• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Anyone wants Kotobukiya's 1/6 Batman, he's on sale at Midtown for $59.99..... that's $40 off.
1183751_ful.jpg

Read Star Wars, and other than hating how Cassaday draws a lightsaber in motion, it was solid. Like y'all said, it felt like the movies: Vader was a badass, Luke was lame, good stuff all around.

Any awkward, Splinter of the Mind's Eye Luke/Leia level "we don't know we're related" stuff?

My roommate asked me if I wanted it. I almost caved. Even at $4.99.

Hell yes, that's like the only EU stuff I like. Bought those omnibi on the cheap last year after Christmas, it was a solid investment.

No Rogue / Wraith Squadron love?

dan2026

Well that Star Wars issue was already better written than the entirety of the three prequel movies.

In short, I liked it. It didn't set the world on fire, but it was fun, comfy even.
Perhaps a little to 'safe', maybe.

Yo Tales of the Jedi is so fucking good it's not even funny. UnnNnnnnnnNNNNNBNGGgg

Is this Old Republic stuff? I can't get into that era at all. I've tried the Darth Bane trilogy, SWTOR and some other stuff and I don't really like it that much. For me, it's too far back from anything that feels like Star Wars to me.

KOTOR was decent but that was a long time ago and I can't get past the char gen in the Steam version on Windows 8.1.

Zombine

Banned
Is this Old Republic stuff? I can't get into that era at all. I've tried the Darth Bane trilogy, SWTOR and some other stuff and I don't really like it that much. For me, it's too far back from anything that feels like Star Wars to me.

KOTOR was decent but that was a long time ago and I can't get past the char gen in the Steam version on Windows 8.1.

Nah old republic was like the New Testament. This is straight up Sodom and Gomorrah shit. Sticks and stones type Jedi.

TotJ is old old fucking Star Wars. Talking ~5000 years before New Hope (BBY). But I'll be honest if you don't like the idea and concepts behind Star Wars, the EU stuff not involving the OG trilogy cast is probably hard to enjoy. New characters and stories are still fucking excellent but yeah it ain't for everybody I guess.

Boogiepop

God, as a Nintendo guy, this morning's Direct was a danger to my wallet. Freaking New 3DS XL with its nice fancy MH4U edition...

Anyway, comics, right! I read the first chunk of the 4th Exiles Ultimate Collection last night. I've said it before, but I really like this series. It's not super high class artsy stuff or anything, but I really find it a ton of fun.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Noooooo. Not JC! His super long posts analyzing a page talking about intracacies I never even considered will be badly missed.

On a brighter note, I received my IST order today! Absolute Batman Inc and Batmanga are mine.

tim1138

Any awkward, Splinter of the Mind's Eye Luke/Leia level "we don't know we're related" stuff?

My roommate asked me if I wanted it. I almost caved. Even at $4.99.

No Rogue / Wraith Squadron love?

It is oversized for your $4.99, pretty sure it had 35 pages of story.

Never read Rogue or Wraith Squadron, I never dug all that drop into the EU stuff beyond what a friend recommended out let me borrow.

Anyway, comics, right! I read the first chunk of the 4th Exiles Ultimate Collection last night. I've said it before, but I really like this series. It's not super high class artsy stuff or anything, but I really find it a ton of fun.

Exiles is genuinely one of my favourite series of all time, although I like to think it ends after
they return the bodies of the fallen Exiles to their home dimensions.
The Claremont run is rough. Mimic and Blink (all-time favourite comics couple), Morph, Mariko, Heather, Nocturne, Namorita, man that series was so good.

Oh my goodness, that new MKX trailer is hype. Some of you better be getting this on PS4

Bring it. I'll probably be getting a PS4 for this game. I don't know how good I'll be without a stick though, I haven't played a fighter on a pad in years. Will be maining Scorpion or Cassie Cage.

Nah old republic was like the New Testament. This is straight up Sodom and Gomorrah shit. Sticks and stones type Jedi.

TotJ is old old fucking Star Wars. Talking ~5000 years before New Hope (BBY). But I'll be honest if you don't like the idea and concepts behind Star Wars, the EU stuff not involving the OG trilogy cast is probably hard to enjoy. New characters and stories are still fucking excellent but yeah it ain't for everybody I guess.

That actually sounds interesting. Will have to hunt down the Omnibuses before they go out of print.

Never read Rogue or Wraith Squadron, I never dug all that drop into the EU stuff beyond what a friend recommended out let me borrow.

The Rogue Squadron books are great. It's the only EU canon I got super deep into in an overly nerdy kind of way. It pushes aside all the Jedi / Sith cock fighting and focuses on cool ass space shit.

The comics are cool too.

Noooooo. Not JC! His super long posts analyzing a page talking about intracacies I never even considered will be badly missed.

On a brighter note, I received my IST order today! Absolute Batman Inc and Batmanga are mine.

Lemme know how you like Batmanga!

And I know it's not real comics but Henshin was really good guys. The short stories range from charming to depressing and it's a great and short read. It focuses on the little things in life (friendships, being a foreigner, trying to be normal, etc.) and it's really touching. Highly recommended.

New books added to the Image Humble Bundle:
-Stray Bullets Vol 1
-Southern Bastards Vol 1
-Shutter Vol 1
-Nailbiter Vol 1

Stray Bullets is put up the day that JC got banned ayy lmao

New books added to the Image Humble Bundle:
-Stray Bullets Vol 1
-Southern Bastards Vol 1
-Shutter Vol 1
-Nailbiter Vol 1

Stray Bullets is put up the day that JC got banned ayy lmao

damn i just bought Shutter and got SB for xmas

Beginning to think i might not need this bundle, since the only things i'm interested in and don't have are Satellite Sam, Velvet (only because Zombine loves it), and The Fuse kinda

Fintan

Enjoyed Avengers 40, but some people hype this and new avengers up way too much
Avengers/New Avengers is probably my favourite current comic. Just consistently great and I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

And being a bit of an Ultimate Universe apologist, I'm interested to see what that issue with the Hitch Ultimates #1 cover is all about.

Messi

Next thread title should be :

COMICS!|OT|February 2015 - AYE LMAO

Edit : Serpentine Velvet is fantastic. FANTASTIC.

tim1138

The Rogue Squadron books are great. It's the only EU canon I got super deep into in an overly nerdy kind of way. It pushes aside all the Jedi / Sith cock fighting and focuses on cool ass space shit.

The comics are cool too.

I like cool ass space shit, I'll see if the library has it.

Next thread title should be :

COMICS!|OT|February 2015 - AYE LMAO

Edit : Serpentine Velvet is fantastic. FANTASTIC.

See I read the first two issues, and I couldn't get into it enough to buy monthly is the thing, but i wanna try again with the first arc

Fintan

In the last story in this week's Spider-Verse, are we supposed to think that the difference between the two is that the second Peter
is still married
? Is it the
Renew Your Vows
Spidey from Secret Wars? Or is it literally just meant to be that they're the same apart from choice of costume?

Top Bottom