• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In the Omnibus they only include the Hickman section. It's Doom talking to Namor, right?

Yup.

Guys, this Solve Everything arc... it's kinda good so far (570-571)

Nice! I'd love to hear a full mini-review after you finish. When that first popped up on IST it really interested me. I would've ordered it if there was anything else I wanted that week since it was only $7.50 or something. I tried to figure out some other stuff to buy to add up to $50 just so I could grab that, IIRC.

What'd I say. Shit's infuriating. Oh and congrats on the job! I'm assuming that you going in for training means that it's fairly close to where you currently live. Does that change any of your plans on moving?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
What'd I say. Shit's infuriating. Oh and congrats on the job! I'm assuming that you going in for training means that it's fairly close to where you currently live. Does that change any of your plans on moving?

Eh, with cheap books I don't really mind, since worst case scenario, I just pay $1 more when it's not on the 50% off first week deal and I actually do have other stuff I want to buy. But to me it's less infuriating and more a genius move by IST. That and the 2% discount they do for 10 days after a purchase are so smart for sucking all your money out of you.

And yeah, I don't know the location, but I can pretty much be anywhere in the city that it's in within 10-15 minutes, so it'll be close by.
But now I don't have any immediate plans to move at all since my friend bailed on me and the only reason I was going to finally move was because I got a friend to tag along with me (I don't like the idea of moving out of state by myself; I know me well enough to know that wouldn't go so well). I still plan to move eventually, but for now, this is going to be a sweet gig and it'll allow me to save up a lot more money while living at home than I was working the part-time minimum wage retail job. Not to mention the great experience. And it's a possibility that I'd be able to do it at home/out of state since most of the stuff I'll be doing is online stuff, so I might be able to move and keep the job at some point in the future.

Zombine

Banned
Nice! I'd love to hear a full mini-review after you finish. When that first popped up on IST it really interested me. I would've ordered it if there was anything else I wanted that week since it was only $7.50 or something. I tried to figure out some other stuff to buy to add up to $50 just so I could grab that, IIRC.

I'm going to post pics and whatnot as well. I am really blown away by Gerry Conway's writing, and I'm always a sucker for Jose Luis Garcia Lopez's art. I closely associate him with my childhood, and all the nicknacks and shit that I had that his art was on.

Kipp

I'm going to post pics and whatnot as well. I am really blown away by Gerry Conway's writing, and I'm always a sucker for Jose Luis Garcia Lopez's art. I closely associate him with my childhood, and all the nicknacks and shit that I had that his art was on.

Awesome. Looking forward to it!

I'm assuming that you going in for training means that it's fairly close to where you currently live.

Just found out where the office is located. It's like 3 minutes away. How perfect can it get. I could bike there in less than 10 minutes if I wanted to.

Congrats kipp on apparently landing the job.

Thanks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's only banned for a week, so he should be.

So the perma ban rumours were premature then, good

Edit: really liked the first mini arc of Hickman's F4 called Solve Everything. Makes me excited for his Avengers stuff

tumblr_mrdk47bVoo1sfnrr6o1_500.png

Owzers

i feel peer pressure to congratulate Kipp on his drug mule job, so grats! Remember, if they catch you stealing you're a dead man.

I read a digital comic to avoid sneezing on floppies, Vinarama #1, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did but it was goofy and somewhat charming.

Kipp

i feel peer pressure to congratulate Kipp on his drug mule job, so grats! Remember, if they catch you stealing you're a dead man.

Haha. Thanks, sillymonkey.
And thanks for the advice. I will definitely keep that in mind. I might take my chances though. If I stop posting all of a sudden, you'll know why.

Tizoc

Guys how does Transformer relationships even work.

I need details.

Relationships? There's Conjunx Endura, don't search the TF wiki for it to avoid a major story spoiler though =X

...and just in case you wanted to ask further
Cybertronians are created through two confirmed methods: they are either "Forged" or "Constructed Cold." Their names include a "of [place]" suffix to describe where they were born, e.g. "Megatron of Tarn".
Forging was the natural way for Cybertronians to be created. An energy pulse from Vector Sigma would flash across the world, igniting a hot spot where new sparks would emerge from the planet. There would be great rejoicing and ceremony, and the sparks and base substance - the "sentio metallico" - would be sought out and harvested from the living metal of Cybertron or its moons. The harvested sparks would then be matured via a process known as "the nurturing". The full nurturing and maturation process can be completed in less than two weeks after the spark's first flash. This Calamitous Life
Cold Construction was a method created later when Nova Prime learned natural spark creation was slowing. Fearful (correctly, as it would turn out) that the pulsewaves from Vector Sigma would eventually halt entirely, leaving him without enough Transformers to create the grand galactic empire he envisioned, Nova entrusted the Matrix of Leadership to his scientists and charged them with tapping the fabled energy of creation legends claimed it possessed. The scientists, headed by Tyrest, succeeded in doing so and were able to generate thousands of sparks a day, which were then housed in pre-constructed bodies.

real talk. Are there any good Doom stories, or is Doom just a collection of random badass moments?

Doom in certain F4 runs is well written, like Waid's F4 run or Hickman's F4 run. Hickman featured more Doom, but Waid wrote a really good story featuring him too.

For that matter, Rhaknar, what Black Panther series are offered for you on MU?

