• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

mreddie

We always knew 2.99 was a good price. We bitched all the way to 3.99 . this hasn't changed. Marvel just removed more of the value to push shit events

I love marvel so this hurts

I'm about to trim the Marvoo pull and I ain't dealing with bullshit now.

Hagi

I'm going to put all that money I was spending on marvel back into the DC Rebirth books I couldn't afford because of Marvel.

I'm thinking this might be a good time to catch up on Green Arrow and buy Midnighter and Apollo.

amen. Also Marvel needs to double ship some of the Bendis books. Spider-Man needs it.

there aren't any marvel books you think are worth the 4 bucks?

They should double ship the next Bendis event to offset the likely horrible pacing.

Seriously... Is here anyone who stills call himself a Marvel fan beside me?

People like plenty of Marvel books, don't be your avatar. Nova is fire.

Zombine

Banned
I think it's only intended to imply that Rick is becoming Negan.

Yeah. I expect him to
murder the shit out of those D-List saviors who want their piece of the pie. Rick & Negan is the best ship.

I'm thinking this might be a good time to catch up on Green Arrow and buy Midnighter and Apollo.

Green Arrow is way too good. You need to read that as soon as possible.

Edit: I lied about my marvel pulls. There's no way I can't pull Miss America.

Sandfox

We always knew 2.99 was a good price. We bitched all the way to 3.99 . this hasn't changed. Marvel just removed more of the value to push shit events

I love marvel so this hurts
People complained, but it was more about people drawing the line the line at $4 and now with DC offering $3 books people seem to be much more against that price point. Personally I expect Marvel to reduce their prices in the second half of the year though.

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel books I pull at the top of my head. Bolded is stuff I will drop once the discounts stop coming. Not many upcoming #1s I am excited for outside of Iron Fist and Miss America, and Generation X. This is still the most I pull from any company by at least 5 books.

Venom
Mighty Thor
Spider-Man
Hawkeye
Nova
Thanos
Rocket Raccoon
Black Panther
Moon Knight
Infamous Iron Man
Avengers
Power man and Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Cap Steve Rogers
Cap Sam Wilson
Doctor Strange
Invincible Iron Man
Gamora
U.S Avengers

Special Shit that is limited so doesn't count
IvsX
Cage
Unworthy Thor

I swear Coates thinks he is the BP sometimes. that was good

TheFlow

Banned

They should double ship the next Bendis event to offset the likely horrible pacing.

Please God yes. Double ship that shit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Me?

I can still think their logos are shit and their linewide planning is garbage and also simultaneously think that several of their books are among the best currently being published.
As long as you call yourself a fan everything is good I guess :/ I am really worried about all this stuff somehow.

It just looks like everyone drops everything :(

I almost quit the comics community for the most part. Not just this community but Twitter and Facebook groups as well. It's weird to me how political it is. I followed all these people in the industry and now I'm mostly put off by everyone crying for representation. I'm all for everyone being represented, I just don't have the passion and drive to be a part of a community who bickers quite a bit. It's an odd political battlefield. With that, I must put my head down, lower my voice, read some comics I like, drop the ones I don't and not worry about the future of the medium. It's been good in a sense that I get to enjoy the hobby at my pace but it's a negative because there is something enjoyable about being apart of a community. I'm more a loan wolf comic reader. I don't talk comics with anyone really anymore.

mreddie

Bolded is ones I'm keeping, everything else is on a thin line. Not named books already dropped and Iceman, America and Secret Warriors...we'll see.

Avengers
Black Panther
Cap Sam
Cap Steve
Doctor Strange
Great Lakes Avengers
Ghost Rider
Gwenpool
Hawkeye
Hellcat
Infamous Iron Man
Invincible Iron Man
Moon Girl
Ms. Marvel
Nova
Power Man & Iron Fist
Rocket
Silk
Spider-Woman
Star-Lord
U.S.Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Unstoppable Wasp

Venom

Owzers

Dcbs order for 9 comics and shipping, boards: aboot $26.50

If I bought them digitally on release: $31

The gap closes...

I am still gonna be pulling my huge list of Mahvoos as this change doesn't appear to affect my particular purchasing habits. And I still love most of them, Mahvoo til I die

But it sucks for those who have been impacted. It's an aggressive change.

Sandfox

I am still gonna be pulling my huge list of Mahvoos as this change doesn't appear to affect my particular purchasing habits. And I still love most of them, Mahvoo til I die

I think the move makes sense in that a lot of people were selling and sharing codes, but Marvel should've found some way to add some sort of additional value to make up for it that people actually want.

If this happens my pull will be sub 5 books
Which ones would you be dropping.

Owzers

I've assumed it was going away at some point, especially with dc disappearing their digital combo packs which weren't as good as marvels set-up. Eventually marvel would stop caring about the codes or want to do something else, the day has come. Same time as Trump...

I think the move makes sense in that a lot of people were selling and sharing codes, but Marvel should've found some way to add some sort of additional value to make up for it that people actually want.

Which ones would you be dropping.

Marvel should offer discounted digital print subscriptions like they do with print and then I would subscribe to a lot of their books.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I almost quit the comics community for the most part. Not just this community but Twitter and Facebook groups as well. It's weird to me how political it is. I followed all these people in the industry and now I'm mostly put off by everyone crying for representation. I'm all for everyone being represented, I just don't have the passion and drive to be a part of a community who bickers quite a bit. It's an odd political battlefield. With that, I must put my head down, lower my voice, read some comics I like, drop the ones I don't and not worry about the future of the medium. It's been good in a sense that I get to enjoy the hobby at my pace but it's a negative because there is something enjoyable about being apart of a community. I'm more a loan wolf comic reader. I don't talk comics with anyone really anymore.

Well it's good that you know what you like, instead of getting dragged into things that you don't care about. Being able to step away is a healthy and rational response.

It's funny to me though, because all of the groups that I've removed myself from have been for the opposite reason. I don't go to /r/comicbooks anymore because of the way that they're so resistant to representation. They're still grousing about Jane-Thor and Moon Girl and Spencer's Cap runs. It just got annoying to me. Representation doesn't automatically make something great, but I don't know how they can see something like the story about the comic shop worker who realized that her new customer was gay and not think that it's a good thing.

Top Bottom