• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Dark Horse's April 2015 solicitations

Spoiler: Black Beetle remains nowhere in sight.

I feel like I look forward to Dark Horse collectible and Artbook info in the solicits more than anything else.

Totally down for this:
REALMS-FC-SOLIC-4x6-4f0e3.jpg

MG310

Speaking of artbooks - Barnes and Noble has the Art of Blizzard hardcover marked down from 75 to 20. Also the DC Covergirls softcover for 10.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Superior Foes #7-13 (no more on MU for now). Still good, but not as good as those first 6 issues. Some of the filler stuff wasn't very good, and I think the story is starting to drag now to be honest. It'a basically still the same story, they keep going back and forth with the painting and the head, and it's getting a bit old. Especially when you consider that 13 issues would have been 1 year and a but, assuming it stayed on schedule.

Still, great series and I'm looking forward to the rest, whenever MU uploads them. Those first 6 or 7 issues tho, man.

I dunno guys. I think you're being too harsh on Batgirl. I'm intrigued by what is going on now because it's just kind of absurd. It feels like there is more going on here. I mean, Barbara is going after petty thieves and drunk drivers? I was going to question the logic of
Barbara causing a massive level of destruction to stop a drunk driver
but the book did that for me. Also, it's incredibly dense while still having alot of action.

My completely unsubstantiated crackpot theory: This Barbara is one in a series of HARDAC robots that brings that concept into the New 52.

fertygo

I dislike that neoxon dude.
I dunno guys. I think you're being too harsh on Batgirl. I'm intrigued by what is going on now because it's just kind of absurd. It feels like there is more going on here. I mean, Barbara is going after petty thieves and drunk drivers? I was going to question the logic of
Barbara causing a massive level of destruction to stop a drunk driver
but the book did that for me. Also, it's incredibly dense while still having alot of action.

My completely unsubstantiated crackpot theory: This Barbara is one in a series of HARDAC robots that brings that concept into the New 52.

I still enjoying Batgirl more than Gotham Academy, dem action pages. Wouldn't mind writer change doe.

Read Flex Mentallo #1 yesterday. Very interesting but I still have no idea where it is leading.

Also, I officially have a "pull-list". (A List(T) with one member is still a list).

I made this for Rhaknar and this will also help anyone wanting to read Hickman.

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/SwlvNRl.png[/IMG]

Should Dark Reign: FF be in there? I think it is a very good lead-in to Fantastic Four #570. Or is that part of Secret Warriors?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am a big fan of One Shots and I would ask if some of you know a good website with published Marvel One Shots. I want to order some on ebay :)

Edit: please tell me these are actual Marvel villains and not made up just for this. Because there's a guy with a giant bell helmet and a hippopotamus dude, this is amazing

Holy shit yes that's him lol

That's Doctor Bong. From what I know, he most frequently tussles with Howard the Duck and Deadpool.

EDIT: Okay, damn, that story about the little girl in the comic shop made me sad.

I just got Mario Galaxy 2 on Wii U for 79 cents.

This game is magical.

Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10 is great! Now I'm glad I held out on Gamestop's $80 asking price.

Now this is beyond magical for me. Metroid Prime is the best damn game ever made, and the Wii pointer controls just make it even better.

COMICS! I didn't read any yet, but I want to say I stayed strong and didn't join the feeding frenzy on Star Wars.

I'm worried about Batgirl, I had a fear this was where we were headed (great art but go nowhere boring writing).

Oh I should actually read the Wonder Woman issues. Apparently
Donna Troy
has finally been reintroduced?

I'd have expected more conversation about it.

Oh I should actually read the Wonder Woman issues. Apparently
Donna Troy
has finally been reintroduced?

I'd have expected more conversation about it.

I think there hasn't been much conversation about it, since it was like 1 panel at the end of the issue. We haven't had the follow up issue to that yet. So not much to say really, other than huh Donna Troy is now part of the N52.

Agreed. I feel like the first break was 4-5 months.

hmmm something like that. I think it doesn't help that the last arc was so slow moving, and didn't really advance things alot. It makes it feel like we got less this last time, making the wait feel longer.

I do think these breaks are a dangerous game. Its like Venture Bros. Waiting 2 years between season starts is ridiculous, and I know a lot of people who gave up on the show because of that. For me it was a combination of that and where the stories were going. I hope the same doesn't happen with Saga. Too many long breaks can totally kill a fan base.

