• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Sou Da

Absolutly. Brand New Day has great stories.

We dont speak about the bullshit recons. But the stories are overall great.

I enjoyed the stories but I'll be goddamned if people miss out on JMS' stuff.
Substitute Peter Parker married to MJ NEEDS to be the status quo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait wtf just happend in Uncanny... Magik absorbs all of Limbo into herself, goes to the past to get help from Dr.Strange and next issue...shes fine and they act like nothings happened. I feel like I missed an issue o_O

edit: also, wtf are the Stepford Cuckoos supposed to be, Emma clones? Either I missed some special where they explained it, I dont think its been covered ever sicne way back in new x-men, but they are telepaths, they look like young emmas and they just turned to diamond so....what?

There has been some Batman stories with an older Bruce Wayne/Batman. Has there ever been an older Peter Parker/Spider-Man story that was good?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
edit: also, wtf are the Stepford Cuckoos supposed to be, Emma clones? Either I missed some special where they explained it, I dont think its been covered ever sicne way back in new x-men, but they are telepaths, they look like young emmas and they just turned to diamond so....what?

Read Phoenix: Warsong.

There has been some Batman stories with an older Bruce Wayne/Batman. Has there ever been an older Peter Parker/Spider-Man story that was good?
I can only think of Spider-Man Requiem. I liked it but it seems like the Internet hated it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Read Phoenix: Warsong.

thank you! how is a guy supposed to know about these off shoots lol. Dat encyclopedic knowledge. What about the Magik thing, was that covered in a annual or something?

"only" 130 issues >_>

does X-Men Legacy even have anything to do with the other books? It just seems to be about Legion, who I dont give 2 fucks about. Might be the one X book I dont start tbh

X-Men Legacy is weird and great.

The anniversary story "Happy Birthday" (ASM #500) had an older Spider-Man.

Thank you for posting the little synopsis, Kipp. I was deathly affraid nobody would like it. Yall brahs receptiveness to it means more than you could ever imagine. Wish I could find that special someone to pitch it to Image. I gotta know if I'm good enough. I gotta know......

GAMEPROFF

Banned
thank you! how is a guy supposed to know about these off shoots lol. Dat encyclopedic knowledge. What about the Magik thing, was that covered in a annual or something?

Well, when I returned to comics Ive looked a lot of stuff up on Wikipedia and read it afterwards :D
Regarding Magik I am sorry, I think I remember a Annual, but I am not sure...

Rhaknar

Well, when I returned to comics Ive looked a lot of stuff up on Wikipedia and read it afterwards :D

that not subtle way of telling me to stop fucking asking things in the thread >_>

wait wtf just happend in Uncanny... Magik absorbs all of Limbo into herself, goes to the past to get help from Dr.Strange and next issue...shes fine and they act like nothings happened. I feel like I missed an issue o_O

Just assume she's regularly time travelling to train her magical stuff.
If I'm not wrong it gets mentioned a couple of times in the coming issues.

Rhaknar

Just assume she's regularly time travelling to train her magical stuff.
If I'm not wrong it gets mentioned a couple of times in the coming issues.

ah cool so i didnt miss anything. Im trying to catch up all the X books up to this battle of the atom, because it seems to crossover with all of them. I still need to start X-Men (with all the ladies) and Cable & The X-Force.

the good part: Im starting to feel good and caught up, at least with the X stuff. After im done with that and I can just wait for the weekly MU updates, ill move on to catching up with Avengers stuff, which will be another handful

And by catching up, I mean after AvX until now (well, whatever "now" means on MU, pre-axis)

Eh, sorry. I really didnt meant this. Feel free to ask everything you want. Sorry, I really had this not in mind while answering.

its fine, I know I ask a lot of questions I could just read in a wiki :)

Sou Da

Just finished reading the Convergence solicits. That thing is a rollercoaster of fantastic concepts paired with mediocore writers. Here's the chart
qSV2m2h.jpg

Action Comics has Stalin v Lex.

