• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Super Villains Anonymous

This book man...

Edit: please tell me these are actual Marvel villains and not made up just for this. Because there's a guy with a giant bell helmet and a hippopotamus dude, this is amazing

It's really fucking fun. I read through the whole series in 3-4 days. Also, you should check out Ant-Man if you like Superior Foes. Spencer's maintaining that likable, flawed, vomits-in-helmet character writing, it seems.

What does a dude have to do to get a Superboy '99 ongoing. His design was too ahead of its time, imagine it coming out now what with tumblr and all that

Man, brings back memories of the Death and Return of Superman SNES game. Shit yeah.
220px-Deathandreturnofsuperman4.JPG

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Totally off topic:
Posted my resume to Craigslist a couple days ago and just got a totally legit email (I've already gotten a few that were clearly spam) about a totally legit job doing work on this website. One of the quotes from the email was "You sound perfect. Really." (And I know just that little excerpt makes it sound too good to be true AKA spam/scam, but as a whole the email seemed very legitimate).

So yeah. Tentative excitement.
This is just what I need after that whole Colorado fiasco.

Boogiepop

Totally off topic:
Posted my resume to Craigslist a couple days ago and just got a totally legit email (I've already gotten a few that were clearly spam) about a totally legit job doing work on this website. One of the quotes from the email was "You sound perfect. Really." (And I know just that little excerpt makes it sound too good to be true AKA spam/scam, but as a whole the email seemed very legitimate).

So yeah. Tentative excitement.
This is just what I need after that whole Colorado fiasco.

Awesome, congrats man! Just got a little bit of work myself which has had me super giddy all day (still trying to dig in with the freelance-y nature of translation).

Zombine

Banned
Slutty Harley is awful.

I dunno man slutty anything is pretty great.

Edit: Kipp, use your force intuition to realize that shit isn't legit. When "web job" offers come in they're almost always bullshit. They're probably going to tell you that there is a fee to working there as well.

ElNarez

Banned
Slutty Harley is awful. Easily the worst redesign of the new 52. I understand why that girl felt like that. It's really sad :(

Those two Ales Kot issues of Suicide Squad where she was in a giant pink onesie were the best design she's got. The dawn of the adult onesie was SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY for fun hero costumes and seeing it be wasted is a bummer.

Messi

Those two Ales Kot issues of Suicide Squad where she was in a giant pink onesie were the best design she's got. The dawn of the adult onesie was SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY for fun hero costumes and seeing it be wasted is a bummer.

Totally adorbz

X7OeWCfJ9FY.jpg

This is what happens when JC leaves us!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yep, that's the one.

I haven't read I Kill Giants and I know that's something I have to fix now. Niimura's art is really great. He's excellent at making use of his space to create some interesting pages and panels.

Cool!

I Kill Giants is so good. You definitely need to read it.

Awesome, congrats man! Just got a little bit of work myself which has had me super giddy all day (still trying to dig in with the freelance-y nature of translation).

Congratulations! Glad to hear it!

Edit: Kipp, use your force intuition to realize that shit isn't legit. When "web job" offers come in they're almost always bullshit. They're probably going to tell you that there is a fee to working there as well.

I know, Craigslist is super sketch. I'm incredibly skeptical of any responses I get, but this one seemed pretty legit. I'm only cautiously optimistic because I know it could still turn out to be some kind of scam and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any red flags. I replied to the email though, so hopefully I'll find out soon whether or not it's for real.

Totally adorbz

This is what happens when JC leaves us!

Wait. Is that Unknown Soldier and Harley Quinn on the same page?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"I want you to draw Doom like one of your french girls"

"I mean, Doom would just like to be able to call his mother once in a while"

"Doom finds you pretencious and overrated"

I can't...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OK gotta stop Superior Foes at #6 for now, stupid job needs to get done but fuck me those first 6 issues were amazing. I think I like it more than Hawkguy o_O It's definitely up there with it that's for sure

Owzers

OK gotta stop Superior Foes at #6 for now, stupid job needs to get done but fuck me those first 6 issues were amazing. I think I like it more than Hawkguy o_O It's definitely up there with it that's for sure

Hmmmm also make sure to check out the new Secret Avengers by Kot, it's the superior Hawkguy even if it has been starting to get a little iffy.

