• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Took a picture of the shelf while I was there, this doesn't have all of their copies in it either:
tumblr_ni6gnmxLKk1qdmrf4o1_1280.jpg

Also saw they added a retro/90s comic mini-section in the shop. Buncha stuff like Youngbloods, foil covers, etc. It's awesome.

Can't wait for convergence to happen so I can read the real Batgirl and Tim Drake with some Cass on the side.

Speaking of which, the best Superboy is coming back:

These Convergence covers are such an ungodly bait and switch.

"So awesome! Can't wait to read…a Frank Tieri comic?"

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Batgirl is boring as fuck.
Even Babs Tarr's delightful art can't make me care about this book. I give it a .50/2.99 and bid it farewell from my pulls.
Yo, seriously, this fucking comic is the definition of vapid. The redesign was great, art is dope, but holy fuck the story is boring. Add Cam to the list of great artists who just can't write.

Grayson #6 - Damn, that was a really cool issue.
I completely forgot to post after reading the annual, but I think Grayson, with Tom King on writing, is telling the best story at DC (outside of Multiversity) currently. Every single issue is is tight, interesting, and smart.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck happened to JC?

see, this is what happens when you hate the X-Men :(

Zombine

Banned
Dudes, gaming side is evil. I said that FEAR looks great on PC and some dude came out of nowhere and called me "fucking blind."

Avengers 40

Seriously Steve? Seriously? With everything that's going down, all you care about is that you get you're pound of flesh. I didn't think Steve Rodgers could get anymore irritating then he was during AvX but the entire incursion event has proven me wrong. Just shut the fuck up Cap and go sit in a corner and let the adults talk.

Messi

I feel like Batgirl needs to fight with a notable villain for a bit. She is fighting with scrubs and it's just not believable considering her past fighting much more known foes.

I'm stuck with Batgirl no matter what as my wife fucking adores it so I may be reading it with some blinders on but I didn't think today's issue was bad. Actually, I thought the last page kinda suggested that there is more than meets the eye to this very out of character Barbara.

Messi

Speaking of FigureGAF, I've already set aside some funds to get more figures/statues. <_<

2015's gonna be an expensive year for me.

I've been preordering way too many hot toys recently and putting money away for others. Age of Ultron will break me.

tim1138

Yo, seriously, this fucking comic is the definition of vapid. The redesign was great, art is dope, but holy fuck the story is boring. Add Cam to the list of great artists who just can't write.

I completely forgot to post after reading the annual, but I think Grayson, with Tom King on writing, is telling the best story at DC (outside of Multiversity) currently. Every single issue is is tight, interesting, and smart.

Babs Tarr's art is definitely a breath of fresh air, I'd like to see her on a relaunched Birds of Prey book with a competent writer. Cameron Stewart can draw the hell out of anything, but a writer he is not.

Messi

Babs Tarr's art is definitely a breath of fresh air, I'd like to see her on a relaunched Birds of Prey book with a competent writer. Cameron Stewart can draw the hell out of anything, but a writer he is not.

God yes, I would be so down for that. Gail Simone? I doubt she would do it though.

Didn't she have editor problems? Not that it excuses a bad run but it also effected Batgirl from the start.

Not sure but it was tied into Brightest Day for a bit (Hawk and Dove...yuck)

Perma? Fuck that's insane. The only perm that didn't surprise me was Jed. He went full EU In a thread and tried to rationalize the KKK as good or some shit.

LOL, he'll be back in a week or so.

Maybe.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58454

Time Ran Out! Presenting the Final AVENGERS & NEW AVENGERS Covers!
This April, the Avengers and the Illuminati face down their final hours. The clock is winding down and the final incursion is upon us. Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at fan-favorite artist Dustin Weaver’s interlocking covers to AVENGERS #44 and NEW AVENGERS #33 – the cataclysmic final issues!

Superstar writer Jonathan Hickman along with blockbuster artists Mike Deodato and Kev Walker bring to a close the epic saga of the Avengers, the Illuminati, and a Marvel Universe on the brink of extinction. The Incursions from parallel Earths from other dimensions have taken their toll on our heroes, and the battle worn Avengers stand ready to face utter decimation.

Before the highly-anticipated SECRET WARS begins in May, close out Jonathan Hickman’s epic Avengers and New Avengers saga with these two, oversized final issues! What changes await Earth’s Mightiest Heroes? Be there when TIME RUNS OUT this April in AVENGERS #44 and NEW AVENGERS #33!

Kev Walker...
no_gif.gif

Bii

I've been preordering way too many hot toys recently and putting money away for others. Age of Ultron will break me.

Yeah, I saw that little preview of Ultron and I'm thinking of getting that too. Maybe I can see it in person at this year's SDCC.

Messi

Yeah, I saw that little preview of Ultron and I'm thinking of getting that too. Maybe I can see it in person at this year's SDCC.

If Scarlet Witch is any way decent I will get her, Black Widow, Cap and Iron Man thus far.

Ordered the Deadpool sixth scale and Star Lord hot toy.

My copy of Star Wars didn't come. :( And this is why I've been moving to Comixology.

Any UK Gaffers use Marvel Unlimited? When I look back at some of the stuff I'd like to read it'll probably cost me a fortune in trades so I was thinking of subscribing. Was wondering how much it works out for a month.

Zombine

Banned
LOL wtf my Abraham Ford figure from The Walking Dead show came, and the look on his face is worth more than the figure itself. Oh my god that is ridiculous.

Edit: Before you guys ask; it's not photographing well. His head is in this looking down position, and he looks sad as fuck.

Top Bottom