The correct series title is Spider-Man: Reign by Kaare Andrews. I did not like it but you can find your radioactive spider jizz questions in there. It's basically Kaare Andrews attempt at making a Dark Knight Returns out of Spider-Man

Sou Da

The correct series title is Spider-Man: Reign by Kaare Andrews. I did not like it but you can find your radioactive spider jizz questions in there. It's basically Kaare Andrews attempt at making a Dark Knight Returns out of Spider-Man

I hated it. The bolded is correct, it's a desperate attempt at doing a Batman story with Spider-Man that falls flat on it's face. Kraven's last hunt does the same thing better.

Abnett's doing JSA too!
I really hope it has ALL of the JSA. I need Cyborg Superman Squad in my veins.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Someone school me on Spiderman, what should I get if I like the hero but know nothing else. My only request is that it be a self contained thing, like a completed omnibus/absolute/series of trades or whatever.

Messi

That's gonna be two light months for me. I have very little nostalgia. Only hyped for the Harley Sirens issues and Catwoman (that costume is dope btw) . :/

Someone school me on Spiderman, what should I get if I like the hero but know nothing else. My only request is that it be a self contained thing, like a completed omnibus/absolute/series of trades or whatever.

Ultimate Spider-Man, the original run is complete at 160 issues. Available in just about every format, though they have only printed one omnibus.

I actually saw an "Ultimate Marvel Omnibus" listed on Amazon recently. They're hardly going to print ALL of it in Omnibus form, right? RIGHT?!?

That's gonna be two light months for me. I have very little nostalgia. Only hyped for the Harley Sirens issues and Catwoman (that costume is dope btw) . :/

Going to wait on recommendations from ComicGAF for all of Convergence. I have no idea what will be good, so I'll trust you guys. Except GrandHarrier, he's going to buy all of it because of course he is.

When it comes to Spider-Man I always recommend Ultimate Spiderman by Bendis. You can get the trades, the omnibus, the ultimate collections or the hardcovers or read it on Marvel Unlimited. Unlimited is your cheapest option

Question: If that jizz is radioactive, how has his testicles not melted off?

Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood. By that logic, he should have melted as soon as he got bitten.

The lesson here is never apply real science to comics. You'll only be disappointed.

tim1138

In anticipation of the arrival of the Absolute editions of Batman and Robin and Batman Inc on Monday, I am starting my now annual Grant Morrison Batman reread. See y'all on the other side.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
In anticipation of the arrival of the Absolute editions of Batman and Robin and Batman Inc on Monday, I am starting my now annual Grant Morrison Batman reread. See y'all on the other side.

Woo! Have fun!

I couldn't wait until Absolute Batman Inc got released to start my Batman re-read, so I already re-read Batman & Son through Final Crisis a few months back, but I'm so excited to re-read the rest of it. Not to imply I don't love the first half of the run, but Batman & Robin and Batman Inc were definitely my favorite parts of the run. I wonder if I'll enjoy The Return of Bruce Wayne more the second time around. It was one of my least favorite parts of Morrison's run when I first read it.

Rhaknar

hmmm this X-Men #1 and #2 have me...confused. Mainly because its involving people Ive never heard about. Who the fuck is John Sublime, and who the fuck is this Karima that is now possessed by Subline's sister.

Or I could just wikipedia them I guess

great art tho

2912509-xmen.jpg

hmmm this X-Men #1 and #2 have me...confused. Mainly because its involving people Ive never heard about. Who the fuck is John Sublime, and who the fuck is this Karima that is now possessed by Subline's sister.

Or I could just wikipedia them I guess

great art tho
Karima appears in X-Men:Supernova a.k.a. the book with the best lineup in X-History. But that wasn't her first appearance I think.

Sublime appeared in New X-Men I think. Not really sure. Should wiki it.

I just read the premise for Convergence...it sounds absolutely bonkers and a tad ridiculous. While I get that the premise could work pretty well, when you say it out loud it sounds almost too crazy. I do get that comics are a great medium for exploring this sort of thing, I can also see why non-comic readers can view comics as nonsensical or too dense and often inaccessible.

who's the idiot who ordered Preacher Vol. 2 in his latest IST order when he ordered the first two volumes in his previous order two months ago

it's me

Top Bottom