Holy shit, Freeze. That's a hell of a memory-pull. There are way too many similarities for these to not be connected.

I remember because I specifically asked Joe Keatinge about it on the Image forums some months back. He felt bad that he never got around to it, but he's still hoping to at some point. I just love that image.

ElNarez

Banned
Hmmmm also make sure to check out the new Secret Avengers by Kot, it's the superior Hawkguy even if it has been starting to get a little iffy.

It's slightly less pretentious than his Winter Soldier, but its big plot point is still the Avengers fighting a Jose Luis Borges short story, and sometimes it has jokes.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Woah, no way, it's only gotten better. Last issue was all set-up, but
MODOK assembling the fucking Secret Avengers
is great. It perfectly oscillates between being comedic and serious.

I remember because I specifically asked Joe Keatinge about it on the Image forums some months back. He felt bad that he never got around to it, but he's still hoping to at some point. I just love that image.
Oh, cool--it's definitely a striking image.

Rhaknar

Is Secret Avengers the one with Modok as a good guy?

Cheska

Is Secret Avengers the one with Modok as a good guy?

Yes, that's one way of putting it. But it's one of Marvel's finest comics on the stands, next to Silver Surfer and Ms. Marvel. I'm partial to Black Widow and Captain Marvel myself, but Secret Avengers is almost always at the top of my favorite comics of last year list.

Filthy Slug

you can't not post the image

I wanted him to come across it and be like "Yo, I remember that probably handsome dude Filthy Slug tellin' me this shit was All-Star MODOK, and here it fucking is."

ElNarez

Banned
Man, speaking of. Those Walsh pages in the latest Winter Soldier. MAN, just how fucking weird is this book gonna get?

(It's basically the book Klarion wishes it was, MAN, if you think artists don't matter as much as writers, it's a masterclass in telling you how wrong you are. Compare and contrast Marco Rudy going in BEAST MODE to the DC house style mess Klarion is and it's night and day)

Rhaknar

You had me at MODOK as a good guy

There aren't enough hours in the day for all these comics tho, damn it. This MU shit tho... I can't believe the value of it. The app is shit and crashes all the time but damn, I look back at what I already read and what I have queued for those $10, good lord

Filthy Slug

Man, speaking of. Those Walsh pages in the latest Winter Soldier. MAN, just how fucking weird is this book gonna get?

(It's basically the book Klarion wishes it was, MAN, if you think artists don't matter as much as writers, it's a masterclass in telling you how wrong you are. Compare and contrast Marco Rudy going in BEAST MODE to the DC house style mess Klarion is and it's night and day)

It's a shame, too, because McCarthy is a talented dude, but he's just stuck working these shitty projects or being a rare fill-in for random Bat-related books.

Owzers

You had me at MODOK as a good guy

There aren't enough hours in the day for all these comics tho, damn it. This MU shit tho... I can't believe the value of it. The app is shit and crashes all the time but damn, I look back at what I already read and what I have queued for those $10, good lord

yeah it's a little sparse for me because I've read a lot of the recent good stuff and i still buy some monthlies, i let my sub expire and get back on after a few months to let issues stack up, but there are soooooooooooooooo many high quality books available.

ElNarez

Banned
It's a shame, too, because McCarthy is a talented dude, but he's just stuck working these shitty projects or being a rare fill-in for random Bat-related books.

The issues he did felt very reminiscent of his Batwoman work, with the intricate JHWIII inspired layouts, and that was good, but, man, when you've got a script as disjointed as what Nocenti brings and no clue how to put it together in an aesthetically pleasing way, it's just The Pits.

Klarion #4, in stores now.

Top Bottom