• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

I would suggest you skip all that mess and go directly to X-Force (2014)

I agree on most of that but the art was too good for me to consider dropping, hopefully some kind of story takes shape in the next issue.

I might actually read #2 if it comes out in a really light week, because yeah I dug the art a lot but i gotta be way more selective these days

Reason 698 that Messi should care for the Legion.

B7e-YJaCcAAZ4NH.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh my goodness. I finally opened up Absolute Batman Inc. I knew it'd be good, but this is just pure sex.

I mean, just look at this gorgeous art:

But for reals, besides that hilariously horrific issue, the art is insane. Like, it was already insane in normal dimensions, but in Absolute-size dimensions, it's mindblowingly good.
Right after I finish Strangers in Paradise, first order of business is reading Absolute B&R, then Absolute Batman Inc. So excited.

Why would you say such a thing Kipp?

I have brought shame to my family.

"Kipp, what do you have to say in your defense? Kipp, your silence will only incriminate you further. No, Kipp, don't take your anger out on me, Kipp, Kipp, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

DRAMATIZATION: MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED

Hahaha

Kids today are out of control.

That thread on gaming side about what companies should do to get kids into "proper games" is hilarious.

The real problem is kids today don't know how good they have it. I look at FIFA 15 compared to FIFA International Soccer (yes, I'm old) and Minecraft compared to Games That Were Not Minecraft and all I can think is they've never had it so good.

And I would've killed for Let's Plays and such when I were a lad. Back in my day, all we had was Bad Influence for half-an-hour a week.

*goes back to yelling at cloud*

Kipp

That issue was bad. Rest of that run is great though, I love it.

For real. How did that make it to print. People use the term "laughably bad" lightly these days, but that "art" is genuinely hilarious. And I'm pretty sure the taint from the art bled into Morrison's writing too, because as I recall, the story was prrretty terrible as well. I'm looking forward to re-reading that issue. It's so bad that it's got that novelty entertainment value.

Messi

For real. How did that make it to print. People use the term "laughably bad" lightly these days, but that "art" is genuinely hilarious. And I'm pretty sure the taint from the art bled into Morrison's writing too, because as I recall, the story was prrretty terrible as well. I'm looking forward to re-reading that issue. It's so bad that it's got that novelty entertainment value.

There is an issue like that in Batman and Son. The art was hilarious. Deviant art quality.

There was a delay for that issue too iirc. Imagine the disappointment of reading it that Wednesday.

You're right, the writing in that, not great too.

tim1138

I remember that issue leading to speculation that New 52 Batgirl was going to be Babs fighting crime in the Internet 3.0 (or whatever it was called).

Kipp

There is an issue like that in Batman and Son. The art was hilarious. Deviant art quality.

Haha yes. Absolutely terrible. I wonder if that was the same "artist."

There was a delay for that issue too iirc. Imagine the disappointment of reading it that Wednesday.

You're right, the writing in that, not great too.

Oh, that's hilarious. I can't even imagine.

I remember that issue leading to speculation that New 52 Batgirl was going to be Babs fighting crime in the Internet 3.0 (or whatever it was called).

Hmm... I feel like that could actually work if it went for quirky/fun rather than super serious/gritty like this issue tried to do.

Top Bottom