• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Never seen any of those movies. Good statue though. Premium format figures are no joke. They cost BANK.

Never seen any of those movies. Good statue though. Premium format figures are no joke. They cost BANK.
3F17jGM.gif

I only have one statue, the Genie from Aladdin (not my picture)

DSC_0555.JPG

Though I do have the 1/6th scale Link from Skyward Sword too.

Since the GF went to her grandparents lake house tonight I had the evening to myself and read through all my comics.

Batman Eternal, Swamp Thing, Superman Batman, Earth 2, and Superman Unchained were all very enjoyable reads. Futures End was better than it has been, and Justice League 3000 was interesting, I'm just not sure where they're going with it.

Messi

Never seen any Star Wars or Godfather. I just don't watch movies like that. I mostly watch rom coms and some such. I've seen and own all of Olivia Wildes movies :/

Cheska

I was completely blown away by Rocket Raccoon. Loved the writing and the angle they're taking, but even more impressed by Skottie's art. I'm pretty sure we all had agreed he was a perfect match for this book, but DAMN! SO GOOD! Also
Root the Groot!

I think it's safe to say you have an addiction. XD
You're probably right haha.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Never seen any Star Wars or Godfather. I just don't watch movies like that. I mostly watch rom coms and some such. I've seen and own all of Olivia Wildes movies :/

Why does this not surprise me.

What the hell happened in Earth 2 this week? Been getting rave reviews and people are talking about it a bunch on Twitter.

It wasn't a bad issue at all IMHO. But I guess people must be mad at (Spoilers for this week's issue)
Evil Superman killing Pa Kent with his heat vision...
I mean, I am sort of mad too, but it fits with how Taylor has portrayed the character.

Boogiepop

Nintendo games actually getting nice figures is starting to prove to be the true danger for me. In addition to some assorted stuff I now have Figmas of both Link, Pit, AND Dark Pit (and seriously curse my love of Kid Icarus there, since he's a recolor by nature). And today I noticed there's now Nendoroids for Windwaker Link, Isabella from Animal Crossing, and there's a Red from Pokemon on the way (plus Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura), and a Lucina from Fire Emblem Figma coming out.

I managed to resist my one One Piece addiction at least. I have like 6 figuarts zero figures, including an awesome Whitebeard that's to scale, but I've slowed way down. And the Portrait of Pirates stuff, though awesome, is something I've decided is too expensive to splurge on.

Oh, and I have the awesome Revoltech Layton. Shame they never got around to making a Luke to go with him.

But yeah, it's both a blessing and a curse that most of the anime I'd want figures of never get them. I don't need waifus, I want stuff like a good Kogorou from Detective Conan, or a Kino from Kino's Journey, or a full cast of Urusei Yatsura/Ranma (which admittedly kind of include waifus I guess, but still), or a darn Boogiepop anything!

As for comic stuff... I have some old action figures? I actually have a Spiderman 2099 that I got as a small child, not recognizing what he specifically was till a few years ago. I believe he came with a flaming axe, because action figures (unless that actually happens later in the series past what I read.)

What the hell happened in Earth 2 this week? Been getting rave reviews and people are talking about it a bunch on Twitter.

Val reveals that he was adopted by the Els, along with Kal, Kara, and himself they sent out a 4th person from Kypton to Earth. Evil Clark forces Lois to go to dinner with him at his parents in Kansas. He basically forces everyone to act like nothing happened and everything the same as it ever was. Pa Kent is like I've had enough of this, and Clark flips out and is all like everything is for Darkseid! To which Pa Kent is basically Fuck Darkseid. Then Clark kills him with I guess his heat vision but they look more like Omega Beams. Green Lantern, Hawkgirl and Flash take out a huge Parademon collection and Flash kills the Beguiler by running so fast he seems to push her into infinity. Then Val fixes Dr Fates helmet, and I forget the dude's name opens up a Boomtube large enough to suck in the Earth, so Green Lantern is trying to hold it back. Superman shows up and then so does Val and the book ends.

I thought it was a damn good read.

IrishNinja

still too much Wood hate in here

but moon knight is
essentially
cancelled next month

My face at the end of Moon Knight #5:

3F17jGM.gif

"Listen. Where you're going? Tell your friends,. Tell everyone you meet. You tell them all.

When you see me coming?

Run."

In a word? Brutal. O_O

such a great issue. so bummed this team is leaving so fast, but i'm definitely staying on past. i wonder if Iron Fist is just gonna be this mini or what?

oh god, it looks like IDW is going to be reprinting the TMNT trades, now with Michael Bay-inspired atrocities on the covers....

ugh
honestly though, i loved Cityfall & the arcs since but the art is fuckin' terrible inside too

Val reveals that he was adopted by the Els, along with Kal, Kara, and himself they sent out a 4th person from Kypton to Earth. Evil Clark forces Lois to go to dinner with him at his parents in Kansas. He basically forces everyone to act like nothing happened and everything the same as it ever was. Pa Kent is like I've had enough of this, and Clark flips out and is all like everything is for Darkseid! To which Pa Kent is basically Fuck Darkseid. Then Clark kills him with I guess his heat vision but they look more like Omega Beams. Green Lantern, Hawkgirl and Flash take out a huge Parademon collection and Flash kills the Beguiler by running so fast he seems to push her into infinity. Then Val fixes Dr Fates helmet, and I forget the dude's name opens up a Boomtube large enough to suck in the Earth, so Green Lantern is trying to hold it back. Superman shows up and then so does Val and the book ends.

I thought it was a damn good read.

I need to catch up to this. Thank you. Also rongfield.

I think he was made by Trendmasters, and yes he's totally more relevant. The Iron Giant was Vin Diesel's best acting performance, ever.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think he was made by Trendmasters, and yes he's totally more relevant. The Iron Giant was Vin Diesel's best acting performance, ever.

Definitely. Also, it's the only one where he's shown genuine emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom