• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

tim1138

Hickman's work for hire stuff for Marvel is good and all, but his creator owned stuff for Image takes it to a whole different level of awesome.

Avengers #40-

He's not coming.

i6P0YJpNVSyni.gif

Great issue.

Isak_Borg

Hickman's work for hire stuff for Marvel is good and all, but his creator owned stuff for Image takes it to a whole different level of awesome.

Nightly News is probably his low point and it's still a fun book.

Fantastic Four is probably one of the best runs in comic history! Up there with Simonson's Thor.

Nightly News is probably his low point and it's still a fun book.

Fantastic Four is probably one of the best runs in comic history! Up there with Simonson's Thor.

I just started Test Patterns and yeah. Nightly News is incredibly built, visually, but a bit of a slog.

You can also see his dialogue tropes at their most transparent.

Isak_Borg

I just started Test Patterns and yeah. Nightly News is incredibly built, visually, but a bit of a slog.

You can also see his dialogue tropes at their most transparent.

I have the nice HC edition of Nightly they put out a couple of years ago and wish they would release the rest of that collection as a huge Omnibus.

I totally forgot about Transhuman which is also pretty weak but I get what he's going for.

I have a funny story I'll share at some point about Test Patterns.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Has there been any movement/news on that Image joint that Hickman was writing and drawing?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Avengers 40
Spider-Verse 2
Miles Morales Ultimate Spidey 9
Walking Dead 136
Star Wars 1
Deadpool 40
Green Lantern Corps 38
Injustice Year 3 16
Batman Eternal 41
AvP Fire & Stone 1-4

My pickups

Isak_Borg

Yeah, I am just waiting for thr second Manhatten Project OHC and will order then Nightly News and Manhatten Project Vol. 2.
Secret Warriors Complete Collection Vol. 1 is already preordered ;)

Get the Omnibus!

I need to get Vol. 2 of his FF Omnibus before it goes out of stock.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
http://michelfiffe.com/?p=5377

Every repurposed charac from Fiffe's Ultimates. So great.

If only he was actually drawing Ultimates, maybe that book wouldn't been so struggle

It's kind of hilariously absurd that the dude's big-two debut isn't with his strongest talent. I have a bunch of his work, and it looks fucking incredible, especially Zegas. Dude is imaginative and stylish as hell, and his coloring is fantastic.

Filthy Slug

heh, well new issues of Copra take long enough as it is. If he was drawing Ultimates as well, that shit would never come out

Yeap.

I wonder if Kot is going to snatch him up for a Zero issue--that'd be a perfect pairing.

CBTech

How responsive is comixology's subscription system? I'm curious because Grayson #6 came out today and is available on comixology but my subscription still hasn't picked it up. Not sure if it is just better to buy the issues myself instead of using the subscription sytem.

Isak_Borg

How responsive is comixology's subscription system? I'm curious because Grayson #6 came out today and is available on comixology but my subscription still hasn't picked it up. Not sure if it is just better to buy the issues myself instead of using the subscription sytem.

You should have received it!

Folks gonna folk!

Does comixology give a discount for subscriptions? Or is it just an auto payment system?

Filthy Slug

got Ian Betram down the pipeline in the meantime thooooo

Man, I usually save Zero as the last book I read the week it comes out in order to digest it better, but I'm going to have to pull a Pax Americana and read it first, last, and then the day after. I hope Bertram's popularity raises with this, and he gets more work. Also, I love that him and Fiffe, two really wild-ass and great artists, are from/currently in Brooklyn.

Star Wars #1 did not dissapoint at all! It might be one of the most immersive comics you read as every characters voice is just engrained in your head, except Messi. Can't wait for the next issue.

ElNarez

Banned
Hickman keeps pushing his dang Cat-Beast agenda which is WRONG and TERRIBLE and KIRBY MADE HIM APE-LIKE, SO I MEAN, YOU DO NOT KNOW BETTER THAN THE KING

#APEBEAST4LIFE

Top Bottom