• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

Final two Rat Queens. His Dee is wonderful and Betty is unsettling.

tumblr_niboakxrBh1sfabsto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nib7y5XATC1sfabsto1_r1_500.jpg

Yo, GrandHarrier, I read those 2 issues of Batman/Superman that you told me about and they were ace! Thanks for the suggestion and I'll be sticking around to see how it ends.

That sounds about right, I had suspected as much. My first Absolute was Hush, it was too beautiful not to.

I regret not getting the Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's a beautiful double slip cased edition.

If Marvel did an Absolute equivalent line I would be completely broke. I hope they don't start...actually maybe I hope they do start...

Yo, GrandHarrier, I read those 2 issues of Batman/Superman that you told me about and they were ace! Thanks for the suggestion and I'll be sticking around to see how it ends.

Yeah. It really was a surprise to me just how fun it was to see Superman completely out of his element and a perfect situation where the Batman/Superman team up is natural. But it was also the little things; like the scene where the guy at the hospital
dressed up as Superman realizes what has happened and leaves the room so the kids don't see it. A singular moment of heroism from a regular joe.

Messi

Its only a matter of time until some of Snyder's Batman is put into an absolute edition, right? I'd buy all of that. But The Black Mirror especially.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3214770-anxmen2012015-int-lr-3-56b23-60745142.jpg

love this art, so awkwardly cute. this isnt the dude that does captain america tho right, this seems more bachalo / ramos-y

Its only a matter of time until some of Snyder's Batman is put into an absolute edition, right? I'd buy all of that. But The Black Mirror especially.

Seconded! I'm holding out on buying Snyder's stuff for myself until they at least get the OHC treatment. More likely they'll get the Absolute.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forgot to mention this, but Cyke naming his new school the Xavier school is hilariously dickish

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I just read the second arc of Batmanga. It's still absolutely brilliant reading. It's so silly and fun and quick. I love it.
Any Batman fan owes it to themselves to check it out. It's only $8.50 or something on IST.

Isnt the Adamantium line the equivalent?

Similar, but definitely not equivalent. The Adamantium line is more of a coffee table-style book. Hilariously oversized--Absolute editions are very big, but still easily readable, while Adamantium editions are just enormous and I'd imagine they would not be easy to read at all--and also just containing a random assortment of issues rather than a fully collected story.
Although the ideas seem similar on paper, Absolutes and Adamantiums exist for two very different purposes.

JC may be gone for now, but at least we got Bayonetta 2 as GAF's GOTY for last year.

And I saw that Adamantium edition for Wolverine or whatever it was and it was comically big. Not even the Official Omnibus Reading Position would work with that.

Rhaknar

Marvel Unlimited mentioning DC comics is kinda weird

And about my brother...he is the nerdy looking one. I look like a jock. It should be the other way around but our interests are switched. He does own all of the Transformers Masterpiece figures though...so there's that. Still can't get him to read MTMTE though. He says that "G1 is all that matters."

So he's one of those TRUKK NOT MUNKY types. I remember those. *shudder*

JC may be gone for now, but at least we got Bayonetta 2 as GAF's GOTY for last year.

And I saw that Adamantium edition for Wolverine or whatever it was and it was comically big. Not even the Official Omnibus Reading Position would work with that.

Ooh, didn't know the vote counting was done.

Fake Edit: DA:I higher than DKCR:TF pains me a lot, but I guess more people liked DA:I. Can't comment too much on the others, haven't played too many from the Top 20.

Afrodium

Banned
Is there a good point to jump into Amazing Spider-Man? I don't really have the time to read all 700 issues on Marvel Unlimited but I feel I should probably read some Spidey. The new run looks kind of bad and it's in event mode right now so I'm not interested, plus I assume most of the good stories are in the run that went from the sixties all the way up to 2013. Any recommendations for issues that are a good place to dive in?

Rhaknar

Is there a good point to jump into Amazing Spider-Man? I don't really have the time to read all 700 issues on Marvel Unlimited but I feel I should probably read some Spidey. The new run looks kind of bad and it's in event mode right now so I'm not interested, plus I assume most of the good stories are in the run that went from the sixties all the way up to 2013. Any recommendations for issues that are a good place to dive in?

didnt it get rebooted after Superior?

Sou Da

Good place to dive in? Shit I don't know, I honest to god started with the Lee/Ditko stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Read Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis, start by the 1, its only about 130 Issue and worth every single one :) its placed in a different universe, but its still great.

Also, read Kravens Last Hunt. The best Spider-Man story ever.
That should be enough for thr start.

Rhaknar

"only" 130 issues >_>

does X-Men Legacy even have anything to do with the other books? It just seems to be about Legion, who I dont give 2 fucks about. Might be the one X book I dont start tbh

does X-Men Legacy even have anything to do with the other books? It just seems to be about Legion, who I dont give 2 fucks about. Might be the one X book I dont start tbh
Despite snot liking the art that much, I really recommended this book. It's pretty meta and introspective for an X-book and made me really like the character.

Hagi

It did, but there's only a few issues on MU and the art looks kind of bad. Plus, it's all Spideverse now so I see no reason to start when I have minimal Spider-Man knowledge.

Brand New Day is the best jumping on point. Just read from #546 to current. Lots of good stories came from Brand New Day and it's rotating writers before Slott took over full time.

Currently working my way through Hickmans Fantastic Four after putting it off for so long. The Council of Reeds is just an amazing and horrifying idea all at the same time. Val is going to take some time to get used to.

Sou Da

Brand New Day is the best jumping on point. Just read from #546 to current. Lots of good stories came from Brand New Day and it's rotating writers before Slott took over full time.

Currently working my way through Hickmans Fantastic Four after putting it off for so long. The Council of Reeds is just an amazing and horrifying idea all at the same time. Val is going to take some time to get used to.

Absolutely not.

Top Bottom