• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

tumblr_mrdk47bVoo1sfnrr6o1_500.png

Wait... Is that Eva? Was Eva in AvX.

PsychBat!

Banned
Uncanny Avengers #1 was great, I didn't know Axis started, or at least had the seed planted, back in 2012 (MU says UA#1 is from Oct 2012). Also Red Skull digging up Xavier to get his brain is fucked up, Remender is a sick puppy (then again he had Deadpool feed Angel flesh from his arm soooooooo)
Get ready for the most ridiculous nonsensical horrendous Marvel event of the decade.
AXIS - Get rid of those bars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A+X is different from AvX? Because I read every AvX and tie ins and don't remember that panel

Also reading X-Force #1 (after uncanny) and Betsy literally says:

"The Avengers can go fuck themselves"

I think I'm going to like this :p Also it has my favorite Storm look in years

I finally read that Squirrel Girl #1 and it was very good and fun, and i don't think any other comic this month is gonna top that final panel

Lady Killer #1 was also good, gave me an exploitation vibe. No one on the digital camp read it because it's Dark Horse though

I also finally read Rumble #1 and... damn what a goddamn mess of a comic. I liked the art for its action scenes and visual humor but what the fuck is this book about? A scarecrow robot and a shonen lead doing adventures in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? like 10 things happen in this issue, but nothing REALLY happens. I'm gonna have to wait for the Humble Bundle for this one.

Messi

I finally read that Squirrel Girl #1 and it was very good and fun, and i don't think any other comic this month is gonna top that final panel

Lady Killer #1 was also good, gave me an exploitation vibe. No one on the digital camp read it because it's Dark Horse though

I skipped Lady Killer for that reason. I'll get the trade if it ends up being good.

Also reading X-Force #1 (after uncanny) and Betsy literally says:

"The Avengers can go fuck themselves"

I think I'm going to like this :p Also it has my favorite Storm look in years
I would suggest you skip all that mess and go directly to X-Force (2014)
I also finally read Rumble #1 and... damn what a goddamn mess of a comic. I liked the art for its action scenes and visual humor but what the fuck is this book about? A scarecrow robot and a shonen lead doing adventures in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? like 10 things happen in this issue, but nothing REALLY happens. I'm gonna have to wait for the Humble Bundle for this one.
I agree on most of that but the art was too good for me to consider dropping, hopefully some kind of story takes shape in the next issue.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Congrats Kipp! You gonna tell us what you'll be doing?

Thanks!
Well, the exact day-to-day of the job is still slightly vague to me, but from what I've gathered, I'll essentially be posting and doing whatever else needs to be done (the point of the job is to take some of the weight off of the owner who is currently the one picking up all the slack doing the various things that need to get done) on the website. I hadn't heard of the site previously, but it's a really popular site as shown by all their likes/followers/whatever on their social media sites.

Congrats on landing the job Kipp!

Thanks!

I refuse to buy any DC Super Heroes Lego sets. Can't even support the comics industry in that tiny way.

But really I just think they're way overpriced and I don't really care for them that much. Except for Darkseid Invasion which I'm tempted to buy even though it's pretty overpriced.

I dunno man, I think Lego is good value generally, though it does vary by set. Plus you get the fun of putting it together. Well, that part is fun for me at least. I do a lot of crosswords, sudoku and jigsaws (the only reason I bought a 3DS was for new Professor Layton games) and Lego has the same effect on my brain.

I was buying a bunch of presents today since I have two nephews and a niece's birthday coming up soon. I may have slipped this in for myself (I'm too lazy to take my own pic):

Dat Sinestro minifig, delicious. I should really visit the Lego OT more, I never know what's coming out until I venture into the toystore.

I was buying a bunch of presents today since I have two nephews and a niece's birthday coming up soon. I may have slipped this in for myself (I'm too lazy to take my own pic):

Dat Sinestro minifig, delicious. I should really visit the Lego OT more, I never know what's coming out until I venture into the toystore.

That set was alright, nothing special. Decent swoosh-factor, though.

Get ready for the most ridiculous nonsensical horrendous Marvel event of the decade.
AXIS - Get rid of those bars.

