• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

LOL wtf my Abraham Ford figure from The Walking Dead show came, and the look on his face is worth more than the figure itself. Oh my god that is ridiculous.

Edit: Before you guys ask; it's not photographing well. His head is in this looking down position, and he looks sad as fuck.

I'm not surprised he looks sad,
someone must have told him he died in the comic.

Nah, been there and done that with Gail on BoP. Give it to a dynamic new writer who'd be a good match for Babs' art.

I fully agree with it, and it should come out along side a Birds of Prey game done in the Arkham engine, just something more colorful to go with Babs' art.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How is Morrison's Zenith?

(And why is he not happy with Rebellion's Zenith reissue?)
I got that awesome
ly fucking expensive
Zenith omnibus and I'll be cracking into it soon, so I'll probably leave my thoughts in here about it.

It would be cool if some of y'all joined me in reading it.

Was it a perma? Shit dude...

I'm interested in this as well. I wanted to try it out but the books are kinda pricey for the amount of pages included so I haven't taken the plunge yet.
Yo, Jedeye AND VJC were perm'd? Fuck, man--I hope that shit ain't true.
can confirm perm'd, PMs sent
Thought that joke was done?

Bii

If Scarlet Witch is any way decent I will get her, Black Widow, Cap and Iron Man thus far.

Ordered the Deadpool sixth scale and Star Lord hot toy.

You don't mess(i) around. I'm going to try and limit myself to three Hot Toys/Sideshow statues this year.

Also, whoever I quoted a few pages back regarding the Star Wars #1 code, PM me and I'll send it to you. On mobile so it's a bit time consuming to backtrack my posts.

so this Hickman fella is a good writer? whats some good Marvel Unlimited stuff to check?

Hickman's awesome. Check out Secret Warriors if you like Nick Fury/SHIELD/Espionage stuff. Not sure how it's collected on MU because it gets spun out of a few other Avengers issues during Secret Invasion before the series proper starts but you should be able to find a reading order for those other books.

Then read his Fantastic Four run including the FF book (Future Foundation) that starts up in the middle of his F4 series. One of my all time favorite runs.

Then read his Avengers/New Avengers series (including the Infinity event).

However you will totally need a reading order for all of these. But it's worth it.

Plus the dude's a big X-Men fan so you should appreciate that. Even gives a prominent role in Avengers to Sunspot and Cannonball.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's too bad PunisherMAX has sameface everywhere. It's one of the best showings of Bullseye ever. He's got a way better dynamic with Frank than Matt.

Messi

JC :(

tumblr_ljr24sb2xC1qzekiko1_400.gif

He posted some fantastic stuff, especially the long posts recently. Stupid way to get banned.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hickman's awesome. Check out Secret Warriors if you like Nick Fury/SHIELD/Espionage stuff. Not sure how it's collected on MU because it gets spun out of a few other Avengers issues during Secret Invasion before the series proper starts but you should be able to find a reading order for those other books.

Then read his Fantastic Four run including the FF book (Future Foundation) that starts up in the middle of his F4 series. One of my all time favorite runs.

Then read his Avengers/New Avengers series (including the Infinity event).

However you will totally need a reading order for all of these. But it's worth it.

Plus the dude's a big X-Men fan so you should appreciate that. Even gives a prominent role in Avengers to Sunspot and Cannonball.

ah someone listed the F4 and FF issues I needed to read some pages back, need to search for it

It's too bad PunisherMAX has sameface everywhere. It's one of the best showings of Bullseye ever. He's got a way better dynamic with Frank than Matt.

I keep forgetting Bullseye Max isn't Ennis, since I could easily see Ennis writing it. Also, I think of alot of Ennis max has no Steve Dillon, so not alot of sameface

Best
and most untimely death in the series. They're going to give that arrow to the head scene to Tyreese instead.

Yeah, I was really disappointed when it happened.
He was one of the better characters.

I really need to catch up with the Walking Dead. Last issues I read were the early Negan ones.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

The real thing Dillon excels at is violence. Man, there's a huge fight in Aaron's Punisher Max between Frank and Bullseye, and it's really brutally choreographed and just fantastic, even with the horseshit faces.

Wait what's wrong with Kev Walker? His artwork in Thunderbolts & New Avengers are good.
His art was good in Thunderbolts but it's horrible in New Avengers. The way he draws Mr. Fantastic, Beast and the others (hell, everyone) makes it seem like they come from the same family tree of generic square jaw mcgraw. And all his female faces are the same. Especially noticeable after all the artists used in the series (Steve Epting \m/ ).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well shit.

And Rhaknar, Hickman is GOAT tier. Don't make me come at you and shame your X-Men books. :p

dude theres no shaming my x-men books. you dont realize the degree of my fanboyism towards X stuff :p

Drayco21

I always thought you lost your avatar when you got perma'd. Damn shame though, JC's a cool dude, hopefully he's not gone forever.

OT: finally out of classes for the day, need to start biting into the week's books.

Cheska

I always thought you lost your avatar when you got perma'd. Damn shame though, JC's a cool dude, hopefully he's not gone forever.

OT: finally out of classes for the day, need to start biting into the week's books.

That's what I thought too, are we sure he's parma'd?

Rhaknar

I might have added EVERY deadpool series to my MU queue o_O

SoilBreak

Banned
His art was good in Thunderbolts but it's horrible in New Avengers. The way he draws Mr. Fantastic, Beast and the others (hell, everyone) makes it seem like they come from the same family tree of generic square jaw mcgraw. And all his female faces are the same. Especially noticeable after all the artists used in the series (Steve Epting \m/ ).

Eh. Agree with you that Walker draw some characters with noticeable square jaws but I definitely don't think his artwork in new avengers is anywhere near being horrible.

Bii

Just now realized that my LCS put SHIELD #2 in my stack of books I picked up today. Probably thought it was Ms. Marvel since she's on the cover.

I should do a better job of checking my books before I pay. :/

Top Bottom