• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well, 3 things are better than one right? Even got $4 back!

Brkfwe8CQAAkXq9.jpg

Daaayum. I say you came out ahead.
Also, let us know how Moench/Jones Batman is! I'm really curious about it.

Do you guys feel like Infinity Gauntlet still holds up well? I know so many of you are indifferent, and sometimes even prefer classic art. However, for a reader more in tune with the modern stuff, is it still worth reading?

I read it very very recently. Good fun. Don't know if I will want to own a copy though.

Pick ups this week...

Marvel Comics
Captain America #22
Daredevil: Road Warrior #0.1
Iron Fist the Living Weapon #4
Legendary Star-Lord #1
Moon Knight #5
Rocket Raccoon #1
Thor God of Thunder #24

DC Comics
Batman '66 Meets The Green Hornet #2
Justice League 3000 #8
Scooby-Doo Team-Up #5

Image Comics
Lazarus #9
Satellite Sam #9

Wasn't going to get the GotG spinoff books, but the reviews this morning were positive so I figured I'd give them a look.

Also, KANGAS!

p7Iz0hV.jpg

Moon Knight, Punisher, and Black Widow today.

A good goddamn day. I hope the release schedule stays like this forever. The last few months have had these three titles hit at the same time (with a bonus Punisher).

My face at the end of Moon Knight #5:

3F17jGM.gif

"Listen. Where you're going? Tell your friends,. Tell everyone you meet. You tell them all.

When you see me coming?

Run."

In a word? Brutal. O_O

My face at the end of Moon Knight #5:

3F17jGM.gif

"Listen. Where you're going? Tell your friends,. Tell everyone you meet. You tell them all.

When you see me coming?

Run."

In a word? Brutal. O_O

First comic I read today and so far, my favorite. Did you see my post about the callback issues?

Vibranium

Banned
I loved seeing Nat and Bucky together again in Black Widow btw, though I was as sad-faced as James when she called him "Barnes". Interesting little development for Isaiah at the end, but I wanted more of two of my favorite characters together. Noto draws a fantastic Winter Soldier, one of the best in the company (he should have done The Bitter March).

I really hope Edmondson doesn't dick around and restores her full memories of their time together (should have never been deleted in the first place). I want my WS solo and their partnership back.

Nailbiter #3 was great! It has gone a completely different direction than the one that I imagined for it but for the better.

Dalek

I feel stupid asking this, but I'm not sure I understand the last page of Thor.

Also, they've made Roxxon into a AAA Class Enemy.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

I like the subversion of it, small as it may be.

Messi

oh god, it looks like IDW is going to be reprinting the TMNT trades, now with Michael Bay-inspired atrocities on the covers....

Ah fuck this shit. No problem with the designs but the covers they have are fine.

Edit: Nice little nod to Southern Bastards at the beginning of Rocket Raccoon.

Mindwipe

Do you guys feel like Infinity Gauntlet still holds up well? I know so many of you are indifferent, and sometimes even prefer classic art. However, for a reader more in tune with the modern stuff, is it still worth reading?

Heck yes. It's still great. Honestly the only thing that hasnt aged well is Doom coming across as rather two dimensional.

Also, you'll be able to follow it up by reading "What if... The Silver Surfer had possessed the Infinity Gauntlet?" Which is actually the best What If Marvel ever published.

Spoilered:
it implies that future Galactus now wields the power of All-Black the Necrosword, the weapon Gorr used in the first arc to butcher gods across time and space, and that King Thor used to defeat him.
In other words: BIG f*cking trouble.

Thor GoT continues to be one of the epic-est of comics on shelves today.

Owzers

you guys have ruined my ability to ignore statues for the most part. Nothing that hasn't been released yet interests me though for dcbs ordering.

Owzers

Give it time, you will find something nice :D

the best things i passed on were the Mignola and Allred batman statues since i already had a Lee Bermejo one and i didn't want to get started buying more in the same line, and the Harley black and white.

I've always wanted that Zatanna Cover Girls statue to match Catwoman, but.....ebay.

Messi

I can't think of a character that would make me cross the line to buy a statue.

It it like a love at first sight thing?

With me, no. I am sure it is for some. I spend many hours looking around statue sites and such. I don't advise it, you could turn into a Cheska.

Owzers

I can't think of a character that would make me cross the line to buy a statue.

It it like a love at first sight thing?

3268890010_0bf8fc91b4.jpg

Kinda. I only have the two statues i mentioned, the batman one and this one, which is what broke my "no statues" thinking. It is still my favorite out of all the statues released, so i'm still glad i got it. That's not my case, random internet picture, mine has a little black smudge on her glasses though too....

There's only one statue I regret not buying when I had the chance, because these days the only time I see it anywhere online is as a set. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom