• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm in for Ant Man this time because i feel guilty i stopped buying Supieror Spidey Foes trades in favor of finishing the run on MU. Might get Howard the Duck or wait for MU on that...

I am a Joe Quinones fanboy so I am in on Howard until he leaves 3 issues in.

You know what i'd love? A Black and White Joe Quinones Poison Ivy to go with my Harley Quinn. I Would also love the Bruce Timm one. Just give me a B&W Ivy.

bw4.jpg

So good

Messi

Still think JC should make this his avatar

ibnJpA2DUHhZkw.png

Spaceman in Preacher is so JC.

Looks like Blade. Which would also suit his posting style lol.

B6WpM1LCEAAqaix.jpg

Tony Chu mini bust coming later this year. Looks cool so far. I could be convinced if they do John Also and Toni.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what a shit day. fuck hospitals, horrible places (not for me, family member). At least I read some stuff:

All New Ghost Rider 2-4 - I'm digging it. The art is fucking gorgeous, probably my favorite art of any comic ive seen since I started using MU. I dig the characters / universe, and i love the design of the new GR. Just a fun read overall imo

Silver Surfer (the latest one) 1-3 - Loved it, absolutely loved it. I know it gets some hate but I thought it was great. Love his interactions with Dawn, love Dawn being all non-chalant with all the crazy shit going on, love the art, love the writting. Will be sad when its canceled

All New X-Factor (is that the name?) 1-4 - first 2 issues didnt do much for me, I dont particulary care for Polaris or Quicksilver (I like Gambit tho, sorry haters), but when they establish in issue 3 that there is in fact something shady going on (maybe) and that Quicksilver is a spy for the avengers as Gambit called imediatly, I got more interested. Still, the weakest of the 3. I like Gambit's cats, and I like the matching uniforms, always a big fan of those.

ps: I have no fucking clue who Danger is so her inclusion did nothing for me, except confuse me :/

Why's everyone so pumped over Squirrel Girl and Howard?? I get that they have great teams working on them but I still kinda scratch my head at how much you guys are freaking out over them....
please don't hurt me

Why's everyone so pumped over Squirrel Girl and Howard?? I get that they have great teams working on them but I still kinda scratch my head at how much you guys are freaking out over them....
please don't hurt me

Awesome characters with promising creative teams.

I have high hopes for Ant Man too.

Messi

what a shit day. fuck hospitals, horrible places (not for me, family member). At least I read some stuff:

All New Ghost Rider 2-4 - I'm digging it. The art is fucking gorgeous, probably my favorite art of any comic ive seen since I started using MU. I dig the characters / universe, and i love the design of the new GR. Just a fun read overall imo

Silver Surfer (the latest one) 1-3 - Loved it, absolutely loved it. I know it gets some hate but I thought it was great. Love his interactions with Dawn, love Dawn being all non-chalant with all the crazy shit going on, love the art, love the writting. Will be sad when its canceled

All New X-Factor (is that the name?) 1-4 - first 2 issues didnt do much for me, I dont particulary care for Polaris or Quicksilver (I like Gambit tho, sorry haters), but when they establish in issue 3 that there is in fact something shady going on (maybe) and that Quicksilver is a spy for the avengers as Gambit called imediatly, I got more interested. Still, the weakest of the 3. I like Gambit's cats, and I like the matching uniforms, always a big fan of those.

ps: I have no fucking clue who Danger is so her inclusion did nothing for me, except confuse me :/

I don't know anyone here who hates on Silver Surfer. I know we have a healthy group of people who absolutely love it.

You guys are bumming me out about Joe Quinones.

Owzers

please don't hurt me

Think of the potential hijinx.

Better we crush your spirits now Messi than wait for the sudden art change. I was excited for Rocket Raccoon mainly for Young's art on the title, that lasted 5 issues. Didn't drop it since the last issue i read was still fun but it took the title down a notch.

I picked this up at the library this week. (To be honest, I picked it just based on the name).

About halfway through it and it has been great. Gorgeous art and colouring and a very interesting narrative structure. Many different narrators and the story jumps around the time line a lot.

5NYTEvx.jpg

8jeVa6Q.jpg

tim1138

People hate Silver Surfer? Do they lack a soul?

FYI - Danger is literally the old X-Men Danger Room. I don't quite remember the specifics but it was/is a sentient being that Prof X basically enslaved.

Drayco21

People hate Silver Surfer? Do they lack a soul?

I know plenty of people that hate that they took the Surfer and basically just made his book into quirky Doctor Who fan fiction and find everything about the writing style to be intolerable.

Granted, I thought a lot of stuff with Surfer in it was kinda dry and boring before this, so I don't really mind it, but I get where they're coming from.

It's just hard to get hyped for Ant Man with Nick Spencer writing it. And what happened to all those comics he was supposed to do at Image with all your favorite artists? Bedlam and Morning Glories got canned too.

It's just hard to get hyped for Ant Man with Nick Spencer writing it. And what happened to all those comics he was supposed to do at Image with all your favorite artists? Bedlam and Morning Glories got canned too.

Did Morning Glories finally get cancelled? I waited 37 issues for that book to go somewhere before I dropped it.

I know plenty of people that hate that they took the Surfer and basically just made his book into quirky Doctor Who fan fiction and find everything about the writing style to be intolerable.

Granted, I thought a lot of stuff with Surfer in it was kinda dry and boring before this, so I don't really mind it, but I get where they're coming from.

...shit, it really is, isn't it

still, Mike Allred ain't drawing episodes of Doctor Who so Silver Surfer > Doctor Who

ElNarez

Banned

Ever since Moffat found he could just go up his own asshole to find the same three story beats and ideas with a bit of sexism (it's the secret ingredient) he uses to write all of his scripts it's been hard to justify enjoying Doctor Who. So, Slott doing one-shot Weird Space Adventures About Friends drawn by Mike goddamn Allred has been a bit of a godsend.

And, yeah, gosh darn, that Ant-Man preview makes it look like it's the Good Spencer at work, the one who's good at writing weirdo losers living on the outskirts of the big wacky superhero adventures. Please do read his Cloak & Dagger mini, if not for him at least for the GOSH DARN BEAUTIFUL Emma Rios art.

arkon

This is how I felt before I started reading Superior Foes recently. Now I'm at least going to give Ant Man a chance.

I've only read Superior Foes from him. It was great enough for me to immediately give Ant-Man a shot... and based on the preview pages, Spencer won't let me down.

Where do I read this thing which you are speaking of? Is it collected somewhere?

It's a Spider-Island mini (3 issues) and it's collected in the Spider-Island Companion TP, which collects like all of the tie-ins. So you might as well just get it digitally if you just want those ones

Top Bottom