Ridiculous yes, horrendous no.

It's a completely silly and over-the-top event but it is far from being the worst event they've done even in the past couple years. Especially in a world where Age of Ultron exists.

Ridiculous yes, horrendous no.

It's a completely silly and over-the-top event but it is far from being the worst event they've done even in the past couple years. Especially in a world where Age of Ultron exists.

Agree. It was a let down, especially compared to the Apocalypse Twins/Horsemen of Death/Chrono Corps mega-arc in Uncanny Avengers but it was nowhere near as bad as some people say. I'm excited for the Uncanny relaunch. Looking forward to my £17 OHC coming in March.

It also continued the trend from Original Sin of the tie-ins being better than the event itself. Loki (which confused the beejesus out of me because I'm not reading Fantastic Four), Deadpool and the Hobgoblin mini were all great.

Zombine

Banned
Can't hang with the e-sports breh? Come on.

Yes, yes it did.

My problem with it stems from the fact that it is another mode that is more or less locked behind raid gear that people who don't use DestinyGAF or DestinyLFG can't get. Catch-22, say those people want to go try out DestinyLFG, most of them have a level 30 pre-requisite to letting you join. Basically, most people are fucked unless you find groups that are willing to carry you through raids (like what they did for me). Even then, I'm still unable to make a dent unless I'm teamed up with high 20s-30max teams, and I can't hit 32 until I get enough ascendant shards.

Problem. Ascendant shards are a pain in the ass to get, and at best you might get 1 or two a day from dailies/events, and you can only get raid chests once a week, so I won't be able to get an abundance of them until Tuesday.

Rocking Iron Banner with my 31. I'm doing great!

B7eumG0IYAAChc7.jpg

I know this is one of those "lol Zombie" dick waving things, but thats onlybecause you're level 31. I'm level 29. That extra defense keeps final shots from landing and it drives me nuts.

fertygo

Hey Korupt, do you still remember which issue of Doug Moench's Batman that you hyping back then?
I would like to made note about it, thanks!

Boogiepop

Glad someone is enjoying the Exiles! Is that the 'World's Tour" arc? If so, that's where things started to fall apart for me, it was just way too long. I also preferred when they went to weird, new universes rather than established ones. Still one of my favorite series for the most part!

Just read a good chunk of vol 5 of the Ultimate Collection, including the end of this arc and the start of the next part, and yeah. Bleh, that arc started off really strong actually, which is why I was so excited. But they reaaaallly stretched it, seemingly just to slot in a ton of extra established universes for brief cameos. And it's pretty damn annoying that, even if their "counter" method is interesting and neat, they really, really shouldn't have had freaking Proteus (later
in the body of a freaking Hulk!
) on the run and relying on other characters and pulling the "no, they're the REAL bad guys and you should totally fight them" crap. He's supposed to be a frightening, unstoppable force. Also feel the roster is at an all time low, at least as they're developed right now. I mean
Blink is of course fine. But even with Morph, who's supposed to be the fun yet heroic all around good guy, he's now saddled with the downright creepy plot point of being a brainwashed Proteus in his body, which means they essentially killed off two characters to make a clone of one. And then Longshot could be cool, but since he's "wiped" he's essentially just a blank slate, making him little more than his powers. And I was really excited about Spiderman 2099 joining up... but he hasn't done anything whatsoever to be seen as even vaguely interesting here. And Sabretooth SHOULD be interesting, but that's all in his relationship to Blink and he's just been incredibly bland since he's joined the team. And then Power Princess is just a bland Wonder Woman expy, which may be okay elsewhere but here just makes for a boring character whose main trait is being angry sometimes.
I'm still enjoying it okay, but there's been a notable drop in quality as of late. I did like the last thing I read though, with
them just throwing a billion Wolverines all over the place
, if only for the pure outlandishness of the concept.

Also, freaking Movie Mars refunded me on the first Hickman Omnibus. Though fortunately Amazon still has them for the price they did when I ordered with Movie Mars, so they at least didn't screw me. But yeah, bleh, stupid runaround.

Edit: Also, Sonic Legacy Vol. #4 seems to have just not launched as a physical book, only an eBook, far as I can tell. And I can't find any information about it which is driving me nuts!

