• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

I have to get Rat Queens Special for Messi and because the cover looks metal as fuck.

I loved it. Also next month is Sejic's first issue. Yay!

His teenage versions of the Rat Queens were legitimately hilarious. I can't wait to see Betty. But apparently they won't be showing that until the issue is out.

I have to get Rat Queens Special for Messi and because the cover looks metal as fuck.

Looking forward to reading that. Looking forward to Sejic taking over the main series art full-time more though.

It definitely has a better start then injustice imo.

That would not be hard. Apart from the Harley/Arrow issue, the early ones were drivel. Supposedly it's gotten better since then. I did love the game, maybe I will catch up sometime.

All-New Captain America #3 was absolutely amazing. Immonen is drawing the hell out of this while Remender is doing his wacky action scenes and digging and straightening up old continuity hijinks.

Messi

All-New Captain America #3 was absolutely amazing. Immonen is drawing the hell out of this while Remender is doing his wacky action scenes and digging and straightening up old continuity hijinks.

I am really enjoying Sam as Cap. Gonna be sad when it all goes back to normal. Same goes for Thor actually.

Star Wars #1 was the first physical comic I've bought in many years and now I kinda want to go back to physical comics damn it.

01ca095635d57ef43965c3c6a68707efae2aef8b28d24e8315d61a6ed9f7a7ef.jpg

I am really enjoying Sam as Cap. Gonna be sad when it all goes back to normal. Same goes for Thor actually.

Me too. Both are great books with astounding art. The completely different power set for Sam makes for some really cool action sequences. I've really grown to like the character in this run.

In two weeks we get Thor vs Thor so that will be fun.

Messi

Do you guys think that if we get a second injustice game some of the character designs could be inspired by the book? The book also uses characters not in the game. I'd love some of them in a sequel.

Batgirl is boring as fuck.
Even Babs Tarr's delightful art can't make me care about this book. I give it a .50/2.99 and bid it farewell from my pulls.
I read the first issue and the thing that bugged me the most is that was not Babs. I'm not sure who they think they're writing but her demeanor, attitude, and interactions were all completely a different personality. Plus they de aged her and it bugs me. Make another character if this is the story you wish to tell.

She's always been 21 and she still is though. Honestly, I don't think there's anything that off about her characterization either, but it's been put in a book with a waaaay different vibe. And I think it's for the better, personally, but the writing itself doesn't stack-up quality-wise

LosDaddie

Banned
Knightfall's one of the few big Batman stories I haven't read. One day, one day.

The books aren't really expensive for all 3. And they're all kinda thick. I can see why there isn't an omnibus for the event.

I'm trying to get caught up with both DC and Marvel. The next DC event I'll be reading is the Death of Superman omnibus

lol damn. SW #1 AND Avengers 40 both sold out at ma shop. Oh well.

That actually sounds interesting. Will have to hunt down the Omnibuses before they go out of print.

God damn right shit's interesting. This series shifted my SW love from like a 9/10 to a fucking 11. Me gusta mucho.

The Rogue Squadron books are great. It's the only EU canon I got super deep into in an overly nerdy kind of way. It pushes aside all the Jedi / Sith cock fighting and focuses on cool ass space shit.

The comics are cool too.

Hell to the fucking yes. The X-Wing series is amazing. IF WE GOING INTO SW NOVELS DOE I, JEDI IS THE FUCKING GOAT SHIT'S MAAA JAAAAYMMMMMMMMM hUUUUMNNNNGNGngnhgHUHHN (Book is related to the X-Wing series). Iss purty gud.

Those Stormtroopers, man. That part had me shook.

Legit shook?

Cheska

Jesus, you guys are scaring me about Batgirl. I haven't read it yet since I'm catching up on Agent Carter, but now I'm nervous :/

Messi

I think I'm with you, man. I love that art, but the story. I can't, I can't, I CAN'T.

The story is not good, it's just meh. Also Brenden Fletcher told me on twitter today that Harley is not his thing when I asked if she would ever show up. I feel sick.

Cheska, it's the same quality as the other issues. The art is wonderful but the story is average at best.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe #1-4... huh guess I DON'T like everything after all >_>

So yeah I thought it was pretty bad. I remember liking the Punisher one many moons ago, and I'm in a Deadpool mood at the moment, but this did nothing for me. Even putting aside the ridiculous premise, it's just not a fun read, and while Punisher wasn't that far off from his own personal in his version, Deadpool as a ruthless evil murderer just didn't work for me.

Cool Taskmaster art in it at least.

