• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Afrodium

Banned
I just read the premise for Convergence...it sounds absolutely bonkers and a tad ridiculous. While I get that the premise could work pretty well, when you say it out loud it sounds almost too crazy. I do get that comics are a great medium for exploring this sort of thing, I can also see why non-comic readers can view comics as nonsensical or too dense and often inaccessible.

I just read up on it since I haven't been paying attention to DC... isn't this just DC Secret Wars?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait when did Betsy gain telekenesis? you know what, fuck it, ill just roll with it >_>

I just read up on it since I haven't been paying attention to DC... isn't this just DC Secret Wars?

Sounds a little too much like it to not be related. Secret Wars is also a bonkers premise...and I will no doubt read parts of Convergence just like I will the new Secret Wars. I do like how in Convergence they might all get along really well and be happy neighbours.

The Storm series was canceled? Just read this on Breevorts Tumblr and I am a little bit surprised... Is this new news?

Had a gander on that Tumblr:

Question: In regards to the Storm ongoing. I'm not sure what more you could have done. The book had a top writer and even the art was fine. Cover art was great. It was promoted as much as any of your other ongoings. In terms of not crossing over into events well if it had the events would have been used as an excuse to say that the book had its narrative interrupted and that's why it sold poorly. Heck even X-Men - Worlds apart sold poorely. I guess you guys tried your best. It just didn't sell.

Answer: Sometimes that happens. The marketplace wants what it wants and supports what it supports. You can do everything right and still not succeed.

Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook not so good."

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thats sad... I liked the first Issue.

Tom Brevort makes an great job with his Tumblr... You can think of that guy want you want, but he is answering questions in this Tumblr every day in his freetime. Great job to stay connected with the people and its always quite interesting to get more insight in the bussiness.

I didnt even knew that LCS Comicshops get money when you redeem Digital Copy Codes... So buying books on ebay isnt that evil at all.

I didnt even knew that LCS Comicshops get money when you redeem Digital Copy Codes... So buying books on ebay isnt that evil at all.

I suppose if you bought your codes from a guy who shops at your LCS it's okay. I can't really talk since CMX owns my soul. If only a comic store opened here.

Captain America...the best rogues gallery? Pretty sure the correct answer is Batman and I'm a Marvel hoe.

That's a deeply silly thread, but it's not a Neoxon thread, so it gets a pass.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah Spidey has a pretty strong Rouge Gallery, maybe its even the second best right after Batman.
Captain America and the X-Mens are pretty great, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I wasn't really feeling the last few WATXM issues but this Hellfire Academy arc is awesome

PsychBat!

Banned
Spider-Man has a very powerful rogue's gallery, it's just that most of them are dangerous but hardly cunning.

Batman has a VERY interesting rogue's gallery. Cunning and brutal.

It's a tough choice choosing which is my favorite.

Is it me or is Neoxon posting threads on almost everything comic related?

It's not just you, given that a lot of posts in those threads are calling him out on it. I'm starting to think he is Kevin Feige's gimmick account.

Flash's rogues. Mostly cause of the realationship and rules with each other.

People can shit on the second Johns run all they want, and they're right to do so, but this was an awesome moment and something you could only really do with the Rogues:
fsfo2010_0019.jpg

After reading the April solicits, I'm going to be bummed when Steph Brown isn't Batgirl again and Cass Cain is still MIA and everything basically isn't pre new 52 :(

SoilBreak

Banned
People can shit on the second Johns run all they want, and they're right to do so, but this was an awesome moment and something you could only really do with the Rogues:

Yeah I'm not a fan of Geoff's second run at all but some of the moments with the rogues like that one were great.

After reading the April solicits, I'm going to be bummed when Steph Brown isn't Batgirl again and Cass Cain is still MIA and everything basically isn't pre new 52 :(

Same thing with me with wally & his family coming back for that speed force issue. :(

Rhaknar

Yoooooooooo that Hellfire Saga arc on WATXM was so good. And Quentin is probably my favorite character on the book, I'm gonna miss him when it ends.

Also FINALLY some headway on to what the fuck those Bamfs are, I mean the cloaked blue guy has to be Nightcrawler so I'm hoping it will finally be explained soon since I see him on the cover of Amazing #1 which is from around this time period

Neoxon

Is it me or is Neoxon posting threads on almost everything comic related?
Given that I'm feeling a ban coming, I'm trying to cut back on the threads. Most of my news will go either here or the MCU thread. If it's big enough (like a trailer release or whatnot), then it'll get its own thread.

And if I was a gimmick account, I wouldn't show my true face and I would have been found & banned a long time ago.

Rhaknar

Best arc of the series IMO.

Probably my fave so far tbh, although those first 12 issues or so were amazing

Does anyone know anything about this X-Factor before it got rebooted into All New? I'm hearing random good things about it

Sou Da

Everything Peter David touches is gold and if we don't get finally get an ASM run from him before he dies Marvel will be a lesser publisher for it.

Probably my fave so far tbh, although those first 12 issues or so were amazing

Does anyone know anything about this X-Factor before it got rebooted into All New? I'm hearing random good things about it
It's a completely different tone from the regular xbooks, but it's definitely awesome. It has an amazing cast that is really well developed.

Owzers

Maybe you just have shitty taste in movies. It may behoove you to have someone else choose which films you watch.

I watch sci-fi channel made for tv movies. They are usually bad. I had high hopes for Maze Runner but it was really heavy on the " this is a teen fiction book made into a movie, you should know better", similar to Divergent, and in the same way you could tell it's one of those trilogy series things.

Rhaknar

Damn, dat praise, why did noone recomended it before then lol.

I assume it starts with X-Factor #200? Was looking on MU and there's a reboot that goes up to #50 and then the next is #200 which I assume they resumed the old numbering, and then it goes to #262 where it ends.

Wait but I'm noticing the #1-50 reboot is also written by Peter David...hmm now im confused

I assume it starts with X-Factor #200? Was looking on MU and there's a reboot that goes up to #50 and then the next is #200 which I assume they resumed the old numbering, and then it goes to #262 where it ends.

Wait but I'm noticing the #1-50 reboot is also written by Peter David...hmm now im confused
I think it starts with a Madrox mini

Read in this order

Rhaknar

Ah so the 1-50 is part of it, I guess the switch to #200 was them going back to the old numbering for whatever reason. Damn so that's a fucking long run, 50+63+5 from the mini :eek:

You guys are killing me

Edit: cool, searched for Peter David on MU and saw that he wrote that star face captain marvel, I remember digging that series back in the day. He also wrote some shulkie (woot) and he writes all new x-factor which you all hate :p

Top Bottom