huge of a turnout there will be when the doors open. Here's hoping I can grab a copy and maybe a variant.

If no one gets to you before I do, you can have my code.

It's going to be bigger than when X-Men #1, Youngbloods, x-force, and death of superman hit the stands

Top Bottom