Edit: I actually went and read the old Punisher one to see if it held up and it does in my opinion. Again, ridiculous premise aside of course. And the ending to that one is great too.

Drayco21

Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe #1-4... huh guess I DON'T like everything after all >_>

So yeah I thought it was pretty bad. I remember liking the Punisher one many moons ago, and I'm in a Deadpool mood at the moment, but this did nothing for me. Even putting aside the ridiculous premise, it's just not a fun read, and while Punisher wasn't that far off from his own personal in his version, Deadpool as a ruthless evil murderer just didn't work for me.

Cool Taskmaster art in it at least.

Edit: I actually went and read the old Punisher one to see if it held up and it does in my opinion. Again, ridiculous premise aside of course. And the ending to that one is great too.

The sequels to it only get worse. Bunn's Deadpool is pretty bland even at the best of times.

The Marvel Now run is freaking phenomenal, once you get past the first weak arc, if you're looking for some modern 'Pool. First time since Cable and Deadpool ended that Deadpool's been done with any justice.

Been awhile since I read a comic -__-

Should be getting new issues this Saturday, looking forward to that. Reading all this Star Wars and Avengers hype is getting to me, I should probably read some backlog...

MG310

I still haven't dug into new Batgirl yet, I've had 35 36 and 37 in my bag and have brought them back and forth to work a few dozen times now. Those and the first issue of Ody-C

I was reading through the new ImagineFX and I can't believe they actually gave a paragraph to that hot garbage from a few months ago about cosplayers being the reason artists don't make money at conventions.

Messi

It's okay, Cheska. Just stop buying it, and everything will be fine. I promise.

I wouldn't hold it against her if she enjoys it. I am not dropping it. Korupt was saying his wife loves it.

Wait...no one told me Terry Moore and Humberto Ramos did an arc on Runaways. Am I to assume it is terrible? Is that why you guys hid it from me?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spider-Man 2099 #1, now this was fun. I'm a big fan of villains who act nonchalant (reminded me of Death's Head from the S.W.O.R.D. series) and Spidey 2099 takes me back to the good old days. Is the story that explains why he's in the present worth reading?

Spider-Man 2099 #1, now this was fun. I'm a big fan of villains who act nonchalant (reminded me of Death's Head from the S.W.O.R.D. series) and Spidey 2099 takes me back to the good old days. Is the story that explains why he's in the present worth reading?

Yes, it's from some of the better Superior Spider-Man issues with Ryan Stegman on art.

Superior Spider-Man 17-19

Vyer

I realized I don't think I've ever read a Star Wars comic. If I have, it was either a one shot of some sort or happened long ago.

Fun issue, if a little light. 5 bucks though, damn man....

Zombine

Banned
Those issues were cool. Well lots of Superior Spidey was cool. I miss SpOck and Anna Maria :/

I hope that we find out that she is Puck's daughter and that she's really an X-man.

I realized I don't think I've ever read a Star Wars comic. If I have, it was either a one shot of some sort or happened long ago.

Fun issue, if a little light. 5 bucks though, damn man....

I bent over and I took it. Star Wars makes me do weird things.

Batgirl

That last page though. You guys are not even curious about the person on the phone at the end? it was someone calling her dates phone, with Babs caller ID claiming to be Barbara having secrets. Something is up with this book where the Babs we see is not acting like Babs at all and now we have another Barbara on the phone with the same called ID.

I'm intrigued with it.

I wouldn't hold it against her if she enjoys it. I am not dropping it.

Of course not. Why would a man who endured the entire Nocenti run on Catwoman drop a book that's just boring. It's not abominable yet.

Also, Silver Surfer was great. Next issue is going to be amazing.

Bii

I wouldn't hold it against her if she enjoys it. I am not dropping it. Korupt was saying his wife loves it.

Wait...no one told me Terry Moore and Humberto Ramos did an arc on Runaways. Am I to assume it is terrible? Is that why you guys hid it from me?

I didn't like it. Someone should have stopped me from reading it when Brian K Vaughan was no longer writing it.

frye

I didn't like it. Someone should have stopped me from reading it when Brian K Vaughan was no longer writing it.

Yeah, Runaways is basically diminishing returns with every new creator until maaaybe the Immonen stuff and that gets shelved pretty quick.

Rhaknar

Fuck I forgot about superior spidey, that's the spock run, I wanted to read it even when I wasn't reading comics again. Adding!

This all new captain America you guys are praising isn't on MU, I guess it's too recent. There's a All New Invaders which I haven't added yet, and also a couple of Avengers book I haven't added, one called Avengers World and the other Avengers Undercover

Top Bottom