• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

So, um, after reading the latest issue of Jupiter's Legacy (fully knowing that it's a series by Millar), I found myself liking the series enough to actually consider buying it in physical format. Am I a bad person? :(

Isak_Borg

No. Never apologize for loving comics.

Yes

Jesus christ...

I didn't read this comic out of choice had to do it for professional reasons and all I could think of is how lazy the art was and how horrible everything seemed.

It's like Mark Millar makes everything horrible just by his presence.

I usually like Frank Quitely.

Messi

No. Never apologize for loving comics.

Yes

Sorry not sorry for reading all that Catwoman.

Oh and all y'all talking about Star Wars and Avengers you all forgot Klarion dropped another golden scroll today.

Firedrill says we meet in the Irc when shit goes down.

Jesus christ...

I didn't read this comic out of choice had to do it for professional reasons and all I could think of is how lazy the art was and how horrible everything seemed.

It's like Mark Millar makes everything horrible just by his presence.

I usually like Frank Quitely.

Objective comic reviewers yall

Drayco21

Holy shit, Avengers #40. It's only now that we can see the finish line that I truly understand that I don't want Hickman's wild ride to end.

Holy shit, Avengers #40. It's only now that we can see the finish line that I truly understand that I don't want Hickman's wild ride to end.

My reaction to the end:
pZLjI.png

So glad I caught up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Avengers #40... is it still the same "voluem" since the Marvel Now reboot after AvX?

Cheska

Is that the Italian in you showing?

LMAO! Dammit!

Also, going to agree with Korupt's earlier thoughts about Star Wars. It feels like I'm literally reading a script out of the movie. Aaron did a fantastic job capturing the characters, and as someone who hasn't read previous SW comics, I'm glad that this is a good start so far.

Zombine

Banned
LMAO! Dammit!

Also, going to agree with Korupt's earlier thoughts about Star Wars. It feels like I'm literally reading a script out of the movie. Aaron did a fantastic job capturing the characters, and as someone who hasn't read previous SW comics, I'm glad that this is a good start so far.

#IgnoredZombine

Any good ongoing X-Men runs right now? What's a good place to start?

If you haven't read for a few years, start with X-Men: Schism.

If you haven't read either of them before, Morrison's New X-Men (#114-154) and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men (#1-24, Giant Size Special) are quality.

CBTech

Any good ongoing X-Men runs right now? What's a good place to start?

I'm enjoying All-New X-men and Uncanny X-men (2013-). I recently jumped into reading comics and these were two of the series I started with. Bendis can be a little hit or miss though.

My hope is that they make Tales of the Jedi cannon, or once they get comfortable working outside of familiar tales, shape a new version of what I consider to be the "Jedi Bible."

Yo Tales of the Jedi is so fucking good it's not even funny. UnnNnnnnnnNNNNNBNGGgg

JC banned?
MnTZwYv.jpg

Come back soon fam

--

Picked up Henshin at the shop today. Looking forward to getting Grayson and Guardians tonight.

RIP in Piece

tim1138

Read Star Wars, and other than hating how Cassaday draws a lightsaber in motion, it was solid. Like y'all said, it felt like the movies: Vader was a badass, Luke was lame, good stuff all around.

GorillaWithDandruff said:
Yo Tales of the Jedi is so fucking good it's not even funny. UnnNnnnnnnNNNNNBNGGgg

Hell yes, that's like the only EU stuff I like. Bought those omnibi on the cheap last year after Christmas, it was a solid investment.

Top Bottom