Messi

God I just love Stjepan Sejic's art. He has been posting portraits of the Rat Queens.

jw4QYFR.jpeg

qB1rNXM.jpeg

Can't wait to see Betty.
Can't unsee Allycat.

So his Sunstone characters have been Rat Queen's this whole time?

Twist: The MMO the Sunstone characters play in is actually the Rat Queens universe.

That would be cool actually.

His Hannah is awesome, hair looks a lot more realistic and she looks more like an elf and less like a girl cosplaying as an elf than before. So hype for next issue.

Messi

Twist: The MMO the Sunstone characters play in is actually the Rat Queens universe.

That would be cool actually.

His Hannah is awesome, hair looks a lot more realistic and she looks more like an elf and less like a girl cosplaying as an elf than before. So hype for next issue.

He said he will be doing at the very least a crossover picture with the Rat Queens and Allys mmo team.

Tell me this isn't Ally. Lol

fskl5hc.jpeg

OK no more Rat Queens for today.

E the Shaggy

Just read a good chunk of vol 5 of the Ultimate Collection, including the end of this arc and the start of the next part, and yeah. Bleh, that arc started off really strong actually, which is why I was so excited. But they reaaaallly stretched it, seemingly just to slot in a ton of extra established universes for brief cameos. And it's pretty damn annoying that, even if their "counter" method is interesting and neat, they really, really shouldn't have had freaking Proteus (later
in the body of a freaking Hulk!
) on the run and relying on other characters and pulling the "no, they're the REAL bad guys and you should totally fight them" crap. He's supposed to be a frightening, unstoppable force. Also feel the roster is at an all time low, at least as they're developed right now. I mean
Blink is of course fine. But even with Morph, who's supposed to be the fun yet heroic all around good guy, he's now saddled with the downright creepy plot point of being a brainwashed Proteus in his body, which means they essentially killed off two characters to make a clone of one. And then Longshot could be cool, but since he's "wiped" he's essentially just a blank slate, making him little more than his powers. And I was really excited about Spiderman 2099 joining up... but he hasn't done anything whatsoever to be seen as even vaguely interesting here. And Sabretooth SHOULD be interesting, but that's all in his relationship to Blink and he's just been incredibly bland since he's joined the team. And then Power Princess is just a bland Wonder Woman expy, which may be okay elsewhere but here just makes for a boring character whose main trait is being angry sometimes.
I'm still enjoying it okay, but there's been a notable drop in quality as of late. I did like the last thing I read though, with
them just throwing a billion Wolverines all over the place
, if only for the pure outlandishness of the concept.

Exiles is my favorite superhero story of all time, but I feel like it all goes to shit once Winnick exits. Those first arcs are pure gold though.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I dunno man, I think Lego is good value generally, though it does vary by set. Plus you get the fun of putting it together. Well, that part is fun for me at least. I do a lot of crosswords, sudoku and jigsaws (the only reason I bought a 3DS was for new Professor Layton games) and Lego has the same effect on my brain.

Oh, I'm all for Lego in general (in fact, I'm planning to build the Pet Shop set this weekend), I just think the superhero sets specifically are overpriced and not all too impressive.

Oh, I'm all for Lego in general (in fact, I'm planning to build the Pet Shop set this weekend), I just think the superhero sets specifically are overpriced and not all too impressive.

That's far too reasonable an opinion for this thread.

Why would you say such a thing Kipp?

simpsons-sweet-can.jpg

"Kipp, what do you have to say in your defense? Kipp, your silence will only incriminate you further. No, Kipp, don't take your anger out on me, Kipp, Kipp, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

DRAMATIZATION: MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED

God I just love Stjepan Sejic's art. He has been posting portraits of the Rat Queens.

jw4QYFR.jpeg

qB1rNXM.jpeg

Can't wait to see Betty.
Can't unsee Allycat.
This stuff looks great. I've always thought his work is impressive but there was always something about it that wasn't all that appealing about it but the newer I've seen from him has been very good. I think it had something to do with his faces not looking as refined in comparison to everything else in his work.

Top Bottom