• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

star wars was a really fun issue. i think jason aaron captured the spirit of the films perfectly. the art was very accessible too considering this is going to bring a bunch of non comic readers in but han solo looked kind of chimpish in some panels hahaha

also bought jock's variant cover of grayson #6 with the flash vs nightwing. as I'm reading more comics I'm slowly developing my own preferences to artists/writers etc. and jock is definitely up there as one of my favorite artists I think I can safely say at this point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Absolutely, and in New York State it's illegal to have sex with animals so they are also criminals. Someone arrest them please.

Brand is in space and shit shes above the law

Trish is going down tho

Did I ever tell you guys how awesome Chris Bachalo is?

himymbarneymarshallfistbump.gif

I think the current Punisher run is ending. It's supposed to get replaced by two books. I don't think much is known after that. Hopefully one of them is by Rucka.

Is there any comic that reads like a pulp treasure hunt/adventure movie? Something like MacKenna's Gold or Indiana Jones or even National Treasure?

Drayco21

Ah, okay. Did it happen
off panel? Also, did he bang her first?

Yeah, I think
she was just sitting at the table with Thanos and Terrax when Namor formed the Cabal- but she was being kept in the same place as them, so it'd make sense he'd spring her at the same time. I don't remember us actually seeing him do it.

I would've guessed Black Swan is above the Imperius Sex, plus she apparently has a thing for Tony. Namor could probably find a way though; he always does.

Busaiku

Next week's gonna be the end of all the Spiderverse side stuff.
Kinda sad about that, cause I was really liking all the different vignettes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hickman F4 at work tonight? I think so, see what the fuss is about

either that or go back to Wolverine & The x-Men and finish that run (well finish whats on MU, I dont know if its all). I heard Deadpool tries to be a teacher at some point and its quite good

So what is the tumblr shite community picking up on these days? I've been out of the loop for like a minute and need to figure out what it is they enjoy so I can exploit it for monetary gain.

I don't really follow any hardcore comic fans but I'm guessing Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel are hot books among them. Saga and the Wicked and the Divine too.

It's mostly just people who make compressed gifs of the movies.

Vibranium

Banned
Loved my comics this week, though I am ready to see where Punisher goes from the currwnt run. I would love Rucka back at some point on one of the two titles.

I have to laugh at that Spider-verse troll, Joey Q must be giggling to himself.

Mindwipe

So what is the tumblr shite community picking up on these days? I've been out of the loop for like a minute and need to figure out what it is they enjoy so I can exploit it for monetary gain.

Lots of MTMTE slash fan art. Especially between Rodimus and Drift.

Afrodium

Banned
Hickman F4 at work tonight? I think so, see what the fuss is about

either that or go back to Wolverine & The x-Men and finish that run (well finish whats on MU, I dont know if its all). I heard Deadpool tries to be a teacher at some point and its quite good

Get on F4. I started reading it a few days ago based on this thread's suggestion. I think the arc of the first three issues may be one of my favorite things I've read recently.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I have a friend who is big on MTMTE and he has some OTPs and stuff. I think he wrote fanfiction for one pairing.

To be honest, I care more about the pairings in MTMTE than 99.8% of comics. I don't see Rodimus/Drift, though I wouldn't be a big fan of Drift. He is like a Transformer I would have designed as a kid.

Like if you cry errytime Chromedome plays Rewind's message.

Rhaknar

real talk. Are there any good Doom stories, or is Doom just a collection of random badass moments?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
More totally off-topic posting from me since me since I suck at reading comics but still want to post:

That email in reply to my resume on Craigslist was totally legit.
I feel like this could be it. I could finally be getting a legitimate job. Just waiting for it to all go wrong somehow, but a couple emails back and forth now and it's still all going well. The owner of the website is talking like she'd really like me for the job.

I better not blow this.

Top Bottom