This is the Titan Hero Hulk Buster figure for the upcoming Avengers movie. At 35 bucks and over a foot tall I may have to buy it for my desk at work.

avengers2titanherohulkbusterironman-2eec0.jpg

I think there hasn't been much conversation about it, since it was like 1 panel at the end of the issue. We haven't had the follow up issue to that yet. So not much to say really, other than huh Donna Troy is now part of the N52.

Yeah but there is a very vocal
tumblr
group who I would have expected to hear more from even if it's just the inevitable bitching shift that, now that she is here, is about it not being the real Donna as opposed to Donna not being around.

I do think these breaks are a dangerous game. Its like Venture Bros. Waiting 2 years between season starts is ridiculous, and I know a lot of people who gave up on the show because of that. For me it was a combination of that and where the stories were going. I hope the same doesn't happen with Saga. Too many long breaks can totally kill a fan base.

Saga does well enough in trades alone that the breaks won't really kill it, imo.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I think the small breaks Image books take in between arcs are actually pretty perfect. It's never that long, and the original/core creative team is able to stay on the book, maintaining the quality of the story. I don't think these breaks are harming the fan base in any way because you know it's coming back soon, unlike, say, Hawkeye.

Messi

Doesn't Saga do insanely well in trades? My store got like 50 copies of the last one. All gone. It's not even a big store.

Yeah but there is a very vocal
tumblr
group who I would have expected to hear more from even if it's just the inevitable bitching shift that, now that she is here, is about it not being the real Donna as opposed to Donna not being around.

Let's not go to Tumblr. It is a silly place. (5 points for who ever gets the reference). I'm just waiting to see how they handle her.

Saga does well enough in trades alone that the breaks won't really kill it, imo.

I think the small breaks Image books take in between arcs are actually pretty perfect. It's never that long, and the original/core creative team is able to stay on the book, maintaining the quality of the story. I don't think these breaks are harming the fan base in any way because you know it's coming back soon, unlike, say, Hawkeye.

That it does so well in trades is a good thing. Like I said its nowhere near as bad as it could be, or some other things. It was more of a hope that they don't become longer and hurt the book.

http://subscriptions.imagecomics.com/

Image Comics now has its own direct subscription service, with discounts of 30% (or up to 35%) off of cover price.

The press release:

IMAGE COMICS LAUNCHES MAIL-ORDER SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE: IMAGE DIRECT

Customers can now opt to purchase 12-issue subscriptions to their favorite Image comics and have them mailed to their door

Image Comics is pleased to announce Image Direct, a newly launched mail-order subscription service that allows fans to purchase 12-issue subscriptions to their favorite Image comics and have them delivered straight to their doorstep. Image Direct serves continental U.S. customers only. Subscribe here: http://subscriptions.imagecomics.com/.

Image Direct will allow subscribing readers to receive the latest issues of over 35 titles, including THE WALKING DEAD, SAGA, SEX CRIMINALS, WYTCHES, BLACK SCIENCE, VELVET, RAT QUEENS and more, immediately upon release. Subscribers will receive discounts of up to 30% off and will have the option to subscribe to every available title and receive 35% off.

“Even with all the wonderful work our retailer partners in the Direct Market do, the number one comment we get from fans is they frequently can’t find the Image titles they’re looking for,” said Eric Stephenson, Publisher at Image Comics. “Given that there are fewer comic book stores than ever before, we’re hoping that Image Direct makes our titles available to fans who don’t have easy access to a local comic book store, or whose shop doesn’t carry the full range of Image titles.”

Image Direct launches today. Readers interested in subscribing to the service can find more information on how to sign up here: http://subscriptions.imagecomics.com/.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
http://subscriptions.imagecomics.com/

Image Comics now has its own direct subscription service, with discounts of 30% (or up to 35%) off of cover price.

The press release:

Holy fuckballs, that's a way better discount than the one I get in my store.

Edit after reading FAQ: Errr, you need to pick up 10 titles to get the 30% discount, and then it's a $1/book shipping fee and then you only get your books at the end of each month. My excitement has kind of been extinguished.

SArcher

Banned
Just finished reading Rat Queens. The comic really wasn't on my radar but I wanted to jump aboard after they announced that Sejic would take over art duties. I'm glad I did because this book is hilarious and pretty unique.

The first few issues were pretty wtf, I think the world and the characters take a little getting used to. Also, it's hilarious that they went through with the idea that female dwarves have beards. Made me think back to what Gimli said in LoTR haha.

Top Bottom