1998 until 2003... Well, almost 10 years ago :D

But I am suprised. Looked up the art a couple of weeks ago and it didnt looked that 90s at all.
Priest's BP run is really underrated, and far as I can tell, not all issues are collected, but I'd need to re-check IST to see if Marvel started collecting them.

He's actually got a Quantum and Woody thing coming out right now but I've not read it. Before that was just about 10 years ago (a little over) with The Crew and Captain America and the Falcon which iirc ended up being the reason he quit comics.

I remember reading those 2 series, that was at a time when Marvel was doing a major event and Priest couldn't continue his stories the way he wanted to.

PsychBat!

Banned
Its the best comic since X-Men #1

I loved when
Darth Vader uses the force to use all those stormtroopers as human shields to deflect Chewbacca's snipes
Most badass thing i've seen in a comic since I was a child.
When I saw that, it just reaffirmed my thinking of Darth Vader being the most badass Sith ever.

The last 4 Constantine issues, where he travels to Earth 2 has been one of the best stories I have read in the n52. It's unbelievable how much Fawkes has grown as a writer. This months issue, out this past Wednesday is one of the most engrossing reads of the week, a book of the month contender, and puts a character in a situation that's unfathomable. Bravo Ray Fawkes.

Rhaknar

For that matter, Rhaknar, what Black Panther series are offered for you on MU?

BP (2008) #1-12 with Shuri judging by the covers

BP (2005) #1-41

BP (1998) #1-62

Tizoc

@GrandHarrier- Ah wait I misunderstood you a bit; far as relationships go, there is Conjunx Endura, wouldn't recommend wiki-ing the TF wiki for it since it'll spoil a few things.

BP (2008) #1-12 with Shuri judging by the covers

BP (2005) #1-41

BP (1998) #1-62

Read the 1998 series, as I posted, it's freakin' under rated, it might help if you go in with a '90s era' mind set. Keep in mind that the first 6 issue story arc is told 'out of order', but cleverly written.

Star Wars was a really lazy attempt. Cassady was clearly phoning it in, especially if you've read Planetary. It was laughably bad how he just shows a few swipes of the light saber off-panel and bam, fight over. Poor panel layouts and shots... won't be picking up any further issues.

Grayson was satisfying as usual and Avengers..
Black Panther is a dick
, confirmed.

The last 4 Constantine issues, where he travels to Earth 2 has been one of the best stories I have read in the n52. It's unbelievable how much Fawkes has grown as a writer. This months issue, out this past Wednesday is one of the most engrossing reads of the week, a book of the month contender, and puts a character in a situation that's unfathomable. Bravo Ray Fawkes.
Yeah, I think I picked it up again after dropping it because of you talking about it a few months back and it's really been hitting all the marks.

Rhaknar

Read the 1998 series, as I posted, it's freakin' under rated, it might help if you go in with a '90s era' mind set. Keep in mind that the first 6 issue story arc is told 'out of order', but cleverly written.

Dude my queue is like 65 books, like 50 of those are #1s, which means those 50 are really like 500 give or take at an average of 10 issues a run (and most are more as you know)! I can't. ..I gotta...it's too much...

...added, and the other two series lol

Good God. I tried out the n52 run just to support the character cuz I fucking love the shit out of John but man that shit was so painful to read. Dropped it after the first arc or so. Think you're the first person I've seen comment on Constantine in a long ass while lol. Has it improved that much though? I might give it another shot.

Dude my queue is like 65 books, like 50 of those are #1s, which means those 50 are really like 500 give or take at an average of 10 issues a run (and most are more as you know)! I can't. ..I gotta...it's too much...

...added, and the other two series lol

Be strong Rhaknar. Soon this will all be behind you and you will become a masterful sage of Marvel knowledge like yours truly ;) heheheee

Tizoc

Be strong Rhaknar. Soon this will all be behind you and you will become a masterful sage of Marvel knowledge like yours truly ;) heheheee

Let's put that to the test then ;) Name the superhero B. Panther teamed up with once and made him stop a plane from crashing and having complete faith in that he will manage to do such a difficult taks.
I may have worded that improperly but if you know your MArvel knowledge it shouldn't be difficult =3

Rhaknar

Read a bit more WATXM, an arc with a circus full of zombie clowns, a witch and frankenstein's monster (lolwhut), it continues to be one of my favorites, if not my favorite. It's just everything I used to love about the x-men many years ago.

It also puts Cyclops in further contrast (as if he needed it), here you have Wolverine, Kitty, Storm, Beast, Iceman...Man that's the X-Men right? Not to mention all the kids from school.

Meanwhile Cyclops is hanging out with Emma Frost and Magneto, freshly escaped from prison. How the mighty have fallen indeed.

Let's put that to the test then ;) Name the superhero B. Panther teamed up with once and made him stop a plane from crashing and having complete faith in that he will manage to do such a difficult taks.
I may have worded that improperly but if you know your MArvel knowledge it shouldn't be difficult =3

Hehe. Ummmm. Oh shit did I put Marvel! I meant to put Top Cow my bad...yea...ehehehee..............

IDKK MANNNnnn I'm just a fraud :( I know BP designed the Quinjet though! I get points for that right!........right.......

Rhaknar

Uncanny Avengers #1 was great, I didn't know Axis started, or at least had the seed planted, back in 2012 (MU says UA#1 is from Oct 2012). Also Red Skull digging up Xavier to get his brain is fucked up, Remender is a sick puppy (then again he had Deadpool feed Angel flesh from his arm soooooooo)

Top Bottom